No Marks or Rogers

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Parson. Time to see what we got w the young buck.

Honestly, I don't think the coaching staff has the grapefruits to play Parson over the next 4. They have 4 must win games and they will go with Wright. They might play Parson for like 3 snaps in the same way they used Wright before Will went down.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Make way for the future. I want more Pittman! I am actually excited going up there after seeing photos of the field. We are going to leave Brandon around 2:30.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't think it's personnel we have to worry about. It's the offensive play calling. He does not know the correct plays to run with the guys he's coaching, and he is getting out coach by every DC he goes up against. At least on defense Arnett can step in and fix what is wrong.

Reactions: msudawg1200

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Sounds like a dub to me***. Everybodys favorite QB is in. Should elevate the running game and help out the OL due to his ability to run. Aint that the company line ? Ol noodle armed sackmeister wont be giving the game away with all his turnovers. Personally I would play Parson these next four games. 17 it. We are gonna lose anyway. At least that would help the incoming staff if he doesnt jump in the portal. Maybe they will play Lee today too but I doubt they are that smart. I mean you would think we would play a few of these guys we wasted a scholarship on.

Reactions: josebrown

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Parson. Time to see what we got w the young buck.

Honestly, I don't think the coaching staff has the grapefruits to play Parson over the next 4. They have 4 must win games and they will go with Wright. They might play Parson for like 3 snaps in the same way they used Wright before Will went down.
He's not playing today barring emergency. Jake is the #2. Rogers is expected to dress out... but not play

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
He's not playing today barring emergency. Jake is the #2. Rogers is expected to dress out... but not play
Figured they wouldn't play him. But I didn't know he's still not up to 100% yet.

Nice that Rogers is dressing out though.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Can somebody say what Rogers’ injury is?

This is insane. Non-throwing shoulder, doesn’t require a sling / brace or anything, yet he’s out a month plus. I cannot recall an injury that fits all that criteria ever in the history of football.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
This is probably for the best as I don't think we win without them. Who knows for sure, but I think we beat Auburn and Kentucky with Will and Woody which would ensure the current staff gets another year. Another year with this staff will be a disaster and set the program back even further. Losing 3 of the last 4 ending up 5-7 should seal the deal on replacing the staff or maybe seal the deal on replacing the AD.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010

This is insane. Non-throwing shoulder, doesn’t require a sling / brace or anything, yet he’s out a month plus. I cannot recall an injury that fits all that criteria ever in the history of football.
This is starting to feel a little like Moultrie knee. I don't really blame him though. If he can sit the bench in the NFL for just a couple of years it was worth getting ready for the combine.

kired

Aug 22, 2008

If this is what he had, I don’t think you necessarily have to wear a visible sling

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
I'm curious as to what you think is reasonable/understandable about my statement. If we end up 5-7 do I know Arnett will be fired? Of course not but, in my opinion (and many others'), he should be. If he is not fired, do I know Selmon will be fired? Of course not but, in my opinion (and many others'), he should be as he used his mulligan on Lemonis.

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
This is probably for the best as I don't think we win without them. Who knows for sure, but I think we beat Auburn and Kentucky with Will and Woody which would ensure the current staff gets another year. Another year with this staff will be a disaster and set the program back even further. Losing 3 of the last 4 ending up 5-7 should seal the deal on replacing the staff or maybe seal the deal on replacing the AD.
The current staff is getting another year, so we might as well win.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Has there been any official word on the Rogers injury? I really didn't expect a shoulder strain to a non-throwing shoulder to be something that would keep him out for 4+ weeks. It's also hard to believe it's anything significantly worse that that considering that he was on the sideline last week in a t-shirt and no visible sling, brace, etc.

Anyway, I hope we haven't seen the last of him at State, but if he's somehow playing things safe for his NFL future, well...

im so very sad wade barrett GIF

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'm curious as to what you don't think is reasonable/understandable about my statement. If we end up 5-7 do I know Arnett will be fired? Of course not but, in my opinion (and many others'), he should be. If he is not fired, do I know Selmon will be fired? Of course not but, in my opinion (and many others'), he should be as he used his mulligan on Lemonis.
Which part was unreasonable?? Maybe the part where you said we should fire our AD, who wasn’t even here when Arnett was hired, if we finish 5-7.

And as far as what happens after that, it’s not Selmon’s decision. It wasn’t his decision with keeping Lemonis, either.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Which part was unreasonable?? Maybe the part where you said we should fire our AD, who wasn’t even here when Arnett was hired, if we finish 5-7.

And as far as what happens after that, it’s not Selmon’s decision. It wasn’t his decision with keeping Lemonis, either.
Oh, ok. You're defending Selmon. Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: Perd Hapley

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

If this is what he had, I don’t think you necessarily have to wear a visible sling
I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone with a broken collarbone not have a sling….at least right after it happens and before surgery. Rogers didn’t even have one when he came back out of the locker room in the WMU game.

Reactions: patdog

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

Keenum and Bracky hired Arnett. Keenum made the decision to keep Lemonis.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Sorry, Perd. I was not being a $marta$$. I was simply acknowledging I understood your response to my original post. Your thoughts/opinions are as legit as mine.
I didn’t take it as you being a smart-***. I didn’t know how to take it, honestly. Hence my reply.

Selmon’s just a dude who’s going to do what he’s told by the powers that be….regarding Arnett’s future. There’s no defending or not defending that. His work won’t really begin in earnest until its time to name a replacement. He’s hopefully already started at least gathering names. But he won’t be the final call on that move, either.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login