Not Football League?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I watched just a few games this year when Dak played. I saw players intentionally miss tackles, holding calls that were suspect while no holding calls right in front of officials, and secondary player break off coverage to leave receivers wide open. It was enough for me to quit watching again and Dallas was winning. Too much money is changing hands with every game for it to remain pure. Y'all keep watching and enjoy the flat earth experience. That's entertainment!
Damn. Every State game I’ve watch for 40 years except for a few years have been scripted. Who knew.

• Haha
Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Lol

Yes the senile old crook got 81 million votes campaigning from his basement. more votes than any president in history. It all makes sense when you look at his poll numbers right now, he’s polling slightly behind herpes and athletes foot.
Trump got more votes in 2020 than any other candidate in the history of the US...except Biden.
Its odd that someone can completely accept that Trump got more votes in 2020 than any candidate in any prior election, but they cant accept that someone else in the same election also got more votes than any candidate in any prior election.

The reality is that a record number of people voted in 2020. Its really that simple. Both candidates got more votes than any candidate before them in this history of the country.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Ok more recently, Arian Foster, Dwight Smith, or Benny Cunningham just off the top of my head. Cunningham even talked about signing something if I remember right. Whats even more embarrassing about our society today is how gullible the majority is. Covid is the perfect latest example. Critical thinking in society is at an all time low.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
The advent of agriculture. Seriously. It was a double edged sword. While it gave us to keys to advancing society beyond our wildest dreams, it also allowed the village idiot to carry a menial job and pass his genes on. Instead of having to run faster than or outwit a predator in a hunter gatherer culture, you could now task him with carrying a watering bucket from the river to the fields all day. That dumbass died before agriculture. After, he could thrive. And in today's world, we hand him a microphone by paying him attention on the internet.
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Funny how you say all these things about the NFL when the league you follow and root for only allows about 5 teams out of 140 to win championships.
Ding, ding. We have a winner. And THAT league uses indentured servants to play the game.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Professional sports have way too much money wrapped up in them, which makes it too easy for them to be manipulated in some form of fashion. I don't subscribe to the WWE theory, but a few questionable things happened way too often in the NBA and the NFL. I Will tell you that if I am an owner and I have millions of dollars tied up in players' contracts and how much I get in games and merchandising. Why wouldn't we want to "take care of it" or at least have the big dogs eat first at the table?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Some people, when they lose, refuse to accept the loss and scream about the election game being rigged. Welcome to every competitive contest ever.
You’d have a point with elections if the last one didn’t involve all 5 swing states, who are supposed to have no relation to each other, shutting down at the exact same time to allow one candidate to overcome a statistical impossibility with mail-in ballots. I don’t get what some of y'all just refuse to see there, outside of sheer stupidly or gross naivety.

NFL? Who gives a 17. I would bat an eye of the entire concept folded.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You’d have a point with elections if the last one didn’t involve all 5 swing states, who are supposed to have no relation to each other, shutting down at the exact same time to allow one candidate to overcome a statistical impossibility with mail-in ballots. I don’t get what some of y'all just refuse to see there, outside of sheer stupidly or gross naivety.

NFL? Who gives a 17. I would bat an eye of the entire concept folded.
Definitely sheer stupidity for many, but there some pathological liars in there for sure.

Reactions: eckie1

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Or the owners want to promote a certain type of quarterback and the new rule is you can no longer touch the qb, he is magic, he can run all over like it’s flag football and you better get out of his way. Lol

Go back and watch 1985 , if a qb dares to get outside the pocket, his head, ribs and knees immediately get taken out. You win by knocking their qb out of the game. If he holds on to it too long after a pass, he gets annihilated. What it did was force the qb to stay in the pocket and read defenses. That’s no longer required.

I have seen opposing players get out of Mahomes way when he’s running with it. That’s not football.
Yea. Youtube has a video of him running for a td against Miami where the players don't tackle him.

Reactions: 85Bears

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
There’s no point in arguing with stupid. But there’s really no point in arguing with stupid and crazy. Let these two clowns live in the paranoid reality they’ve concocted. Gonna guess this isn’t the only conspiracy theory they believe.
I agree so I won't argue with you. Sorry to debate an issue on here when an NFL player brings it up. Sad that name calling starts.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Why would the players keep it a secret? They'd make money just as well in a non-scripted league. Do you think they all are really in on it and can keep their mouths shut? Some of the dumbest people on earth are in the NFL.
Why do wrestlers not talk about it?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
money GIF

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Yea. Youtube has a video of him running for a td against Miami where the players don't tackle him.
How long would Mahomes last in a game against the 85 Bears ? 2-3 minutes into the first quarter ? How would some of these dunces do if they had to read defenses and didn’t have flag football rules ? Not real football, it’s entertainment with bastardized rules.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Some people, when they lose, refuse to accept the loss and scream about the election game being rigged. Welcome to every competitive contest ever.
True, but not for me. I didn't even watch the Superbowl or any other games. I watched about 5 Dallas games and saw the official favor Dallas in 3 and their opponent in the other 2. When you are indifferent it becomes clearer.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
probably for the same reason why I don’t talk about how I have two legs. It’s just known and accepted by everyone around me because it is so easily seen.
There is no reason for me to strike up conversations with - 'hey, did you know I have 2 legs?'.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
probably for the same reason why I don’t talk about how I have two legs. It’s just known and accepted by everyone around me because it is so easily seen.
There is no reason for me to strike up conversations with - 'hey, did you know I have 2 legs?'.
That's true now but for years it was like the NFL. People acted the same when it was postulated that wrestling was fixed or scripted.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I watched just a few games this year when Dak played. I saw players intentionally miss tackles, holding calls that were suspect while no holding calls right in front of officials, and secondary player break off coverage to leave receivers wide open. It was enough for me to quit watching again and Dallas was winning. Too much money is changing hands with every game for it to remain pure. Y'all keep watching and enjoy the flat earth experience. That's entertainment!
Podcast Preach GIF

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That's true now but for years it was like the NFL. People acted the same when it was postulated that wrestling was fixed or scripted.
You asked a question, a dumb one in my opinion, and I gave you an honest and respectful answer.
You then agree with the answer and immediately pivot with a 'but' and try to shift the goalposts.

You didn't ask about how wrestling was 50 years ago so I didn't answer with consideration to how wrestling was 50 years ago.
Since I was 10, I've known wwf/e is heavily scripted, so that's going back to the start of the 90s.
I really don't know how people acted in your fantasy world where they found out wrestling was scripted, but to compare it to what you are spewing here with the NFL is absurd.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Because you asked, "Why would the players keep it secret?"
Which remains an unanswered question. Unless you want to tell me all the NFL players are in on it. That all the scouting and drafting is an act and the most talented players in high school and college make it to highest level not bc of their football talent, but bc they coincidentally are also the best actors without loose lips. It's not even remotely possible to keep it a secret. As far as wrasslers, there's nothing to keep secret.

Reactions: StateCollege

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Which remains an unanswered question. Unless you want to tell me all the NFL players are in on it. That all the scouting and drafting is an act and the most talented players in high school and college make it to highest level not bc of their football talent, but bc they coincidentally are also the best actors without loose lips. It's not even remotely possible to keep it a secret. As far as wrasslers, there's nothing to keep secret.
Wow, you sure read a lot into what little I and and an NFL player said! Simply posted what he said and said after watching I agree with him. Do I know the methodology that the NFL uses? No, but I will say that I got a similar response years ago when I said on Gene's page that players were being paid in college football. We all know what was going on now. I knew when I posted this y'all would go berserk.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Not just players. Think how many people are around the team, in the locker room, attending practice. They got medical staff, video folks and interns all “on the take” to keep the big secret under wraps?? Can you imagine how many millions of dollars TMZ would pay for one of these alleged game scripts?

Not to mention, like 10 starting QBs went down with season ending injuries this year. They need to get these actors under control and stick to the script!****

Reactions: ckDOG and patdog

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Not just players. Think how many people are around the team, in the locker room, attending practice. They got medical staff, video folks and interns all “on the take” to keep the big secret under wraps?? Can you imagine how many millions of dollars TMZ would pay for one of these alleged game scripts?

Not to mention, like 10 starting QBs went down with season ending injuries this year. They need to get these actors under control and stick to the script!****
You’re overthinking it. All it takes is an officiating crew and some money. Neither team has to be complicit in the take for there to be a take.

The Cowboys looked like deer in the headlights before their playoff game and they were absolutely destroyed by the refs in the first half. They apparently had the courtesy of knowing they were done beforehand. That was unnerving.

State has had many better teams than Bama in most every sport that have fallen victim to the same shít. Same as against KY in basketball.

It really isn’t a hard concept. Definitely not worthy of ridicule.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
You’re overthinking it. All it takes is an officiating crew and some money. Neither team has to be complicit in the take for there to be a take.

The Cowboys looked like deer in the headlights before their playoff game and they were absolutely destroyed by the refs in the first half. They apparently had the courtesy of knowing they were done beforehand. That was unnerving.

State has had many better teams than Bama in most every sport that have fallen victim to the same shít. Same as against KY in basketball.

There's a very large step from nefarious individuals trying to rig a game with the risk of all the criminal implications, bans, fines, etc. that comes with it to a full fledged scripting of outcomes that would require the coordination of hundreds of people that would be thrown under a jail cell if they got busted. This thread wasn't about occasional shenanigans- it was about full fledged fiction.

Reactions: StateCollege

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020

Vegas has been playing with the line for years, anyone who has gambled a little and watched games knows this. NFL INC. has just taken it to a whole new level.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
You asked a question, a dumb one in my opinion, and I gave you an honest and respectful answer.
You then agree with the answer and immediately pivot with a 'but' and try to shift the goalposts.

You didn't ask about how wrestling was 50 years ago so I didn't answer with consideration to how wrestling was 50 years ago.
Since I was 10, I've known wwf/e is heavily scripted, so that's going back to the start of the 90s.
I really don't know how people acted in your fantasy world where they found out wrestling was scripted, but to compare it to what you are spewing here with the NFL is absurd.
It started with an ex NFL player spewing it. Maybe you are living in the fantasy land. I'm done with the NFL so I'm not living in that world.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It started with an ex NFL player spewing it. Maybe you are living in the fantasy land. I'm done with the NFL so I'm not living in that world.
You sound more bonkers with each additional post you make.

We are now at the point where you are basically 'just asking questions'...which is a weak attempt to cover the crazy and baseless claims you have already made.

But sure, it may be me that's in a fantasy land. I can't prove I am not, so in your mind that means you have a point with this.
Brilliant.**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login