NFL HAS TO ….

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
do something about these BS roughing the passer calls.
This is absolutely ridiculous the calls that are being made- game changing calls for tackling!!

Reactions: Dogpatrol

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
They need to just go ahead and institute a rule that once the QB is touched by any defensive player he is considered down and the play is dead. Not sarcasm!

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
It’s the only penalty where refs are instructed to call it if they suspect it occurred. All other fouls must be observed.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
The ironic thing is that a defensive player can horsecollar a qb as long as he's in the pocket. It happened yesterday with Burrow against the Ravens. That would seem to have the potential for greater injury than some of these "hits" that some of the qbs are taking.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I wouldn’t be shocked if that becomes a reviewable penalty soon. NFL has done a great job of instituting a quick replay system without slowing the game down. See no reason why this can’t be done in the same manner.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
If the QB's helmet gets hit, it is an automatic personal foul penalty. I get trying to protect the QBs. There aren't very many good NFL QBs and when a few of the really good ones get injured, the game worsens and viewership drops considerably. But I agree with the OP, that some of these calls are ridiculous.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Quarterbacks are the moneymakers for the NFL. They are the faces of the league and the NFL doesn’t want to see them getting hurt. Therefore, they get special protection that other players don’t get.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Not happening. They have made an intentional effort to do the exact opposite of what you're talking about.

It's just going to be the way the game is played now.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
No intent to hijack but it is ridiculous how long it took the NFL to do this "expedited" review. I have not watched games religiously this season, but it has really stood out in the playoffs to immediately correct plays on the field without the delay. Can't understand why they fought it all those years.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login