New helmet confirmed…

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
I got excited for a second when they started with Foreigner. Thought we might get a video aimed at us old folks. Alas, 'twas not to be.

Very cool helmet, though.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I like the movement towards "STATE". Is this the same label used sometimes on our baseball jersey's? I would kinda like going with the "M-STATE" without the "M".

Reactions: Double Dawg

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
harry orgasm GIF

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
That is my favorite baseball jersey front we wear why not go all the way and have pinstripes too?

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I mean EZ E has been around since the '80's. How old we talking?
Well, he did tell you the opening was from Foreigner and that one was in 1977 which would have been in my wheel house as well.

I had no clue who EZ E was and still can't tell you a thing about him other that what I just read in Wiki. Rap is not my thing, I don't hate it, its just not for me. I do love the helmets.

Reactions: AROB44

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I like the movement towards "STATE". Is this the same label used sometimes on our baseball jersey's? I would kinda like going with the "M-STATE" without the "M".
I like State as well. It has history from the fight song to grindin for my State to this is our State to Hail State.
I’m curious if any other relevant programs use State? FSU is FSU Michigan State is MSU unfortunately , not sure about Oregon State. Other SEC fans refer to us as State so I think tying that branding to us on a more national level would be a great thing.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I've always liked the script State. If it could somehow be combined with a subtle outline of the state of Mississippi, it could be our primary logo.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Well, he did tell you the opening was from Foreigner and that one was in 1977 which would have been in my wheel house as well.

I had no clue who EZ E was and still can't tell you a thing about him other that what I just read in Wiki. Rap is not my thing, I don't hate it, its just not for me. I do love the helmets.
As a child of the 70's/80's my musical tastes run from Waylon to Whitesnake to RUN DMC to Violent Femmes but I've always had a weakness for a heavy bass note and rap used to be the only way to get that. Once you've invested more of your net worth into your car stereo than your car you have to have the Straight Otta Compton CD, or so I thought.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I like State as well. It has history from the fight song to grindin for my State to this is our State to Hail State.
I’m curious if any other relevant programs use State? FSU is FSU Michigan State is MSU unfortunately , not sure about Oregon State. Other SEC fans refer to us as State so I think tying that branding to us on a more national level would be a great thing.
Agreed. I think we are unique in the "STATE" thing. Lived in Memphis and all my Memphis and UT fans called us STATE. So did my LSU friends when I lived in Nawlins. It is a regional thing though because I've been out here in Fort Worth for 18 years and never here it even with Dak's populartity, A&M to the SEC and soon to be Texas. If I were an announcer, I'd prefer saying "STATE" than all those extra syllables. If the TV announcers would start using it, maybe it would stick which I think would be a pretty cool and unique brand.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Normally I react with horror to any white helmet. Too many life altering scars from our white helmet use in the 1960’s. I still get nightmares. However, I really have a thing about liking or not liking helmets from all teams and I must say that this is a GREAT looking helmet and I think that it looks much better as a white helmet than it would if the colors were reversed. I can’t believe that I just said that…..

Sep 7, 2007
NC State folks refer to themselves as State.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I like the Scripting STATE but not white helmets. They've just always seem to appear weak to me. For those whove played and or coached, are they less visible to the opponent during day games?

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I like the Scripting STATE but not white helmets. They've just always seem to appear weak to me. For those whove played and or coached, are they less visible to the opponent during day games?
They also used the “This is our State” moniker a few years back.
Not sure if they still do or not.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I wonder if we will be able to purchase one of these. I have an old 2007 Croom banner M-State white helmet in the mancave and would love to upgrade that display with this one.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Dig it. What's the history of the "S" being a reversed treble clef?

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
Doesnt Michigan State use "State" quite often?

Reactions: patdog

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
As a child of the 70's/80's my musical tastes run from Waylon to Whitesnake to RUN DMC to Violent Femmes but I've always had a weakness for a heavy bass note and rap used to be the only way to get that. Once you've invested more of your net worth into your car stereo than your car you have to have the Straight Otta Compton CD, or so I thought.
You gotta throw in the 60's for me. I go back to the Momma's and the Papa's. I guess I am a tad bit older or at least my older siblings had some influences. I never understood the bass thumping so hard so hard you got a headache. It even made chest hurt. I tried ear plugs but it still rattled so much it gave me chest pains. I just got out and found another way home until I got my own ride.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login