Napier looks defeated already

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha
Reactions: HuskyDawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Can this be true? If Brett says it, I believe it, but damn.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Napier can still be a good coach but just a bad fit for UF. From the article that was linked on this board about UF and CDM, it would appear that maybe there is a culture problem. He may not be the right person to fix that part.

I wasn't a yeah or nay on the possibility of him coaching at State. If I had an actual say in it, I probably would have been on the yay side and he very well may have worked out.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
His body language and pad level is reflected in his players. I'm so glad we didn't hire him at any point.
I've watched him for a long time and he kind of always looks that way. Not a guy who shows his emotion on his face. Laid back sort of. But while he's had moderate success at ULL, he's never been high on my list anyway. I was always a big Norvell fan. I wanted Norvell instead of JoeMo.

Last edited:

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
As I stated when everyone was clamoring for him, he looks dumb to me. I'm sure he isn't but he sure looks it and sounds kinda slow too. But he is a rich dummy.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006

Pretty sure that's true. They'll go play at FSU, The U or Jacksonville but none of those are actually 'true' road games for them. The game last night is the first time I remember them playing a non conference power 5 out of state.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

I believe their last true non conference road game outside the state of Florida was when they went up to Syracuse in the early 90s. They have a tough non conference game with FSU every year, and I guess they just want the other three to be easier win opportunities.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I believe their last true non conference road game outside the state of Florida was when they went up to Syracuse in the early 90s. They have a tough non conference game with FSU every year, and I guess they just want the other three to be easier win opportunities.
That’s correct. I’ll bag on Florida any chance I get but this one is nothing. Selective information by McMurphy.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I’m guessing all the clowns here who wanted to hire that bum will never admit it now
I can't remember if I wanted him or not at this point but I do know I was on record as considering him the poor man's Dan Mullen, which I didn't entirely mean as an insult although I thought it was crazy to fire Dan Mullen to hire him for $5M+ or whatever they are paying him.

I actually liked their offense when we played them in New Orleans when slomo was here and thought it would be a good fit for us like Mullen's, except he added more misdirection. Of course in hindsight that was probably the beginning of bad coaching rearing its head.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Napier can still be a good coach but just a bad fit for UF. From the article that was linked on this board about UF and CDM, it would appear that maybe there is a culture problem. He may not be the right person to fix that part.

I wasn't a yeah or nay on the possibility of him coaching at State. If I had an actual say in it, I probably would have been on the yay side and he very well may have worked out.

I don't know. I didn't get to see the game but based on the write-ups, it sure seems like they have a lot of the hallmarks of poor coaching.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Firing Mullen was a mistake. Had the CFP expanded to 12 teams in 2018, Mullen would have taken Florida to the CFP 3 out of 4 years. There is no way they fire him in that scenario, but instead, they will probably be doing a coaching search while watching Tennessee in the CFP in 2024.

Reactions: patdog

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
I'm eagerly awaiting the next 'journalist' who just happens to be a good friend of players who quit Florida football to write a totally balanced article about how awful Muschamp McElwain Mullen Napier really is. Should be a hard-hitting piece of journalism.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I don't know. I didn't get to see the game but based on the write-ups, it sure seems like they have a lot of the hallmarks of poor coaching.
Agreed. Numerous pre-snap penalties and giving up a free first down due to having two players wearing the same number don’t exactly scream… yeah, this team’s got it together

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login