Nancy & Zach New make plea deals with the Feds...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Breaking: Nancy and Zach New have reached guilty plea deals with US Attys in the private school scam case. Up to 10 for Nancy, 5 for Zach. This comes on the heels of our #TheBackchannel series revealing the former governor’s role in a welfare theft scandal https://t.co/HMHu7lFpS4 pic.twitter.com/mVqlbzqnpX— Anna Wolfe (@ayewolfe) April 21, 2022

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I wonder how much, if any, restitution? Nancy is in her late 50s or 60s(?), so 10 years (assuming no parole) is a long time, but if Zach got a good pay day, 5 years in a federal facility may be a decent deal. One day in a state facility would not be worth it.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Side note on this Anna Wolfe I keep seeing. I notice she's from Tacoma, WA, and worked for the Clarion Ledger for 3 years before joining Mississippi Today in 2018. What's her story? How did she end up in Mississippi?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Side note on this Anna Wolfe I keep seeing. I notice she's from Tacoma, WA, and worked for the Clarion Ledger for 3 years before joining Mississippi Today in 2018. What's her story? How did she end up in Mississippi?

Not sure how she ended up here, but she is "woke" and has a history of writing race baiting type articles. I don't she's going to give any "power player" a fair shake, although, in this case the evidence so far speaks for itself.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Not sure how she ended up here, but she is "woke" and has a history of writing race baiting type articles. I don't she's going to give any "power player" a fair shake, although, in this case the evidence so far speaks for itself.
Yeah I figured that, but I'm not opposed to people like her moving here, think that would be a good thing. What I think is funny, is that she probably is up there in Seattle and wants to come down to the Sip to correct all the wrongs, and I'm like, she doesn't understand how good she had it in the PNW, as I'm trying to get up there and eventually live the good life.

I know people in Seattle say Tacoma is hood, but I legitimately laugh when I hear that.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Google Spokane and crime, and the overall stats look like it’s awful. But it’s incredibly safe. It’s the size of Jackson. There was an article a few years ago talking about how the homicide rate increased 225%. Went from 4 to 13.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yeah I figured that, but I'm not opposed to people like her moving here, think that would be a good thing. What I think is funny, is that she probably is up there in Seattle and wants to come down to the Sip to correct all the wrongs, and I'm like, she doesn't understand how good she had it in the PNW, as I'm trying to get up there and eventually live the good life.

I know people in Seattle say Tacoma is hood, but I legitimately laugh when I hear that.

The cost of living & real estate though is up there.

It's a lot easier economically to live in the South (and even southern cities such as metropolitan Nashville and suburban Atlanta) than it is Seattle or the Bay Area.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
My business partner is from the Seattle area (and a Gonzaga grad) and he complains daily about how Washington has gone to hell. He tells me stories of his life growing up and honestly it doesn’t sound much different from how we grew up in Mississippi. Fast forward to today and he says that extremist leftist groups have made life very uncomfortable in Seattle proper with most of his friends and family in the suburbs feeling the effects of property crime, squatters, etc.

Neither of us live in Mississippi, although I hope to one day move back, and he’s actively looking for property in Mississippi right now.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I do like their drizzling rain. I'm not too fond of torrential thunderstorms and sideways hurricane ******** like I get here on the regular.

Yup. Huge difference between Seattle rain and our rain. It is dreary as 17, but it's not like the southeast where rain means you legitimately can't do most outdoor things.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I think she graduated from State. No idea what make her decide to come to school here but it looks like that is how she got to the state.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
My business partner is from the Seattle area (and a Gonzaga grad) and he complains daily about how Washington has gone to hell. He tells me stories of his life growing up and honestly it doesn’t sound much different from how we grew up in Mississippi. Fast forward to today and he says that extremist leftist groups have made life very uncomfortable in Seattle proper with most of his friends and family in the suburbs feeling the effects of property crime, squatters, etc.

Neither of us live in Mississippi, although I hope to one day move back, and he’s actively looking for property in Mississippi right now.
Property crime is one thing, violent crime is much different. They don't even know what that is out there. The fact that those idiots could even set up an autonomous zone tells me all I need to know. Let me try that in Jackson.

Homeless folks go where it's safe, generally. They love squatting in nice cities.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I’m seeing 112 precipitation days and 16.45 inches for Spokane vs 110 and 57 for Jackson. Does snow in the winter though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login