Non-political Ukraine discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Some of you on here have been following it closely and know more info than a lot of us on here. So to you knowledgeable ones, what’s the thoughts on Russia’s end game now that we’re nearly two weeks in and Kyiv is still standing? I know Putin didn’t even see this as a worst-case scenario, but I don’t think anyone envisioned this much of a response from Ukraine.
Now Poland is wanting to volunteer jets, but nato isn’t on board with it. What are you thoughts on how this shakes out now that we have nearly 2 weeks of information on this thing?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
**** fixing to hit the fan and Putin is going out with a bang or a Thermonuclear Blast. We would be best served by trying to stay out of it as much as possible.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
It’s a helluva play by Poland. Volunteering to turn their MiGs over to us if we replace them with new F-16’s. Then it’s up to us to turn the MiGs over to Ukraine. Poland gets brand new fighters while we foot the bill and they get to be seen as helping out yet we’re really on the hook with Russia.

If I’m Biden that’s a tough sell… but then the videos of shattered bodies of children on Reddit might do a number on my conscious.

In every instance in history when a dictator has pushed the world this far it’s only ended one way… all out war before a regime change. Only this time.. the dictator has a button.

Last edited:

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
I think Russia is in to deep to just get tired of it, pick up and go home..

the only way that they get nothing out of this is if NATO gets involved directly with troops, and I don't think it will or needs to happen. I think Russia gets Crimea recognized as part of Russia, and those areas that I can't pronounce or spell and that Putin declared as "independent" will be recognized as such. Maybe some kind of agreement from Ukraine to not join NATO. It sucks that they would get rewarded for being thugs, but in the grand scheme of things it could probably be worse. The borders of Eastern Europe have probably changed more over the past 2,000 years than any place on earth - its naïve to think it can't happen again. Like I said, I think they have gone to far to walk away with nothing, but I think the difficulty they have faced from a military perspective along with the economic blow back will make him think twice about trying something else like this again.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
How can he kill Zelensky at this point? There will literally be several billion people pissed off.

I think Putin underestimated the level of blowback Russia would face. They’re almost North Korea now. The Ruble has collapsed and they’re almost certainly going to default as a country. I have a hard time believing that was in the calculus 10 days ago.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Yup. Putin declared war. He’s going to kill lots of people. Period. Now the rest of the world gets to decide who dies. Hopefully we don’t send our children over there to be the ones that do.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Nobody knows if Putin is even seeing how popular Zelensky is on the world stage. Years ago I think he poisoned, shot, imprisoned or simply disappeared anybody who gave him bad news.

He wants the Soviet Union back. He's repeatedly said the greatest geopolitical disaster of the 20th century was the collapse of the USSR. Not all that **** that went down the the Nazis... but a modicum of freedom coming to the Russian people. THAT was the worst thing ever..

He wants a buffer between the Russia motherland and western Europe. He wants the oil and gas deposits off Crimea. And I think everyone around him has said it's his for the easy pickings.

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
State of Kentucky retired school teachers will have to come out of retirement and have to go back to work.**

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I agree with this. All of it is happening on their continent. Again.

It's time for them to sort this **** out. All of them sitting in the corner of the playground hoping to not get noticed while the school bully whoops the *** of one of their classmates.

I bet if France, Poland and Germany started rolling tanks east this donkey show might get shut down. And let's not even start on Spain and Portugal's 'don't bother me I'm living on daddy's trust fund' bitchasses.

Feb 4, 2015
Putin is too prideful to pick his toys up and leave. He hasn’t even began to show his hand yet. Bad as I hate to say this I completely believe he will use a nuke before it’s said and done. Don’t believe he wouldn’t? Watch. One thing I didn’t know till yesterday that he is worth an estimated $200 billion with mansions everywhere,700+ cars,over 50 planes and close to 30 helicopters. His way of wealth? Extortion.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I agree with this. All of it is happening on their continent. Again.

It's time for them to sort this **** out. All of them sitting in the corner of the playground hoping to not get noticed while the school bully whoops the *** of one of their classmates.

I bet if France, Poland and Germany started rolling tanks east this donkey show might get shut down. And let's not even start on Spain and Portugal's 'don't bother me I'm living on daddy's trust fund' bitchasses.

Is Putin Bluffing?
If NATO intervenes will he really start WWIII. Is Putin nuts or just a big bully who will back down he is called out.
The Russian military is no match for the USA, just look what's happening in Ukraine.
Time will tell.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I think a lot of people don't understand what NATO's function is, how it operates or even for what purpose it was formed.

msugrad2003

Aug 27, 2013
Putin is too prideful to pick his toys up and leave. He hasn’t even began to show his hand yet. Bad as I hate to say this I completely believe he will use a nuke before it’s said and done. Don’t believe he wouldn’t? Watch. One thing I didn’t know till yesterday that he is worth an estimated $200 billion with mansions everywhere,700+ cars,over 50 planes and close to 30 helicopters. His way of wealth? Extortion.

you don’t think he would fear the retaliation? He drops a nuke, he’s getting 4 more dropped on him

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
you don’t think he would fear the retaliation? He drops a nuke, he’s getting 4 more dropped on him

If does that he's insane.
I think he knew nothing would happen if he invaded. He was right militarily, but the sanctions will hurt over time.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I don’t know a ton about what’s going on, but I know that he won’t nuke anyone. He values his life too much.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
How can he kill Zelensky at this point? There will literally be several billion people pissed off.

I think Putin underestimated the level of blowback Russia would face. They’re almost North Korea now. The Ruble has collapsed and they’re almost certainly going to default as a country. I have a hard time believing that was in the calculus 10 days ago.

Putin is using a "Maginot Line" type of strategy in the sense he has mirrored what has happened historically. Where he miscalculated is that the world view, certain behaviors, and other factors would be eiother a) more passive or b) non-vocal. Neither is the case.

The world has just lost millions fighting "nature" and, if anything, the world is paying attention more closely to details. Putin's timing is only amplifying his underestimations.

Bottom line: This will not end well.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Putin needs to take his last breath. One way or another, it needs to happen. We found Bin Laden, I would think that somehow, we could orchestrate this.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
I believe Poland offered to buy used fighters (F-16s, I think) in exchange for donating the MIGs.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah. I didn't understand the criticism the one congressman got for asking if Russia had a Brutus or a Von Stauffenberg. Von Stauffenberg was a hero. Russia needs a hero like him. The world needs a hero like him.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
its not so much the 'what' as it is the 'why' for me. It's been known or thought by geopolitical thinkers for a LONG time that bringing NATO into their 'sphere' would be problematic (NOT an attempt at politicization):

https://t.me/s/WeTheMedia/55150

https://twitter.com/ThePr0diga1S0n/status/1485729483151880194

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1498491107902062592

I don't know and won't pretend to know why Ukraine was the final straw. Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are on their border and are already members.
Oliver Stone did a documentary in 2016 that gives a different picture than what's portrayed now. I literally watched it on YT Sunday night but it's gone now for 'violating rules', but it's on Bitchute:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/l7n6nBoJ6nMS/

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015
How does the fact that China came out this week in support of Russia and it's actions affect his decisions?

Gotta think it helps him weather some of this for a bit longer

Last edited:

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
But would they really support him if the rubber meets the road? Or is it an intimidation move to gauge everyone’s response?

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015
But would they really support him if the rubber meets the road? Or is it an intimidation move to gauge everyone’s response?

Great question, probably not. But I think would certainly give second thoughts to taking on Russia and China at the same time

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
China has been supporting Russia long before this week. It has been alleged that China asked Putin to hold off any invasion until after the Olympics.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/02/us/politics/russia-ukraine-china.html

The story also says the Biden administration went to China with information about Russia and China turned around and told Russia what the Biden administration had told them.

China also just came out and warned the US about trying to start a Pacific NATO.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/597156-china-warns-us-against-pacific-nato

My opinion, for what that's worth, is that China has used this conflict to guage the U.S. response and to a lesser extent Europe's response so they can plan to invade Taiwan.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Could you imagine the shutdown if the world tried to boycott China? Amazon would die.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I don’t agree that Taiwan will be invaded in the near future because of this, but the United States’s focus should be 1) how do we prevent nuclear war, and 2) how do we use the situation against China as much as possible.

When I was alive, I made a comment to Mao or Zhou (cant remember in this zombie brain) that Taiwan might take 99 years to regain. The response I got was “we’ll wait 999 years.” China is all about the long game.

Edit: but I 100% agree that China was aware of this and planned to use it to their advantage

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Aren't there only 3 options?

1) quit
2) pout and wreck more ****
3) be overthrown

1 isn't happening. Let's hope 3 happens before 2 plays out.

Last edited:

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
He made the same mistake that the Japanese made in WWII. Seeing what’s going on in America and the world he assumed we were weak. He assumed he could take advantage and he was wrong.

America needs to support Ukraine every way possible but avoid WWIII at all cost, you are dealing with a madman, so it’s not headed in a good direction.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
It’s crazy. I have seen this entire conflict compared to WW2 and the Cuban Missile crisis. The obvious differences are with WW2 we didn’t see the atrocities until much later. With the Cuban missile crisis the information was coming slowly by U2 spy plane. It’s pretty obvious that the first war did not have nuclear implications and if they did we would probably tip toe around it. The second situation led us to brinkmanship and we were getting info at best on an hourly basis. Here we are in a world with information literally real time and we need to make nuclear decisions. That is not a position I would ever like to be in. I said it once and I’ll say it again, Russia is an ******* and they need to be put in their place. If we can somehow do that with force of a coalition condemning them, then that’s the best option. If not, then the other options are going to be with much smarter people than me.

BeardoMSU

Jul 9, 2013
Yep. And the sanctions are hurting now. Soon they'll be crippling. A "war machine" is an expensive endeavor, and his pool is drying up quick.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
He made the same mistake that the Japanese made in WWII. Seeing what’s going on in America and the world he assumed we were weak. He assumed he could take advantage and he was wrong.

America needs to support Ukraine every way possible but avoid WWIII at all cost, you are dealing with a madman, so it’s not headed in a good direction.
America is weaker now than it has been in a very long time and getting weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login