NC State upgrading their baseball stadium…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
$15 million enhancement plan…

[FONT="]The plan has been separated into three phases - field improvements, competitive team performance spaces and fan experience upgrades. Should fundraising exceed $15 million, additional phases will be added to the project.More info: https://t.co/QTJyvDTg2z pic.twitter.com/gKQ2TJktGs— #Pack9 ⚾️ (@NCStateBaseball) January 6, 2022 [/FONT]

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
$60M for SUNY-Binghamton: Binghamton University Lands $60M for New Baseball Complex | Ballpark Digest

ETA: [FONT=&quot]At $60 million, Binghamton’s stadium is tied for the fourth most expensive stadium in college baseball. TD Ameritrade Park, home of the College World Series and Creighton, cost $131 million when it opened in 2011. Mississippi State’s Dudy-Noble Field opened last season at a cost of $68 million. Florida is building a new stadium set to open next season with a price tag that was initially announced at $65 million. Oklahoma State’s O’Brate Stadium will open later this spring at an estimated $60 million.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I had almost forgotten about Binghamton. That donation there was a bit of a shocker.

They should be finished with construction in time for the 2022 season.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
A month and a half ago, NC State won their first team national championship since they beat Houston in Albuquerque in ‘83.

Women’s Cross Country: Link

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Really shocked they're dividing the $15M project into 3 phases....

The plan has been separated into three phases - field improvements, competitive team performance spaces and fan experience upgrades. Should fundraising exceed $15 million, additional phases will be added to the project.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I was a bit amused by the ‘Kickstarter’ approach too.

I’m waiting for NC State to reveal their stretch goals.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Really glad we got that natty when we did, because obviously DNF is going to kick-start projects all over the country, just as it did back in the 80s. It's good to be a trend starter. The problem is, so many of our insecure fans will be like, "such and such is PaSsInG uS!!!" and cry like all somebody has to do is spend money to move past us in the pecking order. Before that natty, I think a lot of people might have believed it. I mean let's get real, in the late 2000s, it was awfully easy to believe that Ole Miss had passed us, not to mention South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Florida later on. And we WILL go through another dark period. But at least now we've gotten the coveted prize.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
The video is good. Family tent areas with dedicated space for grills.
Man that's the one thing I wish we had more of, although I guess you have to pick your poison, and we picked the Left Field Lounge, as we should. Or terracing for people to just sit, like Ole Miss has in the OF. Oh well, you only have so much room.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Agreed. On all counts.

MSU set the standard twice with the stadiums.

I’ll admit to being curious what universities will do to build upon what State has done.

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009
Man that's the one thing I wish we had more of, although I guess you have to pick your poison, and we picked the Left Field Lounge, as we should. Or terracing for people to just sit, like Ole Miss has in the OF. Oh well, you only have so much room.

I think the terrace was meant for at least some GA people to bring portable grills, not just sit. I think grills are now banned there. If fans are going to just sit on the terraces, it's a tremendous waste of space and should be chairbacks.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I think the terrace was meant for at least some GA people to bring portable grills, not just sit. I think grills are now banned there. If fans are going to just sit on the terraces, it's a tremendous waste of space and should be chairbacks.
Now that I look back, there's plenty of other spaces for 'tailgating' type areas so yeah I agree, I think those areas should be chairbacked.

Oct 3, 2008
I'm glad to see all these programs finally upgrading their stadiums (it's great overall for college baseball), but these plans / announcements are snoozers. I think back to 2016 when the Dudy Noble Death Star plans were announced, and this is still the best college baseball stadium video ever made. So well done by our Athletic Dept and WBA/Populous...

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
They might as well not spend the $15mil and keep fundraising. That looks awful especially the Middle School Field House looking IPF.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Always high praise when other universities visit to see what you've built/created and how you're doing it.

The only challenege for NC State - in anything they do - is that they are sitting right under the noses of the NC Legislature

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I think South Carolina won a natty after they built their stadium in the late 2000s...wasn't that the latest and greatest version in the SEC at the time?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
That challenge about being in Raleigh under the state legislature’s noses makes a lot of sense now that you’ve mentioned it.

I’ve long thought that NC State as being a place that could stand to spend more on athletics facilities and seemingly doesn’t?

Last edited:

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I would agree with that, but you could say that for a lot of the ACC, too. Of course, look at the measuring stick we use: the gold standard called "The SEC"

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
Vandy and the NCAA should have to foot 1/3 of the bill for what they pulled in Omaha.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login