NICK SABAN RETIRING

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Ole Miss Football GIF by Ole Miss Rebels

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Can somebody please start a new GIF thread dedicated to what backwoods bama fans are doing tonight.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
His team lost in OT to the NC. His methods were still working.
He wasn't down with having to re-recruit his team every year....he even alluded to that.

His style doesn't play long term with people getting paid and their ability to leave just see Miami tenure.

Last but not least the playing field for the blue bloods have evened out especially the Northern teams and slanted more towards large alumni/fan bases with higher than average personal income. That's not Bama.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Welcome Bama recruits!! **
Can recruits that just committed/signed and I’m not sure what’s the word I’m looking for here… “transfer”, or maybe uncommit and recommit elsewhere? Or does an ncaa commitment mean what the actual word means in that they have to play their first year at where they committed to do so. I guess I’m asking if they can they transfer before they’ve played a year or only after they’ve actually been on the team? I’m sure every one of them were lied to about if saban was going to be their coach. Seems like they could appeal whatever rules there are about commitments.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I'm sending my resume. They want someone who can use the company card at strip clubs, right?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You can expect the Rebs media parrots to have Kiffin as a top candidate, just like they did for Auburn last year. He was never getting that job and he won't get this one either....and they know that. They just want to say he chose us over Bama.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Can recruits that just committed/signed and I’m not sure what’s the word I’m looking for here… “transfer”, or maybe uncommit and recommit elsewhere? Or does an ncaa commitment mean what the actual word means in that they have to play their first year at where they committed to do so. I guess I’m asking if they can they transfer before they’ve played a year or only after they’ve actually been on the team? I’m sure every one of them were lied to about if saban was going to be their coach. Seems like they could appeal whatever rules there are about commitments.
I know they get a special 30 day transfer portal. I think whether or not they can get out of their NIL deal depends on each player's specific contract.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Wow! Did not see that coming. Zach Arnett is available. Just saying.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
It is because he doesn't have that easy path that the SEC west gave him all these years.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
It appears that they have to formally request a release from their NLI but that can’t be denied in case of a coaching change.

Please correct me if that isn’t applicable to all NCAA.

Attachments

• IMG_4376.png
    IMG_4376.png
    397.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: uptowndawg

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022

Kiffin’s best class in five years at Ole Miss is #14. Alabama’s worst class in that span is #2.

Alabama may not offer him the job, but Kiffin isn’t turning it down because of the talent in Oxford.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Some things they have going for them.
1. They are Bama.
2. They have a ton of money.
3. They have the Ninja.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Pretty sure Ms. Terry had a lot to say about this decision. She has sacrificed herself for Nick's career. Now it's her turn.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Pretty sure Ms. Terry had a lot to say about this decision. She has sacrificed herself for Nick's career. Now it's her turn.
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Studios 2016

She lived a life of luxury, fame, adulation and comfort that 99.99999999999999999999+% of Americans would kill for. Huge sacrifice on her part.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Nicholas Saban is a complete elitist ******* of unspeakable proportions.

Ms. Terry is actually one of the sweetest, nicest, most generous persons in Tuscaloosa. She will be more of a loss to the actual philanthropic/outreach community here than her husband. I honestly have no idea how much she influenced any of his big decisions, but I’d guess a lot.

Make no mistake about it, Ms. Terry ran the Nicks Kids Foundation. She says it will continue here after they leave.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login