New HC Poll

If they could start tomorrow, who would you take for HC at State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Helton and Holgo shouldn’t be anywhere near our list. I can definitely be talked into Herman. Has never finished below .500 in his conference at any stop. Won big at Houston, did OK at Texas.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Ight, who is your "realistic" list, Saban, Urban, and Pete Carroll?*
I mean, come on. Like that’s the only choice. Like your list or what, Bill Bellichik? There’s lots of good coaches out there. Smart ones. Innovative ones. Tough ones. Established ones and young coordinators on the come up. Go find them. Go get the best you can get. Be smart. Selmon, that is your job.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
I think we ought to give Jedd Fisch a hard look. He's done a really good job at Arizona. He's also an offensive guy and has used the transfer portal really effectively, and I think we need both of those qualities in our head coach to be successful. And per Wikipedia, he only makes $2.6M.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We’ll see, but it even so it would be the first time in his career, and they’re currently 3-2. They lost 3 nonconference games (Clemson, Illinois, Ohio).
Clemson I will give Illinois is meh. I know talent difference between group of 5. Thar loss today was bad though. I like Herman I just think he is struggling getting back in to it. Texas does weird things to coaches. Strong was a good coach before Texas and he sucked at usf. Don't want to bite too early on Herman. I would like to see him finish strong against his remaining opponents

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Ight, who is your "realistic" list, Saban, Urban, and Pete Carroll?*
Well if its a current HC I’d go with Chadwell or at least kick the tires on either of the Kansas guys (Klieman / Leipold). For coordinators to promote - I’d look at Lebby, Garrett Riley, or Kendal Briles.

Honestly, would probably rather go the coordinator route. We need our money for players….not coaches. And paying a proven HC $7-$8 million is just not likely to be a formula that works for MSU. I’m totally fine being a stepping stone / revolving door program for promising young coaches to continuously come in and cut their teeth for $3-$3.5 million per year, and just replace them when they go….so long as we focus on bringing in talent.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login