No respect from Vegas: Kentucky 9 point fav tomorrow night

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
What a slap in the face. Vegas picking a down Kentucky team to come in and beat us by double digits. After Georgia beat Kentucky by 7 Saturday. That is basically saying that Georgia is 16 points better than State.

Good thing Valentines Day is today and not tomorrow, don't want our guys girlfriends seeing this beatdown we will get on Valentines Day.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

patdog

May 28, 2007
That's surprising. I've thought their lines have been giving us too much credit lately (and have been proved wrong). But I really expected this line to be very close, probably with us a slight favorite. Here's hoping I'm right for a change.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Reactions: The Usual Suspect

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Surprised at this line but I gotta feelin' Las Vegas cares more about The Green as opposed to dissin' The Maroon. Something's up; just can't figger out what. Maybe Las Vegas has The SEC Refs paid already and the Refs got their backs? That line is begging for STATE Money. Begging. Now watch us get schitty reffin' and get our as$es kicked.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
How are there still tickets? Jackson folks can be home by midnight (or close to it). We’ve been in basketball purgatory for 10 years. You want out? You have to have a packed house for a game like this.
1 Still a lot of Howland muscle memory..... String together 1 or 2 good games, then a giant turd.
2 Midweek game - midnight is still late the older you get.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
How are there still tickets? Jackson folks can be home by midnight (or close to it). We’ve been in basketball purgatory for 10 years. You want out? You have to have a packed house for a game like this.

Its not going to be packed…just prepare yourself. It was barely half full in 2018 when we were playing a Top 10 ranked UK, on a Saturday afternoon, with our Top 5 women’s team playing at home that same weekend….all while having a team that was an NCAA 5-seed.

Its a different era now with everything being televised. The early 2000’s Hump environment isn’t coming back.

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
We could get back to Stans level attendance but it would take Stans level production which is much harder to do today than when Stans was here.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
1 Still a lot of Howland muscle memory..... String together 1 or 2 good games, then a giant turd.
2 Midweek game - midnight is still late the older you get.
Pretty weak excuses. We seem to be the only SEC fanbase that says **** like this.

The last decade of MSU BB has been rough, but this team lays it on the floor every night and is top 5 in country in defense. Won 5 games in a row and beat 3 tournament teams in the process. Time to get the Hump rocking again

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Pretty weak excuses. We seem to be the only SEC fanbase that says **** like this.

The last decade of MSU BB has been rough, but this team lays it on the floor every night and is top 5 in country in defense. Won 5 games in a row and beat 3 tournament teams in the process. Time to get the Hump rocking again
Not just these things, but don’t forget the offense has actually improved statistically. We have gotten a lot better on offense.

Reactions: retire the banner

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
What a slap in the face. Vegas picking a down Kentucky team to come in and beat us by double digits. After Georgia beat Kentucky by 7 Saturday. That is basically saying that Georgia is 16 points better than State.

Good thing Valentines Day is today and not tomorrow, don't want our guys girlfriends seeing this beatdown we will get on Valentines Day.
Vegas knows the drill. The SEC won’t stand for not having KY make the tournament, and they’ll take it out on State.

We’re better than KY, straight up. I’d advise putting bubble wrap around your TVs tomorrow night if you plan to watch. Those in attendance, please only throw plastic whiskey bottles onto the floor, not glass like the Rebs!!*****

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Vegas knows the drill. The SEC won’t stand for not having KY make the tournament, and they’ll take it out on State.

We’re better than KY, straight up. I’d advise putting bubble wrap around your TVs tomorrow night if you plan to watch. Those in attendance, please only throw plastic whiskey bottles onto the floor, not glass like the Rebs!!*****
KY clearly has their back to the wall, coming in.
Bull Shat may flow freely tomorrow.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

27 hours before tipoff and someone is already claiming the refs are instructed to ensure UK wins.
17ing feeble minded.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I was coming to post the same thing. I think onewoof was trying to get us pissed off so we - as message board posters - can have a direct impact and will the Dawgs to victory!!
I just hope the pressure from being a fav over Kentucky doesn't give us false confidence. As a team we still have a long long way to go to be good, even if we somehow find a way to win this one

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Knew this thread title was a crockola immediately. That line wouldnt make sense in a typical State down-UK up year, much less this year.

Last edited:

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We can win this game. Not saying we will or even saying we should. But WE CAN! The best chance is lock down defense and better than average perimeter shooting. We REALLY need to get up early on them too.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

dang, you got me! I was ready to make some money!

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Please drink bleach. A lot of it.

Please.
Refs made a couple bad calls...or rather no calls.
Refs didn't keep us from even scoring for 5min of the 2nd half. Refs didn't keep Jeffries from making the front end of a 1n1. Etc etc.
Also, refs don't work for a conference.

Your response is exactly what a feeble minded simpleton would say.

ETA- refs didnt out rebound us. Refs didn't convert airballs to points for UK.
I could go on and on.

The missed travel call at the end really sucked though.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Refs made a couple bad calls...or rather no calls.
Refs didn't keep us from even scoring for 5min of the 2nd half. Refs didn't keep Jeffries from making the front end of a 1n1. Etc etc.
Also, refs don't work for a conference.

Your response is exactly what a feeble minded simpleton would say.

ETA- refs didnt out rebound us. Refs didn't convert airballs to points for UK.
I could go on and on.

The missed travel call at the end really sucked though.
Refs are scared to make a call that would potentially give us the edge in crutch time late in the game. In that regard it is like Kentucky had a home game on the road. Any other team we are playing, we get that travel call. Facts.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login