NFL 10/17-10/21/24 (other than the Iggles)

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
that could be. I don't know those degree of details
I found this comment...

Perhaps the only way that the Browns could move on from Watson is if they can somehow void his contract now that there is a new sexual assault accusation against the quarterback.

While Watson’s contract included a clause that protected him in the event of a suspension during the 2022-23 season, he isn’t protected if he’s suspended going forward. If Watson is suspended again, Cleveland could potentially reclaim his guaranteed money.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I found this comment...

Perhaps the only way that the Browns could move on from Watson is if they can somehow void his contract now that there is a new sexual assault accusation against the quarterback.

While Watson’s contract included a clause that protected him in the event of a suspension during the 2022-23 season, he isn’t protected if he’s suspended going forward. If Watson is suspended again, Cleveland could potentially reclaim his guaranteed money.

Actually, a better article with more details...

Even more threatening to Watson than an NFL suspension is the prospect of the Browns trying to void his contract. Sports Illustrated reported it had obtained a copy of the contract, which contains several terms that, as worded, provide the Browns with textual grounds to attempt to void the deal. Those terms include if the NFL suspends Watson for conduct detrimental, if his conduct reflects poorly on the Browns, or if he concealed conduct from the Browns that could bring criminal charges.

Reactions: BobPSU92

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Nope...the Browns fully guaranteed the rest of the $ in his contract to free up more $ in the short term. So basically, as long as Watson wants to get paid, he shows up (barring a catastrophic injury...while the achilles is "just" a really bad injury).

The browns being the browns.

Reactions: LB99

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Halftime: Jest 15, Stillers 13

The Stillers were looking lost, but a pick of Rodgers followed by a Pickens TD late in the half, and now we have a game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login