New recruiting strategy headed into the future.........

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I honestly have no clue how your lamebrain works. I really didn't say anything like that. You went wrong in the first sentence.

Good Lord some of you are just flat dumbasses. Plenty of other threads for you to goof off in and put your small mind on display.

ETA: Just curious where you got the part about me not wanting to use the portal. Point that out specifically. You're such a genius and all, and I'm so ridiculous. Show me.

Mmmmwah, I love you too, Goat.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
wait why doesn't every do this? If you are going to make them go to class, might as well put them in classes that will help them in their careers

Because academia is a complicated environment, with many in charge who have very delicate sensibilities about things that may harm their book-learnin’ optics. Granting a degree to a football player simply on the basis of being a football player is a bridge too far for quite a few old heads in that realm.

All the while, its totally fine for someone to go get a fine arts degree and make $15k a year selling paintings while trying to get work as a substitute teacher, because that’s art and that’s somehow considered a more legit craft or profession than an athlete, coach, athletic trainer, sports nutritionist, etc. Its a giant double standard.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
More simple strategy - become the first major school to turn each major sport into its own degree program. Practices, film review, and workouts / training all count as credit hours. Other hours available from curriculum such as teaching / coaching classes, officiating classes, training / nutrition classes, sports financial management, etc. No further academic classes required for any athletes that don’t want to pursue a conventional major.

Sell it to recruits as a quality of life improvement. They spend zero school time doing anything outside their sport, and they stay eligible. Its like employers who offer lower salary but better work life balance - that appeals to a lot of people. Its forward thinking and revolutionary, so it will never happen at MSU until we’re dragged kicking and screaming into it by the rest of the establishment. But its one avenue where we could compete if we were the only ones doing it.
Meh So So GIF by UFC

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Have we tried just hiring hookers for recruits?**
Hell. Keep um on retainer. Apparently that sort of thing gets swept under the rug and we're now in the Wild West anyway. Let it be a selling point. Stay at MSU 4 years. All the pu$$y you could ever want. **

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Sorry. The only man that gets to see the portal is my proctologist.

at least since prison
Well then, you and your proctologist (and Tyrell from your old days) donate a little to the BI so we can enact my strategy.

Hope you at least picked an MSU guy to ram his fingers up your portal.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
If we are going to be unique, let’s have a NIL policy where we only spend money on OL and defense. Then, it would be just like the Sherrill years basically.

Leach doesn’t need, or utilize if he has them, special offensive skill players anyway.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Well then, you and your proctologist (and Tyrell from your old days) donate a little to the BI so we can enact my strategy.

Hope you at least picked an MSU guy to ram his fingers up your portal.
No way! Ole Miss grads have daintier fingers.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login