Next two weeks will tell the tale on Leach.....

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
We have to win these two home games against mediocre SEC competition. Of course, I realize the world isn't black and white, so we at least need to look very good and COMPETE in close games.

No more excuses. We're about to see if these practice warriors can really get it done. About at the end of my rope with RaRa and Williams. We have better athletes but we keep trotting out the 2 star practice studs.

This is not Alabama or Georgia we're about to play. It's not even LSU on the road at night.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I’ll extend it to the Kentucky game, we really need at least 2 wins in the next 3.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm very interested to see how our lines hold up and I do our receivers forget how to catch again

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm very interested to see how our lines hold up and I do our receivers forget how to catch again

Our Oline will not hold, we have to game plan for that this week. Insisting and expecting players to do something that we already know they can't do is not good coaching. We must mitigate and/or mask our deficiencies, like quick releases by the QB (even if it is a throw away), roll outs, draw plays, screens, changing blocking schemes, running the ball, etc.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
A&M came out last year playing a ton of zone against us and it cost them. They won't make that mistake this year. They're going to heat up Rogers early and often. Our o line play will be the key in this game and I don't feel good about that.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We have to win these two home games against mediocre SEC competition. Of course, I realize the world isn't black and white, so we at least need to look very good and COMPETE in close games.

No more excuses. We're about to see if these practice warriors can really get it done. About at the end of my rope with RaRa and Williams. We have better athletes but we keep trotting out the 2 star practice studs.

This is not Alabama or Georgia we're about to play. It's not even LSU on the road at night.

Ra Ra has too much potential to leave on the sideline. I am just about done with Williams as well and it's puzzling.

I did want to mention that you have not seen Leach let someone make a game changing mistake again. Different people are trying FGs and punt return. I also heard that Coach had something to say about the second team and that he might have to make changes there as well. Looks like he has even less patience than most of the people on this board.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I'm concerned about our defense. We seem to have lulls where teams with mediocre offense can score on us. We are not getting pressure on QBs. The teams coming up will pick us apart if their QBs can take their time in the pocket.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm concerned about our defense. We seem to have lulls where teams with mediocre offense can score on us. We are not getting pressure on QBs. The teams coming up will pick us apart if their QBs can take their time in the pocket.

Not getting pressure on the QB is very concerning, but going into this past saturday, i read somewhere that UGA had a few sacks in the conf.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
“I also heard that Coach had something to say about the second team and that he might have to make changes there as well.”

Heard this a couple of times, anyone with some detail of when/where/what?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We match up better with Ark, IMO.

I don’t expect us to score many points on A&M. We can light Ark up though.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012

I generally agree but also think we can win an ugly game with A&M. They are last in the league in scoring offense and total offense.

21-24 points may be all you need to win on Saturday.

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019
Ls-who showed everyone how to play us. The line won't hold and our qb gets too nervous to find the hot receiver

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021

I’m the opposite. I don’t think we will stop Jefferson due to our lack of speed on defense.

I think we handle A&M fairly well.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Ls-who showed everyone how to play us. The line won't hold and our qb gets too nervous to find the hot receiver

LSU is equal or better than A&M at almost every position except Achane. DJ Durkin gave State plenty of opportunities in Starkville last year, hopefully that will happen again and Rogers and Co. will take advantage this time.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
We always seem to be saying stuff like this, but the truth is we've kinda already seen enough. Why keep giving mulligans? There have been plenty of other bed shittings that have already told the tale. Expecting anything differently now is the definition of insanity.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
We always seem to be saying stuff like this, but the truth is we've kinda already seen enough. Why keep giving mulligans? There have been plenty of other bed shittings that have already told the tale. Expecting anything differently now is the definition of insanity.
Come on Drebin. This is not mid-2005 Croom or mid-2019 Moorhead. It’s not even close. I might expect the 20-30 year old crowd to say that type of stuff but not the older folks. Leach is much closer to Sherrill/Mullen results than the other two.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Next 3 games. He struggles and every fence rider is done with him. He needs to win two of those and two are at home.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
LSU’s rushing D is 42nd, they’re 28th in sacks, and 62nd in TFLs. In all seriousness, what tells you that their D line is elite other than recruiting stars and our performance?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Come on Drebin. This is not mid-2005 Croom or mid-2019 Moorhead. It’s not even close. I might expect the 20-30 year old crowd to say that type of stuff but not the older folks. Leach is much closer to Sherrill/Mullen results than the other two.

Get back to me next Saturday night. I'd love to be wrong but I've seen this movie way too many times. And it's happened more than once under Leach, too, and I was responding to a comment about judging Leach, so bringing up other coaches is just a red herring. I don't need to see what the next two weeks have in store. I saw the Arkansas and Ole Miss games last year. I saw the Memphis game last year. I saw the Liberty Bowl. I saw the LSU game. I've seen enough.

We will probably win one of these games just to give all you ignorers of history just enough hope so the incoming bed shitting against auburn hurts even more.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I’m the opposite. I don’t think we will stop Jefferson due to our lack of speed on defense.

I think we handle A&M fairly well.

Jefferson isn't speedy. He trucks people. If Arkansas has a big day offensively it won't be because a lack of speed. It will be because we weren't physical enough or didn't tackle well.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Get back to me next Saturday night. I'd love to be wrong but I've seen this movie way too many times. And it's happened more than once under Leach, too, and I was responding to a comment about judging Leach, so bringing up other coaches is just a red herring. I don't need to see what the next two weeks have in store. I saw the Arkansas and Ole Miss games last year. I saw the Memphis game last year. I saw the Liberty Bowl. I saw the LSU game. I've seen enough.

We will probably win one of these games just to give all you ignorers of history just enough hope so the incoming bed shitting against auburn hurts even more.
Other coaches matter, because that’s who you judge Leach against.

We aren’t losing to Auburn. Thats not even possible.

I’m not ignoring anything. That’s like saying I know you are but what am I. I’m honestly not sure what you are doing here, except relying on your own judgment and bias, which has been wrong plenty of times (we all have).

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Other coaches matter, because that’s who you judge Leach against.

We aren’t losing to Auburn. Thats not even possible.

I bet you said that before the Memphis game last year too. Leach can lose to anyone and you know that. He's well known for it. He's made a career out of pulling off huge upsets and then shitting the bed against bad teams. This is why it's stupid to bring up other coaches because this one has a track record of this that spans over two decades and three different coaching tenures. You know what the definition of insanity is, right?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I bet you said that before the Memphis game last year too. Leach can lose to anyone and you know that. He's well known for it. He's made a career out of pulling off huge upsets and then shitting the bed against bad teams. This is why it's stupid to bring up other coaches because this one has a track record of this that spans over two decades and three different coaching tenures. You know what the definition of insanity is, right?
Sherrill would often pull upsets and lose to inferior teams as well.

And Auburn has a lame duck and is at home.

Keep going.

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

Sherrill hasn't coached a game in almost 20 years. This program is completely different than the one Sherrill resurrected and then ran into the ground. The expectations are different. Try to stay in this century.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Sherrill hasn't coached a game in almost 20 years. This program is completely different than the one Sherrill resurrected and then ran into the ground. The expectations are different. Try to stay in this century.
Doesn’t really matter. And if you’re expectations are higher than Sherrill/Mullen, then you’ll just be disappointed.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

And Auburn has a lame duck and is at home.

Keep going.

I'm sorry. This is a really stupid post you made but I fat fingered an upvote. I regret the error.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Doesn’t really matter. And if you’re expectations are higher than Sherrill/Mullen, then you’ll just be disappointed.

As will you over the next few weeks when you are told the tale that most of us already know.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
A&M came out last year playing a ton of zone against us and it cost them. They won't make that mistake this year. They're going to heat up Rogers early and often. Our o line play will be the key in this game and I don't feel good about that.

New DC for a/m

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
You mean TAMU doesn't have the athletes lsu has when they have high recruiting rankings and recruit the same areas?
No…..they don’t.

In the next few years, they might, because they went and got DL from outside of Texas, starting with this 2022 class.

I’ll be here Saturday night ready for Drebin’s disappearing act once we whip that Aggie ***.

BuT iTs GoAt!!!111

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login