New Gameday Regulations after Arrests

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
  • No non-MSU-provided amplified music will be allowed in the Junction. TVs and radios will be allowed, but large speakers or elevated speakers will NOT be allowed.
I love this new rule. The frats have had huge speakers and really loud music for too long now. I like music too don't get me wrong, some people take it too damn far though.
Again, nothing wrong with having a couple of Bluetooth speakers going at your tailgate but the huge speakers blaring very loud music in ridiculous.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
WTF ??
Seriously??
I know several people that come to tailgate and don’t have a ticket but may purchase one prior to the game or decide not to and sit out at their tailgate and watch on TV.
Nothing at all wrong about coming onto campus to enjoy the Gameday experience and have a good time without being an idiot or thug and 17-ing it up for everyone else.
It's headed that direction, I bet. I wouldn't hate it. I already have to show my parking pass five different times to get to my parking lot.

Maybe the university can issue day passes for folks without tickets, so they know who's on campus.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Now that I have read this, I can't un-read it. It's like the world has opened up and given me a newer, deeper level of understanding about life.

throw have it GIF by Freek Vonk
Next time you try one you won't have to think of this post. You'll have forgotten by then. I can assure you'll remember it though on that first taste.

Reactions: Drebin

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Well...the pussification of America is finally complete. Nothing will bring your freshman son or daughter into the realm of adulthood like being exposed to a tailgate fight or a bar brawl. The world just works differently in those situations, and you either do or do not have what it takes to navigate those challenges. But by all means, let's ban loud music so your precious can remain in his/her bubble.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
There is a video on Facebook of the fight. I can’t post bc I’m not on Facebook. It isn’t your normal fight between 2 dudes or a small group. It’s a mob.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
WTF ??
Seriously??
I know several people that come to tailgate and don’t have a ticket but may purchase one prior to the game or decide not to and sit out at their tailgate and watch on TV.
Nothing at all wrong about coming onto campus to enjoy the Gameday experience and have a good time without being an idiot or thug and 17-ing it up for everyone else.
They did that at Talladega for the races in 2005. This was obviously before the electronic ticket days, and our tickets were at will call window. Would not let us into campground without presenting tickets. Luckily the ticket office was still open.

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
There is a video on Facebook of the fight. I can’t post bc I’m not on Facebook. It isn’t your normal fight between 2 dudes or a small group. It’s a mob.
can you link us the fight video? i want to see this!

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
When I was in school (late 60's early 70's) we had some concerts at the "cow barn" that there was absolutely no need to bring your own weed. All you had to do was breath.
I saw Z Z Top in the cow barn back in the day. Pretty awesome.

Rezdog

Oct 25, 2015
Well...the pussification of America is finally complete. Nothing will bring your freshman son or daughter into the realm of adulthood like being exposed to a tailgate fight or a bar brawl. The world just works differently in those situations, and you either do or do not have what it takes to navigate those challenges. But by all means, let's ban loud music so your precious can remain in his/her bubble.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. There's a lot more to it than loud music and weed smoking. Allowing other people rights should not infringe on everyone else's rights.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
It really does smell awful and fair or not, in most people's mind, it changes the perception of the event from normal partying to something else. Combine that with loud explicit music and you pretty quickly make it an environment that a good number of paying fans are not going to like.

I certainly can't stand it. I know plenty of people that smoke or take edibles and I have no problem with it, but when I smell it in public, it immediately makes the area seem ten times trashier to me. Of course usually the people smoking in public are trashy, so that's probably a big part of it.
I used to be a journeyman steel tier, rod buster lol, those guys smoked weed more than cigarettes & every one of them had their drivers license revoked. I was tge only non-drug user on my work crews anywhere I worked and everyone always wanted to ride w/me. I wouldn’t allow them to bring that stuff in my car. I’d shake ‘em down before they got in. I told them they had to smoke it up before they could ride w/me. Didn’t want them accidentally leaving that stuff in my car, me possibly getting pulled over for something, a cop finding it, and me having to explain how it wasn’t mine and I never touched the stuff in my life.

It smells like wet dog and every time I smell it, it gives me a migraine headache. I stay away from it at all cost. Nasty stuff.

Reactions: Dawg84
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login