NFL cut down day

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Jags cut Laquon Treadwell. Oh wait, you said big names.............

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Not a cut but the Saints just traded Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to the Eagles. Good player, apparently he was about to leave in free agency anyway though and the Saints wanted some return value.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Not a cut but the Saints just traded Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to the Eagles. Good player, apparently he was about to leave in free agency anyway though and the Saints wanted some return value.

Dammit I hate to hear that, he's the epitome of a guy you love who is on your team but hate when he's on another. Going to the eagles, boy will that be easy.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Makai Polk cut by the Ravens. Jerrion Ealy cut by Chiefs. Gerri Green cut by Raiders. Shaq Calhoun cut by Commanders. Kobe Jones cut by Packers.

Last edited:

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Some of these borderline guys need a responsible adult in the room. All the big schools have tutoring centers, staff to serve athletes, etc. Getting a degree, a credential to join the middle and upper classes, with exceptions, would serve them well. But, would they listen?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Some of these borderline guys need a responsible adult in the room. All the big schools have tutoring centers, staff to serve athletes, etc. Getting a degree, a credential to join the middle and upper classes, with exceptions, would serve them well. But, would they listen?
I wonder what they make by just participating in camp and getting to this point.

I know if you make a practice squad - the salary is around 200K at the lowest level if you stay the whole season.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
But seriously

Getting a degree, a credential to join the middle and upper classes, with exceptions, would serve them well.
How many athletes get a degree that allow them to do this? I hope they are getting a degree that is desirable in the workplace, but that was not my observation of most athletes when at State.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login