No argument here

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Are you down wIth the whole list or just our entry? Obviously the producer of this list hates single initials and loves mascot graphics.

For my tastes I am not too crazy about the gator logo and the washington state logo is hideous.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Are you down wIth the whole list or just our entry? Obviously the producer of this list hates single initials and loves mascot graphics.

For my tastes I am not too crazy about the gator logo and the washington state logo is hideous.
I don’t agree with all of them. BYU’s isn’t terrible.
Tbh, our logo might be the worst on the list. Just awful.

Reactions: $altyDawg

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I know this is all opinion but if you think Walking Bully is an example of a good logo, I seriously question your taste.
Walking Bully is an excellent logo. I’m not saying it should be our primary, but it should replace that s h i t generic bulldog logo created during the Byrne/Strickland era

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I don't disagree, I've never liked the banner, or Stricklin for forcing it down our throats because some marketing student told him it was fresh and contemporary
Actually, if I remember correctly Richard Williams was the one that came up with the Banner M. It took us a while to make it the primary logo though. I don't mind it at all. THE best one was the old script interlocking MSU.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Walking Bully is not that great. It’s dated.
Walking bully has it's place. I've got a sticker on my cowbell. I could see wearing a walking bully tshirt or cap that I wear to work around the house. But it's not something you'd want on a gameday polo or uniforms

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
We have better looks. Script state, m over s, walking bully, interlocking ms are all examples of better looke
That doesn’t actually answer my original question, though. What is it about our current logo that’s “bad?”

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
That doesn’t actually answer my original question, though. What is it about our current logo that’s “bad?”

The fact that this argument breaks out once a week and at least half of this board despises the banner M is all you need to know. I’ve never heard an Ole Miss fan say the hate the script ole miss, a Bama fan say they hate the script A, and Auburn fan say they hate the A over U, etc. If half your fan base hates your logo, it’s time to maker a change.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Walking Bully is a freaking abomination. There’s no way you can be serious about that. It’s not even a good “throw back” Bulldog logo. I could post 4-5 older Bully logos that blow that 80’s monstrosity out of the water. It’s either misplaced nostalgia or a case of just plain old bad taste.
Have you ever had Portuguese Chicken?

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
The fact that this argument breaks out once a week and at least half of this board despises the banner M is all you need to know. I’ve never heard an Ole Miss fan say the hate the script ole miss, a Bama fan say they hate the script A, and Auburn fan say they hate the A over U, etc. If half your fan base hates your logo, it’s time to maker a change.
That’s a really good point. I never thought of it that way. The problem is the administration is 100% invested in using the banner M as the university-wide logo. That’s a lot of signage, letterhead, graphics, etc that will have to be replaced if we move to a new logo.

For the record, I like the Banner M, but I’m not married to it. It was a light year improvement over the early 2000s logo.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The Cleftate is so incredibly stupid.

State is such a generic term. Dr Pepper uses "State" for a fictional university.

Michigan State has used a very similar logo since the 1970s.

A cursive word for a logo.... what imagination.*

Look y'all are getting played to buy more shirts and hats. I ain't buying that stupid *** Cleftate.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I don't disagree, I've never liked the banner, or Stricklin for forcing it down our throats because some marketing student told him it was fresh and contemporary
Marketing student? You do know the administration hired a well known marketing firm to rebrand the entire university, right?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Hey OP.... boycott these places ...

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
You are 100% correct. We need better fans!

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
A lot of hate for the walking bully. I think it’s a great secondary logo when a bulldog/mascot is needed. Certainly not saying it should be the primary logo.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
So what happens if we make a change and half the people on this board hate whatever logo we change to?

Reactions: Maroon13

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Get rid of the ugly *** gray. It looks like 💩. Or put white btw the two. Looks so much better.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login