Nightmare Vasectomy Story (Not what you think)

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My wife had her tubes tied after #3, and NO to me getting the V. Part of me likes to think she just didn't want me to go through it.
The other part of me thinks she was worrying about me walking around with a gun loaded with blanks.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The kidney stone story. I have a huge stone that I can’t pass. Dr gives me two options, go get it or bust it and pass the pieces. I choose to go get it and he can do it today. I wake up and I still have the stone, when he reached for the stone he bumped it and it fell back into the kidney where he couldn’t reach it, at least the excruciating pain was gone. So he decides to bust it but he can’t do it for like ten days so he ends me home with a stent. I go back to bust that sucker and they send me home with another stent. A week later I go back and still have no knowledge of passing the pieces, they do another mri and sure enough I’ve still got it, just in two pieces that he says I’ll never pass on my own. I go back so he can go back in to grab the pieces a few days later which is successful but he put a bigger stent in due to all the swelling from him messing around in there. I’ve got to keep the stent another week for the swelling to subside. I’m going on week four with a stent. While they don’t necessarily hurt, they are very uncomfortable.
my highly anticipated removal date finally arrives. I go to the dr and I’m dropping trouser walking through the door. I can’t wait to get this thing out. I’m on the table ready to go and he asks if I took my medicine, Ilike what medicine. He says the nurse was supposed to prescribe me two pills to relax me for the procedure, I never talked to the nurse. He can give me a shot if I have a driver, I don’t! Would I like to wait? Nope let’s do this. So he fools his little machine with the lighted probe and video monitor over and explained what was about to happen and how it was going to be uncomfortable without the medication. I don’t care at this point. He greases the probe up and starts up through the out door. A few inches in the light on the end of the probe goes out and he can’t see so out it comes again. Light comes back on and in he goes again. Light goes out again. They fiddle with the machine and finally determine that there is a short in the cable. Their other machine is broken so I’m going to have to come back. Oh no, it’s coming out today one way or the other. I tell them to roll the machine over where I can reach it and by bending and twisting the cord I can make the light come on and off on the end of the probe. I figure out how to hold it where the light will stay on and tell doc to go for it. He starts in but now the monitor is up by my head and I’m watching the whole thing keeping the light on. I finally see this blue string or tube, about that time I see three prongs come into view from behind the camera and they grab the blue thing. It’s at that moment he jerks it all out about like he was cranking a weed eater. I screamed like a little girl but I didn’t care, it was gone. I told him that if he charged me for that visit I’d haunt him, he didn’t. I never got a bill.

• Haha
Reactions: columbiadawg2

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Vasectomy was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Worst part for me was smelling the doctor cauterize things. The day after the procedure I had to remind myself to not go do anything.
That reminds me of my root canal. Worst part was the smell from my infected tooth after the doc drilled it open. And that there was nothing good on TV since I was having it done in the middle of a weekday but after The Price Is Right was over.

Double Dawg

Mar 3, 2008
Only thing my doc gave me before mine was a valium - told me that, by the time I got to his office that morning, he wanted me to feel like I'd had a few beers. Mine really wasn't bad at all - the joke I made afterwards was that it was the only time in my life I've ever had a woman shave my nuts and tape my weiner in the "up" position in a professional setting.
I was given 2 Valium tablets & told to take one 30-45 minutes before the surgery. Took the 2nd one when I arrived. They were awesome. Pain was minimal. It took over a year before the doc told me I was clear of swimmers.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login