Need a Christmas weather forecast or update

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Need a idea of what to expect for the Christmas week in DeSoto Co from Thursday - Monday if possible.
The couple of folks on here seem to be way more accurate than the local guys.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Cold. Extremely cold. The trend has been going away of any meaningful snowfall I'm sad to say. Parts of TN and extreme northern MS maybe around an inch as it looks now when the front pushes through Thursday night and the extreme cold air wrings out any remaining moisture. But look for a 35-50 degree temp drop as the front passes. Highs Friday will stay in the mid teens to low 20's for the northern 1/3 of the state. Would not be surprised to see wind chills below 0 at times. Temps start to rebound some by Saturday but we could be looking at Christmas Day before we get back above freezing so from Thursday night to midday Sunday could be below freezing and in a lot of that time well below freezing so take all precautions with pipes and any outdoor animals.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Need a idea of what to expect for the Christmas week in DeSoto Co from Thursday - Monday if possible.
The couple of folks on here seem to be way more accurate than the local guys.

Bernie Sanders Meme GIF

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I'm liking yalls predictions of little perception Thursday into Friday. I have an am flight Friday for Dallas. I'm concerned.

Go Cowboys.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The cold front will move through Thursday and for the rest of the weekend it will be extremely cold. Some of the coldest air in years for this time of year. Not much in the way of precip.
In the Memphis NWS forecast discussion this morning, they said that confidence is rising for accumulating precip Thursday evening.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Any really wet stuff in advance of the freezing temps will make for a long few days for any of those in the electric/water utilities. Let’s hope it is a dry freeze.

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
Any ice accumulations expected from this? I know it's supposed to be a steady rain for a couple days leading up to it.

Reactions: MSUGUY

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Heading from the Dallas-Fort Worth area to Corinth, MS leaving out Thursday (Dec 22) morning.

My normal route is 30 to Little Rock, then 40 to Memphis, then 72 to Corinth, but that's looking more and more risky.

My alternate route (I think I used it about 10 years ago when Arkansas and Tennessee were basically frozen over) is 20 to Jackson, then up the Trace to Tupelo, then 45 to Corinth, but obviously that adds about an hour or two to the drive.

I'm leaning towards going the southern route.

What say you guys?

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Heading from the Dallas-Fort Worth area to Corinth, MS leaving out Thursday (Dec 22) morning.

My normal route is 30 to Little Rock, then 40 to Memphis, then 72 to Corinth, but that's looking more and more risky.

My alternate route (I think I used it about 10 years ago when Arkansas and Tennessee were basically frozen over) is 20 to Jackson, then up the Trace to Tupelo, then 45 to Corinth, but obviously that adds about an hour or two to the drive.

What say you guys?

I'd guess that using the Interstates (and Hwy 72 in Mississippi is as good as an Interstate) there'd be a greater chance that the roads would be cleared and treated. The bridge at Memphis might be an issue.

Reactions: Dawgg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

What say you guys?
You’ll be fine. They are talking about minimal precip plus it’s supposed to get up into the mid 50s Thursday before dropping.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013

What say you guys?
I have made that trip from Houston to Corinth for 40 years ...I avoid Little Rock when there are weather issues I'd go 20 to Meridian and stay away from the elevated bypass in LittleRock ..

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012

What say you guys?
I would go that way regardless, that hour or so longer is not as bad as dealing with the traffic on 40 into w memphis/memphis, I went that way a couple years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the trip, but I came Hernando instead of Corinth. Probably not much difference in time though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login