NFL Sunday Ticket going to a streaming service

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Per Roger Goodell. This fall.

I pity all you suckas stuck with a contract with DirecTV.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
It’s still going to be with DirecTV this season, this just confirms it will be the last. Also don’t expect a price drop, the NFL has language in its contracts with Fox and CBS that will keep the price roughly the same to protect the networks.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I'd love to hear the honest story one day about how/why ATT absolutely drove DirectTV into the ground. Up until that acquisition, I was a long time subscriber, and I'd have recommended them to anyone. Within weeks of ATT taking over, they went from being ultra customer friendly to not giving two ***** about retaining anyone, and the entire business just imploded. Even their eventual streaming service has been a mess compared to virtually every other option

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Its on Directv again and I already got the email that I’m getting it free of charge sucka.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I have a feeling the 2022 "no extra charge" TV package will be much more $$$ than just the NFL Sunday Ticket streaming service. The dream will be having ESPN or SEC Network do a streaming service and then just get those two services.

2023 will be streaming only so make sure you have an Apple TV/Roku/Fire Stick/Google TV dongle.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I already have all that but I probably will just bootleg stream like I did in the past.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
It’s still going to be with DirecTV this season, this just confirms it will be the last. Also don’t expect a price drop, the NFL has language in its contracts with Fox and CBS that will keep the price roughly the same to protect the networks.

The local games are “blackout” on Sunday ticket, so why would fox and cbs care what the price of Sunday ticket is?

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I'd love to hear the honest story one day about how/why ATT absolutely drove DirectTV into the ground. Up until that acquisition, I was a long time subscriber, and I'd have recommended them to anyone. Within weeks of ATT taking over, they went from being ultra customer friendly to not giving two ***** about retaining anyone, and the entire business just imploded. Even their eventual streaming service has been a mess compared to virtually every other option

I've called customer retention the last 6 or so years and have gotten the following:
Anywhere from 50-70 dollars off my bill per month
Free Showtime
Free HBO
Free Sunday Ticket the past two years

I have been with them about 25 years or so.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
As the article notes, they want you watching the local game. This minimizes the chances that the thousands of Californians that are now in Laurel will watch the Niners instead of the local Saints game. Or that Saints fans will turn off the local game for a Sunday Ticket Game bc the Saints suck after totally mismanaging their QB situation.

Just some examples.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
As the article notes, they want you watching the local game. This minimizes the chances that the thousands of Californians that are now in Laurel will watch the Niners instead of the local Saints game. Or that Saints fans will turn off the local game for a Sunday Ticket Game bc the Saints suck after totally mismanaging their QB situation.

Just some examples.

Saints will win their division this year, bank it.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
For Directv customers. If you look at channel 700-1 in the guide. See if it says NFL Sunday Ticket Authorization Confirmation and then select the channel. If it says you are all set to enjoy Sunday Ticket you may be getting free Sunday Ticket this season. I got it free last season but got an email saying I would get it free. This year I haven't gotten an email or maybe deleted it before reading the email saying I would be getting it free. I will check my bill right before the season starts to make sure AT&T isn't going the charge me for it. I definitely haven't signed up for it.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I would think it ends up with apple or prime. But YouTube tv would get a lot people jumping from Hulu for that

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login