Not OT: Tax return just hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I'm using my state refund to pay most of what I owe federal. Looks like another year of driving the old ram with 340,000 miles on it.

Reactions: eckie1

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Any of you boys that don’t think you’re paying your fair share of the tax burden, let me suggest getting yourself a small business.

Holy CRAP.
I’m not gonna start a war here because I’m sure you are not this way. When I used to work at the CU, I had several small businesses that would complain to me when they were denied loans because their tax forms showed revenue that was way less than what they really made. Sorry I don’t feel bad for someone that can hide a 1/3 of their taxable income. Again, I realize most small business owners are not this shady.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
First engine. Second transmission.
Just hit 222222 on the work 2500. Second transmission, second rear end, second turbo (variable pitch blades 🤷🏻‍♂️), second intercooler(mac hack sucks), numerous brake jobs and all manner of weird electrical issues. Just like the Dodge trucks I remember from the 80s. Whole thing is falling apart around the engine, that still goes. Wish they would apply the same attention towards the rest of their design.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Just hit 222222 on the work 2500. Second transmission, second rear end, second turbo (variable pitch blades 🤷🏻‍♂️), second intercooler(mac hack sucks), numerous brake jobs and all manner of weird electrical issues. Just like the Dodge trucks I remember from the 80s. Whole thing is falling apart around the engine, that still goes. Wish they would apply the same attention towards the rest of their design.
I've probably replaced everything other than the engine more times than I care to remember. My brake lights have been on for years. It's some kind of module that's been discontinued.

Reactions: Fritz!

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am hoping some dumbass theft steals my return so he will pay what I owe.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
I'm gone be buying some IRS m17ers some steak dinners and weekends in Vegas with what I'm gonna be paying April 15. 17 them m17ers.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
I’m not gonna start a war here because I’m sure you are not this way. When I used to work at the CU, I had several small businesses that would complain to me when they were denied loans because their tax forms showed revenue that was way less than what they really made. Sorry I don’t feel bad for someone that can hide a 1/3 of their taxable income. Again, I realize most small business owners are not this shady.
No war here, friend. I 100% agree with you.

Reactions: mcdawg22

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I remember reading revised reports that there were 22MM undocumented/illegal people in the US back in in 2018 or so.
Based on the surge in amnesty requests and crossings these last few years, I would have figured there are more now.
But your meme says otherwise, and your memes have a history of accuracy so they should be trusted.**

Anyways...
- undocumented/illegal people pay sales tax.
- undocumented/illegal people pay property tax, even if they are renting.
- many undocumebted/illegal people pay into SS and the other auto withdrawal programs, and many of those will not access the benefits later on.
- those who are seeking asylum are able to work after 180 days and pay into the system.

Our immigration policies are archaic, confusing, and slow to change. Southern border crossing is once again a prominent issue in society and politics, and it is once again a blame game where neither side is genuinely interested or able to create meaningful and beneficial change for society.
Despite all that, your meme sucks.

This would be good to at least skim, if you want to read about what the SSA estimates for contributions by the undocumented/illegal.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
One of my favorite things I’ve heard is getting mad at the IRS agent is like yelling at the cashier for the price of milk at Walmart. They didn’t set the price, Congress did.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I remember reading revised reports that there were 22MM undocumented/illegal people in the US back in in 2018 or so.
Based on the surge in amnesty requests and crossings these last few years, I would have figured there are more now.
But your meme says otherwise, and your memes have a history of accuracy so they should be trusted.**

Anyways...
- many undocumebted/illegal people pay into SS and the other auto withdrawal programs, and many of those will not access the benefits later on.
- those who are seeking asylum are able to work after 180 days and pay into the system.

Our immigration policies are archaic, confusing, and slow to change. Southern border crossing is once again a prominent issue in society and politics, and it is once again a blame game where neither side is genuinely interested or able to create meaningful and beneficial change for society.

This would be good to at least skim, if you want to read about what the SSA estimates for contributions by the undocumented/illegal.
"people pay property tax, even if they are renting"

I own some rental property. My tenants don't pay the real estate taxes . . . at least not directly.

Explain?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Before I sold my business, it was a partnership, we each got a third. I got a third, he got a third, and the various tax’s got a third. It wasn’t a cash business so we couldn’t hide money. We took full advantage of any tax deferred retirement savings available. The business income taxes really didn’t piss me off but the local municipal taxes did. We bought an abandoned warehouse that had been built originally in the county but at some point had been annexed by the city. We cleaned it up, repaired the building and you’d thought we’d built a mall or something. The property taxes tripled once we moved in and then they hit us with inventory taxes. Come to find out the property had never been swapped to city services, everything was still connected to county services.

• Angry
Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011

I own some rental property. My tenants don't pay the real estate taxes . . . at least not directly.

Explain?
A lot of states have annual personal property taxes, lawn mowers, four wheelers, trailers, etc are taxed annually irregardless of whether you own or rent the home.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

Anyways...

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

Explain?
They pay you, you pay the property taxes. It’s baked in to the rent they pay.
It’s not exactly a 1:1 because as you know, you’d be paying those property taxes whether they were rented or not.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Explain?
You set rent to account for many things, one being the tax on that property.
The renter pays you and you take a small portion of the rent and pay taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login