New Weird Al Single Release…

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Not a chance, would choose listening to 2 alley cats fighting over a dead rat first. If you didn't gather, he's not a favorite of mine

Reactions: skipperDawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
But you cared enough to click into this clearly titled thread, click the 'Reply' button, and actually respond?
If I recall this is a public board open to voicing public opinions is it not? And you ONLY cared enough to Reply to me and not even the thread, hypocrite........

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If I recall this is a public board open to voicing public opinions is it not? And you ONLY cared enough to Reply to me and not even the thread, hypocrite........
val kilmer tombstone GIF

My hypocrisy knows no bounds.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
King of Suede is an all-time classic. Can’t stand the polka stuff.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
King of Suede is an all-time classic. Can’t stand the polka stuff.
“Living with a Hernia” is too. “Amish Paradise” and “Word Crimes” is pretty good.

“I’m So Handy” was basically written about my father in law.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I read this as AI. I was like "great ! What dead person are they bring back to life using AI to sing a song. "

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
He played at the Hump in 1985. My cousin was in school there at the time.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
He played at the Hump in 1985. My cousin was in school there at the time.
He did not play the Hump. He played on a stage set up where the amphitheater is now. It might have been homecoming week or something, but they used to have shows there once in a while. Our pep rallies were held there, too.

I went, since it was free. Weird Al is better one song at a time. There may have been an opening act, but my memory is not THAT good.

Reactions: eckie1

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
For AL's parody songs to work you need to recognize the song he is parodying. I don't here.
It's Billie Eilish's "bad guy". I'm an old fart and even I like most of her music.

I didn't listen to the entire Weird Al song, but I'm not sure it's a parody; the first bit sounded like just a polka cover of the song.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
It's Billie Eilish's "bad guy". I'm an old fart and even I like most of her music.

I didn't listen to the entire Weird Al song, but I'm not sure it's a parody; the first bit sounded like just a polka cover of the song.
Yeah I know her name but none of her songs.

I was mentioning to my wife last week how this Taylor Swift is the biggest star on the planet but I can't recall a single song she sings.

My Daughters are in their 30s so I don't have that link to current pop culture like I used to have. I can do you a bunch of 'Nsync and Backstreet Boys.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
“I lost on Jeopardy” and “Eat It” are some of my favs.
The original, "My Balogna", was amazing. Just Al and his accordion, recorded in a bathroom stall. "My Sharona" was such a runaway hit at the time that hearing a parody on the radio blew us all away.

I'm sure this is the equivalent of the cliché "I liked their early stuff, before they sold out" but Al peaked pretty early for me.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Thanks. I know it's a ME thing. I don't know any hits from the past few years. By having SiriusXm you can stay in your little cocoon. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

K-Tel GIF
I hear you. Only new stuff I hear is vicariously through my daughters and 99 percent of that is terrible.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login