NFL trade deadline coming up

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Does Dallas or the Saints make any trades? Dallas sure could use another WR. Also Montez Sweat is a prime candidate to be traded.

Reactions: Motodawg

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
They could go after Adam Thielen since the Panthers are going nowhere and he would be an upgrade from Gallup.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
It would make sense for Sweat to move. There’s some ATL buzz there. Also wonder if Minn makes a move with Cousins likely done for the season. I could see Tyrod Taylor or Andy Dalton being targeted (although TT got hurt today).

Maybe Thielen? I guess DHop will hang around Nashville after today.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
In what is a cruel coincidence, Kirk Cousins was brought up as a a potential trade target for the Jets….as he’ll be a free agent next year. Then he goes out on Sunday and ruptures his Achilles just like Rogers did.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Somewhat unlikely but there has been a little speculation about Arizona trading Kyler Murray and going all in on the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Somewhat unlikely but there has been a little speculation about Arizona trading Kyler Murray and going all in on the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.
Yeah, that’s not happening….unless AZ agrees to take a ton of his current deal in dead cap (which would make zero sense). Murray is a $50 million cap hit on average for the next 3 years.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I
Yeah, that’s not happening….unless AZ agrees to take a ton of his current deal in dead cap (which would make zero sense). Murray is a $50 million cap hit on average for the next 3 years.
I'm no expert on NFL contract rules, but looks like he has $81M in dead cap over 4 years, down to $30M after 2024. I could definitely see them eating that latter one.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'm no expert on NFL contract rules, but looks like he has $81M in dead cap over 4 years, down to $30M after 2024. I could definitely see them eating that latter one.
The Cardinals would take a $46 million dead cap hit next year if they traded him any time this league fiscal year. That’s massive. They’d also have to find a suitor that was willing to pick up $50 million per year on the cap for 3 years on Murray. And all that just to get rid of one Lincoln Riley groomed #1 overall pick to get another Lincoln Riley groomed #1 pick. It’s just not all that likely to happen.

Attachments

• IMG_5326.jpeg
    IMG_5326.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 2

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If the Bucs are sellers, Mike Evans to Dallas would be interesting.
I doubt they are sellers, they are only half a game out of 1st place in a bad division, but that would be an awesome move for Dak.

Michael Pittman is an intriguing one to me. Free agent next year. Colts are dead in the water and their QB is done for the season. I could see that being a great pick up for somebody.

Tee Higgins and Diontae Johnson are others that could make sense, although Johnson’s had health concerns this season. And I still would love to see them go after Kupp, too, but Dallas would likely have to restructure his deal and eat some 2024 cap from the Rams to make it happen.

All that said, I expect Jerry to make the move he always makes - do nothing when he’s just a player away from potentially locking up a lengthy postseason run.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
In what is a cruel coincidence, Kirk Cousins was brought up as a a potential trade target for the Jets….as he’ll be a free agent next year. Then he goes out on Sunday and ruptures his Achilles just like Rogers did.
He had to play in Rogers's shadow all this time. Why should it be any different? He is the most snake-bit quarterback I ever seen... a great player.

ETA – imagine the stupidest trade ever in the history of football, and Jerry Jones will do it before Tuesday.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The Cardinals would take a $46 million dead cap hit next year if they traded him any time this league fiscal year. That’s massive. They’d also have to find a suitor that was willing to pick up $50 million per year on the cap for 3 years on Murray. And all that just to get rid of one Lincoln Riley groomed #1 overall pick to get another Lincoln Riley groomed #1 pick. It’s just not all that likely to happen.
To be clear, I don't think they trade him, at least this year. But I can definitely see them drafting a QB and letting him begin 2024 behind Murray, then cutting Murray after the 2024 season (or trading him mid season if it works out that way).

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Dak needs three things. A RB that can make a difference. Another WR that can make a difference. And a TE that makes a difference. Take Kelce away from Mahommes and Kittle away from Purdy and see what they look like.

He needs that big security blanket down the middle. Their young dude looks promising though.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Dak needs three things. A RB that can make a difference. Another WR that can make a difference. And a TE that makes a difference. Take Kelce away from Mahommes and Kittle away from Purdy and see what they look like.

He needs that big security blanket down the middle. Their young dude looks promising though.
I think Pollard does most of what can be done given the crappy OL. Barry Sanders would struggle for yards with these holes. A bruiser may have some value for short yardage situations, but it doesn't move the needle much.

They definitely need a WR.

I like what they have for TEs. A Kelce type would improve the offense, but is one available.

What they need is a couple backup-quality OL. There backups are crappy by backup standards, and the starters are all gimpy.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I agree I've been saying this for a long time. Every successful quarterback has a great tight end to bail him out and act as a security blanket. I know one thing I would not want to be a quarterback in the NFL. Several guys went down with injuries yesterday, and we already had some quarterbacks on IR.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I would look for Andy Dalton. He's not really super flashy, but he is a very competent field general at quarterback.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login