New "premium" Beaver Stadium seating options for tOSU and UDubs

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
New North Loge seating appears to be under the north upper deck behind the last row of the lower bowl. With this wonderful package comes a "preferred" (not reserved) parking space and an attendant for food and beverage service in your seats.

All for the low, low price of $2,400. (Must buy 4 @ $600/each).

I wish these money grabs shocked me, but they don't anymore. Sigh.

helixville

Oct 12, 2021
New North Loge seating appears to be under the north upper deck behind the last row of the lower bowl. With this wonderful package comes a "preferred" (not reserved) parking space and an attendant for food and beverage service in your seats.

How about "preferred" restroom access? Or your own personal Port-a-John?

Reactions: step.eng69

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021

But, but, but, you get a table and intimacy…….

baltimorened

Oct 19, 2021
well, compa

well, comparatively shopping, for just a few hundred more you can pay the seat fees for 2 in the club section for all games for the year. You'd get a reserved parking space, access to food stations, warmth in winter, AC during the hot days, inside plumbing....
but, to each their own

Reactions: nittanymoops

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Wake me up when they offer tables and intimacy in the restrooms.
Angry Oh No GIF by CBC

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
well, compa

well, comparatively shopping, for just a few hundred more you can pay the seat fees for 2 in the club section for all games for the year. You'd get a reserved parking space, access to food stations, warmth in winter, AC during the hot days, inside plumbing....
but, to each their own
When they first opened the club section myself and two of my golfing buddies were the first ones to use the restrooms. We got in early just for that. .

Yup-that's how exciting my life is. Just try to top that.

NoSoup4U

Oct 14, 2021

behind the last row of the lower bowl in the north endzone?? couldn't get any worse of a sightline of the action on the field...they better have mounted TV's there because you can't see any of the scoreboard vid screen if you cant see that far.... but alas paying to watch on TV anyway but.. but ...its in venue :rolleyes: o_O

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
well, compa

but, to each their own
Thank you, Ned, for discerning the whole point: arguably the worst seats in the stadium, with a non-reserved parking pass. I'm sure there are actual club seats on the secondary market at similar or lower prices as well. Four people should have no problem finding tickets for these games at a $1200 price point. That means the other $1200 is for a non reserved parking pass and someone to get you food and drink.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021

They used to actually have sets of bleachers in that location that could be used by event staff when they were not working any more during the game. I believe the parking attendants once done could come into the game and sit on those bleachers. They were never full and when we had season tix that were at the very top of the North End zone we would come down and sit in those bleachers sometimes. I hope for the price of loge seating that would put in La-Z-Boys(heated), and have a TV right there as well for you.

LBUfanatic

Nov 1, 2021

Just curious where you found this information? Link? I don’t see it on the PSU website and I didn’t receive anything as an NLC member.

Taycro

Jul 21, 2022
An attendant for food and beverage service actually might make this worth it alone if you have the $$$ to shell out. The concession lines are ridiculously long

LBUfanatic

Nov 1, 2021
PSU Athletics email around noon.
Thanks.

I guess I don’t see this as a money grab. Certainly the OSU game will be a major event and especially so if we are undefeated going into that game. They are trying to maximize revenues and may be able to capitalize on that open space. My seats are in NH ten rows below the concourse and my sight lines are actually really good. I’ve stood on the concourse many times during games and the sight lines aren’t horrible. Given that they are wanting to build life boxes into the final west side rebuild, this might actually be a smart idea to test the market. Also, if you have to buy tix for that game on the secondary market, you are likely paying g $400 at a minimum for any seat in the lower bowl.

• Love
Reactions: lionlover

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Thanks.

I guess I don’t see this as a money grab. Certainly the OSU game will be a major event and especially so if we are undefeated going into that game. They are trying to maximize revenues and may be able to capitalize on that open space. My seats are in NH ten rows below the concourse and my sight lines are actually really good. I’ve stood on the concourse many times during games and the sight lines aren’t horrible. Given that they are wanting to build life boxes into the final west side rebuild, this might actually be a smart idea to test the market. Also, if you have to buy tix for that game on the secondary market, you are likely paying g $400 at a minimum for any seat in the lower bowl.
There are currently a lot better seats at lower price points for UDubs. I didn't look at OSU but it's probably similar price points.Still, $300 for those seats is ... (pick your adjective).

LBUfanatic

Nov 1, 2021
There are currently a lot better seats at lower price points for UDubs. I didn't look at OSU but it's probably similar price points.Still, $300 for those seats is ... (pick your adjective).
Yeah, I certainly wouldn’t pay it, but if there is a market for it, why shouldn’t they do it? It’s not like it’s hurting you.

• Love
Reactions: lionlover

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
They used to actually have sets of bleachers in that location that could be used by event staff when they were not working any more during the game. I believe the parking attendants once done could come into the game and sit on those bleachers. They were never full and when we had season tix that were at the very top of the North End zone we would come down and sit in those bleachers sometimes. I hope for the price of loge seating that would put in La-Z-Boys(heated), and have a TV right there as well for you.
In 1997, they accidently oversold the student section. For the biggest games (Pitt, OSU, and Michigan), the latest arriving of the students ended up in them...as you can imagine, they were less than thrilled.

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
In 1997, they accidently oversold the student section. For the biggest games (Pitt, OSU, and Michigan), the latest arriving of the students ended up in them...as you can imagine, they were less than thrilled.
As someone with tickets in EBU (half students, half not), I have a feeling they oversell the student section every year. For the big, good weather games, it's a zoo. I've inquired and it's denied. An argument could be made that the contractor directing students to their seats isn't cramming enough of them in, but typically they are spilling into the aisles and walkways. But it's money and given PSU's history and insatiable appetite for it, and their nine figure deficit...

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
As someone with tickets in EBU (half students, half not), I have a feeling they oversell the student section every year. For the big, good weather games, it's a zoo. I've inquired and it's denied. An argument could be made that the contractor directing students to their seats isn't cramming enough of them in, but typically they are spilling into the aisles and walkways. But it's money and given PSU's history and insatiable appetite for it, and their nine figure deficit...
They don't "oversell" it...they only sell as many seats as are available (except for that year and Bud & company made a mistake). However, they will comp seats in it for the ROTC color guard, the "2nd string" cheerleaders/dance that didn't make a cut for a game, and non-football recruits and their student-athlete hosts. But that easily is neutralized by the no-shows every game (even the biggest of games will still have a few hundred).

It really comes down to the students not having assigned seats. They can try cramming them in as much as they want, but every little gap, every time a group runs to the bathroom/get food and comes back and just takes new seats, etc, you lose seats here and there. Without assigned seats, no one is ever going to sit as tightly packed as you need to so that you fill in the entire section. So since you can't properly match the latest arriving students with those seats available here and there, they spill into the aisles and public sections.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021

Sell 300,000 of those packages and we're well on the way to pay for the improvements.
It's all relative...intimacy is having your own urinal to piss into, and not having to go in a trough.
Bring a bottle. I'm sure they sell those (with PSU logo) in the concession stands.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login