New Gameday Regulations after Arrests

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Check the lengthy threads dating back from Saturday.

I hate to be glib like this— but the posts were pretty extensive.

Reactions: ntzdog

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Check the lengthy threads dating back from Saturday.

I hate to be glib like this— but the posts were pretty extensive.
I never saw any lengthy threads on this. Went back and looked through Sunday and still didn't see any.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

Dawgfan61

Mar 2, 2008
  • No non-MSU-provided amplified music will be allowed in the Junction. TVs and radios will be allowed, but large speakers or elevated speakers will NOT be allowed.
I love this new rule. The frats have had huge speakers and really loud music for too long now. I like music too don't get me wrong, some people take it too damn far though.

wasabaka

Sep 17, 2012
Let them have their fun! What's next, banning grills and only allowing cold chicken fingers???**

rem101

Jan 22, 2008
Based on these new rules I would surmise that a couple of neighboring tailgates got in an alcohol fueled dust-up over noise and/or tent site encroachment.
There's a video circulating facebook showing a fight. Little more to it than that, chairs being the main weapon of choice in the short stint I saw. Pretty big crowd of people going at it.

Sep 29, 2022
Keenum said that for the final games of the 2023 season, the following new rules and procedures will be implemented:
  • No non-MSU-provided amplified music will be allowed in the Junction. TVs and radios will be allowed, but large speakers or elevated speakers will NOT be allowed.

Where does one procure "MSU-provided music"?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If the behavior continues I’d be all for having to scan a ticket or student ID to enter campus on game day.
Let's not overreact, in the height of the Dak days, there'd be several thousand fans hang out in the junction during the game and watch it on TV. The stadium was full too. There were very few problems.

The measures put in place are sensible. It's a shame some folks can't live without regulation, that we're at that point in society.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It was the mj toke smoke that did it…….
It really does smell awful and fair or not, in most people's mind, it changes the perception of the event from normal partying to something else. Combine that with loud explicit music and you pretty quickly make it an environment that a good number of paying fans are not going to like.

I certainly can't stand it. I know plenty of people that smoke or take edibles and I have no problem with it, but when I smell it in public, it immediately makes the area seem ten times trashier to me. Of course usually the people smoking in public are trashy, so that's probably a big part of it.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Shut down the borders!!!
GIF by Mashable

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It really does smell awful and fair or not, in most people's mind, it changes the perception of the event from normal partying to something else. Combine that with loud explicit music and you pretty quickly make it an environment that a good number of paying fans are not going to like.

I certainly can't stand it. I know plenty of people that smoke or take edibles and I have no problem with it, but when I smell it in public, it immediately makes the area seem ten times trashier to me. Of course usually the people smoking in public are trashy, so that's probably a big part of it.
I'm not a prude about weed. I'm all for it in the privacy of your own home.

Doing it in public? Doing it while driving? Now your rights are infringing on my rights.

Queue the wHAt ABout ALcoHol?!???!11 posts.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
It really does smell awful

I certainly can't stand it.

I'm no Puritan, either & know many friends & family who partake in a variety of ways. I myself occasionally dabbled many moons ago.

But, weed smells like an old Craftsman lawnmower, that leaks oil, ran over dog ****, a dead skunk, & it was stored in a hot shed all summer long without emptying the bag. Then someone emptied the bag onto a campfire.

Heineken also tastes like weed smells.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
When I was in school (late 60's early 70's) we had some concerts at the "cow barn" that there was absolutely no need to bring your own weed. All you had to do was breath.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
If the behavior continues I’d be all for having to scan a ticket or student ID to enter campus on game day.
WTF ??
Seriously??
I know several people that come to tailgate and don’t have a ticket but may purchase one prior to the game or decide not to and sit out at their tailgate and watch on TV.
Nothing at all wrong about coming onto campus to enjoy the Gameday experience and have a good time without being an idiot or thug and 17-ing it up for everyone else.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login