Not Football League?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The thing that makes me laugh about conspiracy theories is that they are rooted in the idea that the people behind them are some kind of evil masterminds, when in reality they are almost always bumbling buffoons who couldn’t pass a first grade math test much less stage a secret coup.

Nobody actually thinks Roger Goodell is competent enough to pull something like that off.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I don't think it's rigged for the simple fact of the players were in on it there'd be at least one who couldn't keep a secret and the teams that habitually suck would eventually want a push. Now could the officials perhaps try to sway an outcome? I don't know, but I would think that would be the most that could be done.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I think the NFL is rigged is like the earth is flat or birds aren’t real. Sure, there are a few crackpots who really believe it. But most are just people going with a running joke. At least I hope that’s what it is, in all 3 cases.
I watched just a few games this year when Dak played. I saw players intentionally miss tackles, holding calls that were suspect while no holding calls right in front of officials, and secondary player break off coverage to leave receivers wide open. It was enough for me to quit watching again and Dallas was winning. Too much money is changing hands with every game for it to remain pure. Y'all keep watching and enjoy the flat earth experience. That's entertainment!

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I watched just a few games this year when Dak played. I saw players intentionally miss tackles, holding calls that were suspect while no holding calls right in front of officials, and secondary player break off coverage to leave receivers wide open. It was enough for me to quit watching again and Dallas was winning. Too much money is changing hands with every game for it to remain pure. Y'all keep watching and enjoy the flat earth experience. That's entertainment!
Or the owners want to promote a certain type of quarterback and the new rule is you can no longer touch the qb, he is magic, he can run all over like it’s flag football and you better get out of his way. Lol

Go back and watch 1985 , if a qb dares to get outside the pocket, his head, ribs and knees immediately get taken out. You win by knocking their qb out of the game. If he holds on to it too long after a pass, he gets annihilated. What it did was force the qb to stay in the pocket and read defenses. That’s no longer required.

I have seen opposing players get out of Mahomes way when he’s running with it. That’s not football.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
There’s no point in arguing with stupid. But there’s really no point in arguing with stupid and crazy. Let these two clowns live in the paranoid reality they’ve concocted. Gonna guess this isn’t the only conspiracy theory they believe.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
The NFL is a listed as a singular business entity filed under “Sports Entertainment”. If that doesn’t tell you all you need to know with regards to the legal implications and ramifications, then I don’t know what else to tell you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchdawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Or the owners want to promote a certain type of quarterback and the new rule is you can no longer touch the qb, he is magic, he can run all over like it’s flag football and you better get out of his way. Lol

Go back and watch 1985 , if a qb dares to get outside the pocket, his head, ribs and knees immediately get taken out. You win by knocking their qb out of the game. If he holds on to it too long after a pass, he gets annihilated. What it did was force the qb to stay in the pocket and read defenses. That’s no longer required.

I have seen opposing players get out of Mahomes way when he’s running with it. That’s not football.
I don't think the value of Quarterbacks had really set in during that time and teams weren't investing $40 Million per year on Quarterbacks. Roger Staubach's top salary was $160,000 in 1979. That equates to about $600,000 today, so roughly 1.5% of what Dak made this season.

So, of course the ownership of these teams would vote to create rules that protect that investment.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I think the NFL is rigged is like the earth is flat or birds aren’t real. Sure, there are a few crackpots who really believe it. But most are just people going with a running joke. At least I hope that’s what it is, in all 3 cases.
I hope so. I fear not.

Reactions: patdog

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Why would the players keep it a secret? They'd make money just as well in a non-scripted league. Do you think they all are really in on it and can keep their mouths shut? Some of the dumbest people on earth are in the NFL.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I don't think the NFL is, but I 100% believe the NBA is. I don't believe that the outcome is necessarily pre-determined, but I 100% believe that officials are instructed to allow certain players and certain teams to get (or get away with) certain calls and I think it's gotten more and more pervasive over the past 20 years.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Why would the players keep it a secret? They'd make money just as well in a non-scripted league. Do you think they all are really in on it and can keep their mouths shut? Some of the dumbest people on earth are in the NFL.
What are you talking about? Many players have spoken about this. I posted a link in another thread the other day, that had Bubba Smith discussing in details how Super Bowl 3 was even rigged.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
What are you talking about? Many players have spoken about this. I posted a link in another thread the other day, that had Bubba Smith discussing in details how Super Bowl 3 was even rigged.
Few things more embarrassing about our society today than people presenting things as fact with nothing to back it up.

Bubba Smith's "details" are not evidence that the NFL is rigged. He talks about how his QB missed open WRs and crap like that. No one has ever come out with any legitimate evidence that the NFL is scripted. Using a 20 year old interview about a game that was played before we landed on the moon from a player from the losing team that "thinks" it was scripted but doesn't have anything to back it up is an absolute joke.

Come on man.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Few things more embarrassing about our society today than people presenting things as fact with nothing to back it up.

Bubba Smith's "details" are not evidence that the NFL is rigged. He talks about how his QB missed open WRs and crap like that. No one has ever come out with any legitimate evidence that the NFL is scripted. Using a 20 year old interview about a game that was played before we landed on the moon from a player from the losing team that "thinks" it was scripted but doesn't have anything to back it up is an absolute joke.

Come on man.
Ok more recently, Arian Foster, Dwight Smith, or Benny Cunningham just off the top of my head. Cunningham even talked about signing something if I remember right. Whats even more embarrassing about our society today is how gullible the majority is. Covid is the perfect latest example. Critical thinking in society is at an all time low.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Ok more recently, Arian Foster, Dwight Smith, or Benny Cunningham just off the top of my head. Cunningham even talked about signing something if I remember right. Whats even more embarrassing about our society today is how gullible the majority is. Covid is the perfect latest example. Critical thinking in society is at an all time low.
Flat earth, too?

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Alright let's break these down...

Arian Foster - https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ex-nfl-star-arian-foster-sarcastically-explains-nfl-rigged
Pretty obvious you don't know anything about PFT Commenter or the podcast Macrodosing. It's a joke. He's literally mocking people like you. If you are dumb enough to actually believe the NFL PRINTED OUT AND DISTRIBUTED a play by play game script, then may God have mercy on your soul
Now who's gullible?

Dwight Smith - He just repeats the same mantra over and over "The game isn't decided on the field". Doesn't offer anything else. Says "I don't want to get into it". That's your smoking gun?

Benny Cunningham - He just tweeted out that the NFL is rigged and they make players sign an NDA. Asked "who wants the full story" then..... never gives any details or evidence.

Please just take a moment. Compare this to anything else in your life. You are making a claim that you have literally nothing you can point to that even gives a modicum of credence to your claim, much less proves it. Why are you ok doing that? It's dangerous behavior and really unfortunate that there are so many others like you.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Alright let's break these down...

Arian Foster - https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ex-nfl-star-arian-foster-sarcastically-explains-nfl-rigged
Pretty obvious you don't know anything about PFT Commenter or the podcast Macrodosing. It's a joke. He's literally mocking people like you. If you are dumb enough to actually believe the NFL PRINTED OUT AND DISTRIBUTED a play by play game script, then may God have mercy on your soul
Now who's gullible?

Dwight Smith - He just repeats the same mantra over and over "The game isn't decided on the field". Doesn't offer anything else. Says "I don't want to get into it". That's your smoking gun?

Benny Cunningham - He just tweeted out that the NFL is rigged and they make players sign an NDA. Asked "who wants the full story" then..... never gives any details or evidence.

Please just take a moment. Compare this to anything else in your life. You are making a claim that you have literally nothing you can point to that even gives a modicum of credence to your claim, much less proves it. Why are you ok doing that? It's dangerous behavior and really unfortunate that there are so many others like you.
Even if Foster was serious, that's 4 players out of conservatively 15,000 who have played in the NFL in the Super Bowl era who have claimed any games were thrown. None of them with any details or corroboration. Sounds convincing to me. Next thing he's going to claim wrestling isn't real either.**

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
The NFL isn't rigged, but I'm sure there are "games within the game" that hopefully don't affect the outcome. I'm sure players are involved in fantasy and are aware of prop bets, so there's mostly harmless shenanigans happening all the time.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I swear that since I was a kid, the 50% of people who are smarter than average have gotten smarter and the 50% of people that are dumber than average have gotten dumber.
The divide continues to grow.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I swear that since I was a kid, the 50% of people who are smarter than average have gotten smarter and the 50% of people that are dumber than average have gotten dumber.
The divide continues to grow.

It makes perfect sense though. I can’t name the particular date in modern history, but at some point, natural selection has effectively ended. Those who are smart now have less kids than those who are dumb. The idiot genes aren’t eliminated because those people no longer fall off a cliff looking for water or whatever.

Idiocracy is real.

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
It makes perfect sense though. I can’t name the particular date in modern history, but at some point, natural selection has effectively ended. Those who are smart now have less kids than those who are dumb. The idiot genes aren’t eliminated because those people no longer fall off a cliff looking for water or whatever.

Idiocracy is real.

The advent of agriculture. Seriously. It was a double edged sword. While it gave us to keys to advancing society beyond our wildest dreams, it also allowed the village idiot to carry a menial job and pass his genes on. Instead of having to run faster than or outwit a predator in a hunter gatherer culture, you could now task him with carrying a watering bucket from the river to the fields all day. That dumbass died before agriculture. After, he could thrive. And in today's world, we hand him a microphone by paying him attention on the internet.

Reactions: NukeDogg

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I think it is stupid for anyone to dismiss the facts that sports gaming has grown a lot over the years and been legalized in most states and that wouldn't effect in any way the outcome of games. When money is at stake, people can be paid a lot to provide a certain outcome. It has happened in the past in just about every sport.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010

if you think the games are scripted or rigged you are a fool
You need to stop believing people with no evidence. Talk about inability to critical think, you are believing named people but without any evidence. Absolutely no evidence from anyone about any of this other than some guy saying so. You may as well believe Trump that the election was rigged when he presented no evidence in so many court cases that anyone that has a brain knew he was lying. Then they found after investigating that Trump was trying to steal the election himself. They have proof and in court. His own people confessed to crimes committed for him.

I guess all these court cases Trump continues to lose are rigged too. Rule of law requires evidence, internet does not. Critical thinking my ***.

I guess all those people that died from Covid died from a fake thing.

Reactions: patdog and Dawgg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
if you think the games are scripted or rigged you are a fool

You need to stop believing people with no evidence. Talk about inability to critical think, you are believing named people but without any evidence. Absolutely no evidence from anyone about any of this other than some guy saying so. You may as well believe Trump that the election was rigged when he presented no evidence in so many court cases that anyone that has a brain knew he was lying. Then they found after investigating that Trump was trying to steal the election himself. They have proof and in court. His own people confessed to crimes committed for him.

I guess all these court cases Trump continues to lose are rigged too. Rule of law requires evidence, internet does not. Critical thinking my ***.

I guess all those people that died from Covid died from a fake thing.
Lol

Yes the senile old crook got 81 million votes campaigning from his basement. more votes than any president in history. It all makes sense when you look at his poll numbers right now, he’s polling slightly behind herpes and athletes foot.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login