Not sure if Germans but 16 min mark…

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Just out of curiosity, why do y’all believe Deion would be awful? He is currently getting 4 and 5* guys to go to Jackson State. What would he be able to do with an SEC recruiting budget and get a lot more attention on the players. I get the worry about his coaching ability against sec teams but there is no question within 2 years we would have more talent on our roster than we’ve had recently

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Finebaum is the least plugged-in person when it comes to Mississippi State. He is not a friend of State and I don’t trust a word that comes out his mouth.

There is no one clamoring for Deion at State. And I do not believe Deion would want the job. I think he’s ready to get out of MS.

Last edited:

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
To be honest , there is no way Deion has earned a sec HC job after three years in the swac.

more than likely Charles is pushing this for his friend. j s u has a roster full of P5 players playing against teams with scrubs. They have nil money and nobody else in the swat does. So there isn’t any great feat of brilliant coaching going on.

Almost every head coach in the sec has spent years and years as a position coach and then graduated to coordinator at many levels before getting a sec job.

I could see Deion going to a P5 school, but I just can’t see an sec school taking him yet without more experience.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I’m just saying, getting the players is half the battle and he has for sure proved that getting top recruits to jsu.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
As long as he wins, I don't care.
He could do it, but it would have to be a school that has the budget to hire two top notch offensive and defensive coordinators, and a boatload of nil money. He could do better than jimbo with that. But at a school without the nil money or budget to hire and keep top of and dc, he would be a disaster.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He could do it, but it would have to be a school that has the budget to hire two top notch offensive and defensive coordinators, and a boatload of nil money. He could do better than jimbo with that. But at a school without the nil money or budget to hire and keep top of and dc, he would be a disaster.
He has a lot of rich friends and many of them would do what they would have to do to make him successful. I suspect our NIL would go out the roof if Dion was our coach.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
He has a lot of rich friends and many of them would do what they would have to do to make him successful. I suspect our NIL would go out the roof if Dion was our coach.
I don’t know, that’s quite a guess. Every school in the sec has alums richer than Deion’s friends.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I would not be surprised if Leach got fired after losing the Egg Bowl. The glass has been broken when we fired a coach after winning the Egg Bowl and getting Miss State to two consecutive bowl games. Keenum is a sports fan and is well respected at the NCAA. He is after all over the committee looking into playoff expansion. He might actually have more control than we know. Maybe that's why our last two AD's have left. I am just speculating and have no insight. Just normal message board bull shitting.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
I would not be surprised if Leach got fired after losing the Egg Bowl. The glass has been broken when we fired a coach after winning the Egg Bowl and getting Miss State to two consecutive bowl games. Keenum is a sports fan and is well respected at the NCAA. He is after all over the committee looking into playoff expansion. He might actually have more control than we know. Maybe that's why our last two AD's have left. I am just speculating and have no insight. Just normal message board bull shitting.
Wasn’t Jomo fired for off the field stuff ?
im just speculating and have no insight either

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Also there’s a lot of outside support being at an HBCU that he doesn’t get at a mid tier Power 5 school.

It would be hilarious to see him run the exact same offense at State.
arkansas Has Walmart, Tyson and jerry Jones, auburn has a billionaire booster. I don’t think Deion’s friends are going to suddenly make us a nil rich school.

A school with a small budget and low nil is going to survive on a coach’s xs and Os and coaching experience. That doesn’t sound like a good fit for Deion. I could see him succeeding at atm, if he bought two notch coordinators and used their nil funds.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Most believe Charles was referring to T4&8. Prior to this season, I didn't think there was any way Jimbo would get fired, now I'm not so sure.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Well, if you believe the stupid *** rumor going around now Leach is retiring on Friday and Mullen will be announced on Sunday.
I think there is a better chance that I will be announced as the next Head Ball Coach at Mississippi State on Monday than Dopey Dan. The dude is a multimillionaire in his early 50s with a nice paying network tv gig. I am not saying Mullen never coaches again, but I can without a doubt say he will never coach a Mississippi State again.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Finebaum is the least plugged-in person when it comes to Mississippi State. He is not a friend of State and I don’t trust a word that comes out his mouth.

There is no one clamoring for Deion at State. And I do not believe Deion would want the job. I think he’s ready to get out of MS.
Finebaum wouldn’t shut up stirring the pot about Dan Mullen should leave MSU. He of course said Florida would be back if they hired Mullen and promoted Mullen to Florida from offseason of 14-15 forward.

I love how Finebaum skated from any ridicule about that disaster of a prediction.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

TorchingTime

Aug 25, 2012
So in other words, Matt Barrie is going to spend the entire game talking about how Mike Leach could be fired and who we, with an interim AD, will hire rather than talking about Kiffin possibly going to Auburn. Got it.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Just out of curiosity, why do y’all believe Deion would be awful? He is currently getting 4 and 5* guys to go to Jackson State. What would he be able to do with an SEC recruiting budget and get a lot more attention on the players. I get the worry about his coaching ability against sec teams but there is no question within 2 years we would have more talent on our roster than we’ve had recently
Well I will add this, who have we had that actually wins against SEC foes? Other than Arkansas, Kentucky, and Auburn, who are we consistently beating? Not Bama, not LSU, not GA, not UM.

I would take Deion that would bring in top talent over those guys, because until we do, we may catch one of those 4 each year, but the other 3 if we played them would get us. WE just do not have the horses.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
This is an organized effort to fire Leach and bring in an unqualified inexperienced swac coach. Professional PR firm at work.

Make your voice heard if this stupid move is forced on our program. It would be a disaster.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Name all those 4/5 star guys. He's gotten like 1 or 2. He built that team (who hasn't played a damn soul) from transfers as much as anything.
But there's no doubt he can get NIL money.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I’m just saying, getting the players is half the battle and he has for sure proved that getting top recruits to jsu.
He won't have one of his main recruiting pitches here, "Come make a difference in the HBCU". He won't have the same advantage against SEC teams that he does SWAC teams.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login