News from Omaha.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
envy yall's enthusiasm as I've never desired to pay attention when we ain't there. Each to his own though I reckon.
I envy yall's enthusiasm as I've never desired to pay attention when we ain't there. Each to his own though I reckon.
Same here. I haven't watched the first pitch of a conference tournament, regional, super regional and don't plan on watching any CWS games either

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
envy yall's enthusiasm as I've never desired to pay attention when we ain't there. Each to his own though I reckon.

Same here. I haven't watched the first pitch of a conference tournament, regional, super regional and don't plan on watching any CWS games either
I don't care about the blue bloods or the purple bloods, but I'll probably watch the Oral Roberts games

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Those were two outstanding games to open the CWS. And this was supposed to be the less interesting side of the bracket. The other side has a chance to be unreal.
Yes, but don't they know about our stadium and our fans? We deserve to be there more!

I can say that looking in the stands tonight, I knew what many felt like roasting on the asphalt outside the stadium waiting to get in for the late game. Last year, definitely didn't watch, so this is first time to see since our visit.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
I don’t care about MLB so the CWS is my last taste of meaningful sports until Labor Day. Even if we aren’t in it, I try to enjoy it. Because there are no sports for me for a while after this.
I feel ya! I’m the same way and used to work in pro ball, but keep an open mind. It’ll serve you well soon. Lots of things aren’t as they appear. Lots and lots of things, like wherever there is lots of money…. After aliens and war, we’ll find out much more I’m thinking.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I don’t care about MLB so the CWS is my last taste of meaningful sports until Labor Day. Even if we aren’t in it, I try to enjoy it. Because there are no sports for me for a while after this.

CWS is fun to watch. Certainly not the same when we aren't there but I would much rather watch any CWS game over any random MLB game. Agree that it will be the last baseball I will watch until the MLB playoffs get here.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I couldn't watch it last year with Ole Miss there. This year I can. I'll pull for anyone except the SEC schools and especially Oral Roberts because who doesn't love Oral?
I watched it last year vehemently cheering against those pricks.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I can’t remember a week ago, let alone 3 years back but did we pursue Braden Montgomery from Madison Central?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I couldn't watch it last year with Ole Miss there. This year I can. I'll pull for anyone except the SEC schools and especially Oral Roberts because who doesn't love Oral?
My only concern though is for Roberts. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Your user name rocks. I think "FK" when I see "17" even outside The Pack. I call it PDS or Pack Derangement Syndrome.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
My only concern though is for Roberts. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Your user name rocks. I think "FK" when I see "17" even outside The Pack. I call it PDS or Pack Derangement Syndrome.
There was a bumper sticker I saw once that said 17 bama.

It probably was for claimed football championships. I couldn't help but see it as 17 bama.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login