New Bracketology WTF

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
He has bumped us to an 8 facing UNC on the weekend barring the thursday friday games.<a rel="nofollow" href="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology?id=3232345">

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology?id=3232345</a>

Edited to add that after looking at Nitty Gritty report we are one spot from moving to a 9, not that the 8/9 is any different.

We better take care of business tonight and then tommorow.

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
He has bumped us to an 8 facing UNC on the weekend barring the thursday friday games.<a rel="nofollow" href="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology?id=3232345">

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology?id=3232345</a>

Edited to add that after looking at Nitty Gritty report we are one spot from moving to a 9, not that the 8/9 is any different.

We better take care of business tonight and then tommorow.

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
See UT over SC. Take away not hitting outside shots we played pretty well. The only other complaint would have been TO's.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
we won and that was great...but watching us play against a zone is like sitting in a dentitst chair

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
of a zone. It slows the game down and makes it ugly. We did the same thing to teams when we threw our zone at folks, and it was very effective. Bama's zone was good, give them credit. But we overcame it and won.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It slowed us down and slows any team down. Bama has the long length down low to make a zone really effective.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
its the way in which we cant figure out how to attack it. Very little flooding the corner, very little high/lo work....just pass, pass, pass around the perimeter looking for a 3

patdog

May 28, 2007
If Ben and Randy could hit a wide open 3, watching us against that zone would have been a lot of fun. That zone was effective becaue they couldn't shoot for **** last night.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
They packed the zone in on Rhodes quite a bit. He was never open. Should we work the high/low with a guy that is swarmed by 2 or 3 defenders?

In addition, we got a ton of open looks from 3, they just didn't fall. If we hit a few of those, we probably get them out of the zone and Rhodes would've gone off and we might've won pretty comfortably.

Also, maybe Alabama just played well. Did that ever occur to you? Not everything that happens to us is Rick's fault. But, why am I even trying to rationalize this with you?

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"They packed the zone in on Rhodes quite a bit. He was never open. Should we work the high/low with a guy that is swarmed by 2 or 3 defenders?"

Rhodes should have been on the high side running the elbows to eliminate that. He has the ability to drive to the basket, drop to Varnado, or kick it out. I'm fully aware we had some open shots, as most teams will get against a zone. But we settle for that wayyyy to easy.

If you are impressed and happy with the way we attack a zone, then so be it. But most people see we basically dont do ****

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
<span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">"Rhodes should have been on the high side running the elbows to eliminate that. He has the ability to drive to the basket, drop to Varnado, or kick it out. I'm fully aware we had some open shots, as most teams will get against a zone. But we settle for that wayyyy to easy."</span>

Which Charles Rhodes are you talking? Because the CRhodes that plays for the Mississippi State Bulldogs can't dribble more than twice in wide open court without bouncing if off his knee, much less into the teeth of a zone with defenders slapping at the ball.

It really speaks a lot for you that every problem has such a simple solution and you have all the answers, yet you washed out at the high school level with no real accomplishments and never got a job on a college staff. Wonder why that is? I am sure you will now tell us about all your awesome HS accomplishments and how many college jobs you turned down. Yaaaawn. Guess what, as a senior I averaged almost 10 pts per game*, was Honorable Mention All District, and my team made the Final Four. TOP THAT!

*I have no idea what I averaged. If 6 is "about 10" then that is probably accurate.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"Guess what, as a senior I averaged almost 10 pts per game*, was Honorable Mention All District, and my team made the Final Four. TOP THAT! "

that Kemper Academy was a force when you played there.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
tea all over my monitor at work. I don't know how I'm going to explain that to my boss. Thanks Meo.

Jan 13, 2008
I didn't know that Coach Ricky Williams was selling condoms now. C34, how do you juggle your CSS show, condom sales, and dating Jacob Hester and college girls at the same time?

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
JacksonDevilDog said:
I didn't know that Coach Ricky Williams was selling condoms now. C34, how do you juggle your CSS show, condom sales, and dating Jacob Hester and college girls at the same time?

that morons have to crack jokes when they have no knowledge of what they are talking about in a basketball discussion. All of you know we look like **** when having to attack a good zone team.</p>

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
from the guy that has blown every prediction he's made all year in our "basketball discussions". So who is the one that doesn't know **** about what they are talking about? That would be you, Bundy.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
<span style="font-weight: bold;">" All of you know we look like **** when having to attack a good zone team."

</span>Agreed. And we also know that your constant supply of elementary solutions to the problems are not the answer. If is was that easy, you would have job in coaching somewhere. Period.<span style="font-weight: bold;">
</span>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
over the next 6 games." Your basketball knowledge is obviously that much better than ours given your ability to accurately predict the outcome of games.</p>

ChazReinhold

Nov 27, 2007
"Auburn will be a tough matchup for us."

"I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas beats us at home."

"No way Tennessee beats Arkansas by 19."

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Problem was Bama had 3 players right around Rhodes every time due to the fact we couldn't buy a 3 point shot. They left us open because we shot so poorly. Now Ben and Barry should have driven more rather than taking so many 3s, but we did try to bust the zone. When a team shoots poorly from the outside and the opponent is long and athletic, the zone is hard to beat.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"If is was that easy, you would have job in coaching somewhere. Period"

No, I dont want a job in coaching. Period

oem

Feb 23, 2008
Did you happen to catch Florida's performance against Alabama's zone the other night. Ever seen a monkey %#%! a football?

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Right. Because everyone would rather be pounding the pavement working sales that drawing six figures as major college assistant coach and playing sports for a living. Period.

jlat13

Nov 1, 2007
I kind of agree with Coach, not that I have all the solutions to the problem. But last night was not the first time a zone has made us look completely incompetent on offense. I have always told my friends for years all you have to do to make the game at least very close and usually beat us is to run a zone. Everyone is correct, if we were able to hit the wide open 3's we got it would be different. When I played I loved when teams played zone because I was mostly a spot up shooter and knew I would be able to have a big night. So yes, I agree with everyone else on that point that a zone's effectiveness is negated if you can hit open 3's. But in Peaches defense, our offense when people run a zone is miserable to watch. We stand our guards around the perimeter and just pass it around and around until the shot clock is about up. Just a little dribble penetration from Gordon or a pass to the elbow to one of the post players and other players cutting to the basket. I'm not saying its the answer I'm just saying I would like to see us try something different than what we do to be a little more effective.

C

Cains Major

If that is the case, it's not fair to us, we're not likely to get a seed over just one game.
It's a conspiracy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login