Nightmare Vasectomy Story (Not what you think)

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Would you rather have a vasectomy or relive the Croom years season by season, game by game? What if I told you I experienced both today, at the same time?

So I had a vasectomy this morning and yes it is painful. However, I couldn't be more excited as I now "have to miss" several family (in-law) Labor Day weekend activities and am instead forced to sit on the couch watching football completely unbothered.

Back to the procedure and horrific story. I'm not a needle/incision guy which means I can get quite anxious and jumpy. Well, the Dr. is chatting with me in an effort to get me to calm the 17 down as he's getting things going. Typical chit-chat about work, family, and so on. We get into where I grew up and went to school. Once I say State we move on to college football. Setting the scene for you, I'm an '09 grad meaning I got to enjoy the 05 - 08 football seasons.

So while I have my balls cut open and vas being ripped apart, this guy asked me if I got to see any big-time NFL guys or college stars while in school. In my head, I start going through our opponents season by season to think of who we played, which then leads me down the rabbit hole of all the misery that was life with Sly Croom. I'm reliving 3-2, not scoring a point til week 3, Henig's 6 picks, La Tech, 45-0, and all the other terrible moments. Now the positive aspect is I completely forgot what was happening to my nether region as I went into a deep, dark place in my own head which did help the procedure move along quickly.

All this to say, a vasectomy sucks for sure, but a vasectomy while having to mentally relive the Croom years might be the harshest punishment a male Mississippi State fan can ever experience.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
As stated in previous threads, I still have my wiener. And as a Freshman in 09’ I missed out on most of the Croom misery too!

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

Jrobb

May 26, 2020
Would you rather have a vasectomy or relive the Croom years season by season, game by game? What if I told you I experienced both today, at the same time?

So I had a vasectomy this morning and yes it is painful. However, I couldn't be more excited as I now "have to miss" several family (in-law) Labor Day weekend activities and am instead forced to sit on the couch watching football completely unbothered.

Back to the procedure and horrific story. I'm not a needle/incision guy which means I can get quite anxious and jumpy. Well, the Dr. is chatting with me in an effort to get me to calm the 17 down as he's getting things going. Typical chit-chat about work, family, and so on. We get into where I grew up and went to school. Once I say State we move on to college football. Setting the scene for you, I'm an '09 grad meaning I got to enjoy the 05 - 08 football seasons.

So while I have my balls cut open and vas being ripped apart, this guy asked me if I got to see any big-time NFL guys or college stars while in school. In my head, I start going through our opponents season by season to think of who we played, which then leads me down the rabbit hole of all the misery that was life with Sly Croom. I'm reliving 3-2, not scoring a point til week 3, Henig's 6 picks, La Tech, 45-0, and all the other terrible moments. Now the positive aspect is I completely forgot what was happening to my nether region as I went into a deep, dark place in my own head which did help the procedure move along quickly.

All this to say, a vasectomy sucks for sure, but a vasectomy while having to mentally relive the Croom years might be the harshest punishment a male Mississippi State fan can ever experience.
I would much rather have a vasectomy. I just about quit football forever because of Croom

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Did you not pay for the $100 nitrous oxide?

I was 3 sheets to the wind by the time the nurse came back with the doctor.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Vasectomy was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Worst part for me was smelling the doctor cauterize things. The day after the procedure I had to remind myself to not go do anything.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

My best friend just did it. He said they wouldn't gas him. I asked the same thing you did. I'd want to be in another dimension while that was going on.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

I didn't get offered nitrous, damn, I feel cheated. I did get a couple shots of freeze spray on the boys right before they stuck the needle in, immediately making me wonder if boys can get frost bite? Post op experience was uneventful. I was instructed and complied with alternating frozen bags of peas, mixed veggies, etc to the boys alternating and refreezing them all day and the next. Between getting snipped, the freeze spray and the frozen veggies for 2 days I thought the boys had run away from home, they checked out for a few days before reappearing. Had it done on Friday went back to work Monday

A co-worker had one not too long after mine and his story was much different. Infection set in w/in a couple days and he said they swelled up like grapefruits and he hurt from just the vibrations when the kids closed the door too hard. He said even the sheets from the bed laying on them hurt too. He was off work and in bed w/ legs spread for a week taking heavy duty antibiotics and pain pills. Hope that story cheers you up........................

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022

It could be worse - a former coworker of mine got a vasectomy after a 2nd child. Not to long after that his soon to be ex-wife miraculously came up pregnant.

jxndawg

Dec 26, 2009
Only thing my doc gave me before mine was a valium - told me that, by the time I got to his office that morning, he wanted me to feel like I'd had a few beers. Mine really wasn't bad at all - the joke I made afterwards was that it was the only time in my life I've ever had a woman shave my nuts and tape my weiner in the "up" position in a professional setting.

Reactions: Double Dawg

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Vasectomy was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Worst part for me was smelling the doctor cauterize things. The day after the procedure I had to remind myself to not go do anything.
Yeah, that last part is where I screwed up. Felt good the next day so started doing some very light work around the house because I was bored out of my mind. Apparently that caused mine to swell up and be painful for the next ~2 weeks.

Do nothing but rest and be lazy for a few days no matter how good you feel.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I didn't get offered nitrous, damn, I feel cheated. I did get a couple shots of freeze spray on the boys right before they stuck the needle in, immediately making me wonder if boys can get frost bite? Post op experience was uneventful. I was instructed and complied with alternating frozen bags of peas, mixed veggies, etc to the boys alternating and refreezing them all day and the next. Between getting snipped, the freeze spray and the frozen veggies for 2 days I thought the boys had run away from home, they checked out for a few days before reappearing. Had it done on Friday went back to work Monday

A co-worker had one not too long after mine and his story was much different. Infection set in w/in a couple days and he said they swelled up like grapefruits and he hurt from just the vibrations when the kids closed the door too hard. He said even the sheets from the bed laying on them hurt too. He was off work and in bed w/ legs spread for a week taking heavy duty antibiotics and pain pills. Hope that story cheers you up........................
This was not comforting

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Guy I used to work with related his experience to me. He had me dying. Felt compelled to share here:

Second wife decided he should get snipped since they both had kids from previous marriages. He’s a quiet, shy and easy going fellow, so he simply said, sure, fine.

Made the appointment, went in, and the most smoking hot busty nurse he’d ever seen had the honor of prepping his package. It was freezing cold in that room, so at first he wanted to cancel the whole thing due to shrinkage embarrassment. Sensing the reluctance, the nurse engaged in some playful but innocent professional conversation, assuring him that “there ain’t nothing you got going on I haven’t already seen”, obviously to calm his nerves. The unexpected consequences of certain actions are always the the things of legend.

Now convinced it was safe, he allowed her to put him in the stirrups and start prepping. Although the ambient temp was frigid, her hands, despite the latex gloves, felt soft and warm. The juxtaposition of those sensations along with her leaning into the work area, exposing world-class cleavage, caused the natural response of any heterosexual male.

As he felt that familiar blood flow and growth, the nurse said in a stern voice “nuh-uh, we can’t be dealing with that, stand down, soldier”. This only intrigued him more, a bossy one. She had some surgical tape handy to strap down the member; this must happen a lot, he thought, trying to calm his fantasies. The handling and taping did not help.

After a few seconds the tape could no longer hold down progress. Richard ripped free, pulling out hair. “Guess we don’t have to shave that part” she chuckled. “Guess I’ll just have to hold it” while the doctor is trying to get started.

As he’s telling me this, I’m already crying, and he’s painfully reliving trauma. Then he says, “Man, she had two fingers on it just to keep it to the side. Then, it started to throb. Then, it started to, you know, leak. I wanted to crawl under the table, but they had me strapped in. They all were snickering while she had to keep wiping me off with gauze. Terrible. I think they put her in there on purpose. No way in hell I’m going back for a follow up, I can’t ever show my face in there again”

Last edited:

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Guy I used to work related his experience to me. He had me dying. Felt compelled to share here:

Second wife decided he should get snipped since they both had kids from previous marriages. He’s a quiet, shy and easy going fellow, so he simply said, sure, fine.

Made the appointment, went in, and the most smoking hot busty nurse he’d ever seen had the honor of prepping his package. It was freezing cold in that room, so at first he wanted to cancel the whole thing due to shrinkage embarrassment. Sensing the reluctance, the nurse engaged in some playful but innocent professional conversation, assuring him that “there ain’t nothing you got going on I haven’t already seen”, obviously to calm his nerves. The unexpected consequences of those actions are always the the things of legend.

Now convinced it was safe, he allowed her to put him in the stirrups and start prepping. Although the ambient temp was frigid, her hands, despite the latex gloves, felt soft and warm. The juxtaposition of those sensations along with her leaning into the work area, exposing world-class cleavage, caused the natural response of any heterosexual male.

As he felt that familiar blood flow and growth, the nurse said in a stern voice “nuh-uh, we can’t be dealing with that, stand down, soldier”. This only intrigued him more, a bossy one. She had some surgical tape handy to strap down the member; this must happen a lot, he thought, trying to calm his fantasies. The handling and taping did not help.

After a few seconds the tape could no longer hold down progress. Richard ripped free, pulling out hair. “Guess we don’t have to shave that part” she chuckled. “Guess I’ll just have to hold it” while the doctor is trying to get started.

As he’s telling me this, I’m already crying, and he’s painfully reliving trauma. Then he says, “Man, she had two fingers on it just to keep it to the side. Then, it started to throb. Then, it started to, you know, leak. I wanted to crawl under the table, but they had me strapped in. They all were snickering while she had to keep wiping me off with gauze. Terrible. I think they put her in there on purpose. No way in hell I’m going back for a follow up, I can’t ever show my face in there again”

Aug 23, 2012
I didn’t really feel much pain. Got a local anesthesia shot and didn’t feel anything besides pressure. Towards the end I told the doctor I might be feeling some pain because I felt a sharp pain. His response was it’s ok because he was done anyway. Gave me a hydro script and told me to go home, put a pack of frozen peas in my crotch, drink beer and take pain meds as needed. That’s exactly what I did.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005

I'd rather relive the Croom years game by game, day by day, week by week then start over and do it again and again a thousand times than go back and have the utter hell that was my vasectomy!

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Guy I used to work related his experience to me. He had me dying. Felt compelled to share here:

Made the appointment, went in, and the most smoking hot busty nurse he’d ever seen had the honor of prepping his package. It was freezing cold in that room, so at first he wanted to cancel the whole thing due to shrinkage embarrassment. Sensing the reluctance, the nurse engaged in some playful but innocent professional conversation, assuring him that “there ain’t nothing you got going on I haven’t already seen”, obviously to calm his nerves. The unexpected consequences of those actions are always the the things of legend.

Better than Ryan’s steak house story. Too funny.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

SPS remembers nominee.

Reactions: vhdawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I'd rather relive the Croom years game by game, day by day, week by week then start over and do it again and again a thousand times than go back and have the utter hell that was my vasectomy!
You must’ve opted for the blind Dr and ball peen hammer method

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
My first and second vasectomies were not bad at all. Both were completed with no meds. The reversal was hell. I cant get the pics to work****

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Yeah, that last part is where I screwed up. Felt good the next day so started doing some very light work around the house because I was bored out of my mind. Apparently that caused mine to swell up and be painful for the next ~2 weeks.

Do nothing but rest and be lazy for a few days no matter how good you feel.
^^^^THIS!^^^^

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I had one two weeks ago. I was dreading it, but I’ve got 4 kids and don’t need anymore. Thankfully my nurse was not attractive, and the assistant was a guy.

The injections weren’t too bad, but when he was cauterizing that left tube, it sent jolts of electricity up to my head. It felt like an electric kick in the nuts. I tensed up like a son of a gun, and he said are you feeling that? I said hell yeah. He gave me some more anesthetic and it was better.

The right nut procedure was uneventful.

Post op, I had some bruising but really no major issues other than soreness.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
You must’ve opted for the blind Dr and ball peen hammer method
It was actually a well-known, highly recommended Starkville doctor with supposedly state of the art technique. He was very apologetic and just couldn't understand what went wrong. Thank god it worked because if they had told me I had to come back like they did a friend of mine, I would probably just had more kids.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Mine are still intact and loaded for bear, but my contribution for this was a kidney stone I had to have crushed. all 16mm of it. While I was under anesthesia he put a stent in. It still makes me shudder seeing that word. When it came time to have it removed it was done in his office. I don't know if there are different types of stents that go different levels in there as I have heard of some that have a string hanging out that you can pull and remove yourself. This was not one of those. It was another procedure to have removed. The nurse came in to prep things and get me numbed up and she was as hot as any playboy model that has ever graced their pages. If not nervous about what was about to happen you would probably have been able to fly Old Glory off of me. Those thoughts all went away, however, when she went to numb little storm chaser. I wasn't looking at what she was doing down there to avoid realizing I had a perfect 10 holding my junk, but then I felt something go inside and a cold gel get shot up from there. Think turkey baster loaded with a cold gel. It felt exactly like you think it would feel. Fast forward 10 minutes to the procedure. The good doc and nurse were down there and working away. I couldn't really feel anything until the uttered the following phrase..."This is going to be the worst part". Holy 17ing donkey balls. I have no idea what he pulling that damn thing out of, but it wasn't numb and that is when all of us in that room found out my fat *** could levitate off the table. I know they heard me in the lobby. Maybe across the street, Then there was the final exit it had to make and that hurt like hell, too, and but then it was out. I made a vow to myself that if I ever had another kidney stone that had to be crushed I would never have another stent put in. I would take my chances with whatever it was put in there to prevent. It couldn't be worse than what I just went through.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
God bless my wife 50 times over for allowing herself to be rolled straight out of the birthing room and into the tube-lube room and get those naughty conduits tied.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
God bless my wife 50 times over for allowing herself to be rolled straight out of the birthing room and into the tube-lube room and get those naughty conduits tied.

That was our plan as well this past February, it just couldn't happen that way for reasons I can't remember. That was an insane experience. She currently has an IED to explode all the swimmers. I know that isn't the acronym, and she hates it, but I like that better. We were actually about to give up and we were trying to decide who was going under the knife when she started peeing on those sticks.

Reactions: dawgman42

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Guy I used to work with related his experience to me. He had me dying. Felt compelled to share here:

Made the appointment, went in, and the most smoking hot busty nurse he’d ever seen had the honor of prepping his package. It was freezing cold in that room, so at first he wanted to cancel the whole thing due to shrinkage embarrassment. Sensing the reluctance, the nurse engaged in some playful but innocent professional conversation, assuring him that “there ain’t nothing you got going on I haven’t already seen”, obviously to calm his nerves. The unexpected consequences of certain actions are always the the things of legend.

Part 2 of my story is a little similar but not as dramatic. The urologist I had was an old past ready to retire guy at UMC. I went in early for mine and they took me back to that same type cold arse room, gave me the gown and left me. I lay on that cold stainless steel table forever and finally this huge AA woman walks in and says "good morning I'm here to shave you!" I thought "ok, no chance of woody woodpecker showing up now", which I had been a teensy bit worried about. Now the only worry was how steady her hand was. She was jovial and good at her job because there were no issues whatsoever. Now, its back to waiting, waiting, and more waiting. They came in once to tell me that the doc was held up in surgery w/ an issue and would be there soon (not real comforting that he's having issues and about to work on me)
FINALLY, the door opens and in walks the most gorgeous blue eyed blonde haired MD I have ever layed eyes on and tells me she is the Head Resident in Urology and she would be doing my procedure instead of Dr Retirement because he was still held up in surgery. I felt immediate panic. She sat down introduced herself and apologized for the wait but said she would have me out of there in no time. She just started chit chatting about everything but surgery and making me even more worried because she was so entertaining, charming, and just downright hot. She left and told me she would be right back after she scrubbed up and changed clothes. Great, she's already fueling my fire and now I've got to think about her scrubbing and changing clothes.............Hundreds of scenarios start running through my head, all of them demeaning and embarrassing.
But alas, there's a different ending than your friends. Nurse straight razor that had shaved me comes back in and gives me the freeze spray treatment and novocaine shots just before Dr Blue Eyes comes in. Blue eyes got down to business and sadly, I never felt a damn thing, I could only lay there watching her staring and fondling my junk and I couldn't feel a damn bit of it, which probably wasn't a bad thing. (notice I didn't say was a good thing, just wasn't a bad thing) Sorry to let you all down w/ an anticlimactic ending but its the truth, wish it wasn't...........................

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I got a vasectomy and a kidney stone story. Went for my vasectomy, my first time in the stirrups. So I’m stripped down sitting on the side of the table and the Doctor comes in and puts my feet in the stirrups. He starts cranking on an adjustment wheel on the table getting the boys into an easy accessible position. The little ball on the wheel he’s spinning comes off and starts bouncing across the room. I just say “ I thought I got to keep those?” He starts laughing, the nurse starts laughing, they can’t stop. Both leave the room saying they’ve got to stop before they start the procedure. They’re gone a few minutes and both come back in the room and both burst out laughing again. At this point I’m getting concerned. They finally start a random conversation to stop laughing and snip snip, I’m out of there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login