Non Portal OT: Stupid Movies

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Am I just getting old, or are there no longer any good stupid movies being made? I could make a list dozens of movies long that are a decade or more older, but recent stuff I'm running dry.

I'm talking Old School, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, Broken Lizard Franchise, Dodgeball, Zoolander, Saving Silverman, Idiocracy, and on and on.

Eurovision Song Contest is the only recent one off the top from last few years. That's how dry the well has been.

Name the new ones...and feel free to rehash the classics.
Men in Tights is/was ridiculous but one of my favorites.

Army Of Darkness….”Evil Dead 3”….I think

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I watched Confess, Fletch expecting the worst and came away mildly surprised. It's not particularly memorable, but it wasn't terrible. I agree with you that Hamm did a fairly decent job in that role.

I watched Glass Onion last week. It's the Knives Out sequel. I thought it was pretty good.
I really love that Knives Out has made it possible for the murder-mystery genre to kinda get back going. All the new Agatha Christie movies are entertaining, as well.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I watched Confess, Fletch expecting the worst and came away mildly surprised. It's not particularly memorable, but it wasn't terrible. I agree with you that Hamm did a fairly decent job in that role.

I watched Glass Onion last week. It's the Knives Out sequel. I thought it was pretty good.
Same. I was really wary of it. But I really liked it. It is 100% because of Jon Hamm’s portrayal too.

Reactions: Drebin

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Mindy Kaling said The Office couldn’t me made today because of cancel culture, a lot of people pointed out It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is hitting season 16 and still going.
Maybe the secret is to not give a **** about backlash and/or ignore the whinging from the soft people. Comedy doesn't need a disclaimer or to apologize for offense.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
Billy Eichner tried to give you one just THIS YEAR but none of you white male homophobes wanted to support his gay comedy and caused it to bomb!!

🙄🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
Am I just getting old, or are there no longer any good stupid movies being made? I could make a list dozens of movies long that are a decade or more older, but recent stuff I'm running dry.

I'm talking Old School, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, Broken Lizard Franchise, Dodgeball, Zoolander, Saving Silverman, Idiocracy, and on and on.

Eurovision Song Contest is the only recent one off the top from last few years. That's how dry the well has been.

Name the new ones...and feel free to rehash the classics.
I didn’t watch all of it, but I’m pretty sure Debbie didn’t “do” all of Dallas.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login