Need advice

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
We are finally going to streaming and getting rid of Direct TV. I’m ignorant about the new fangled smart TVs. I need to replace a couple of TVs with smart TVs. I don’t want to deal with a second remote associated with a fire stick or stand alone Roku device. I’ve already started with YouTube TV and have Amazon prime. My question is do I need a Smart Roku TV or a Smart Google TV? I don’t really understand the difference.

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
I have Roku fire stick. The Roku remote replaces tv remote, so you only have the one remote. You can turn TV on/off with Roku remote and also controls volume.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I really like Samsung smart tvs. But both of those will work too.

I've got a Samsung for the den. The new ones are for the grilling porch and the bedroom. The porch tv is covered but still takes a beating from the elements so I've learned to buy cheap and replace it every few years. Looking at a TCL on Amazon and they offer either Google or Roku. I didn't know which one I need.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I prefer any tv over a roku tv, but that’s my opinion. Some people like them. I gave mine away. Hated the interface. Bought a Samsung, like it a lot, and the picture is a good bit better. Any device remote will also work the tv. I bought Android tv for the bedroom tv (not 4k) it was $20 & prefer it over the firestick.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I'd get the Firestick

The remote is not that big of a deal.

AMAZON is taking over our lives, between,

FireTV, Alexa, Ring Security Systems, Roomba Vacs., etc.
They already know everything about us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login