Now if wifey would leave for a couple of days

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
semi OT. I'd love for the term wifey to be dropped from public consciousness for eternity. I cringe. It must be a me issue because I've seen dudes wearing shirts that say as much. I'm a little embarrassed that I typed it. Can't we all just agree to get back to "better half" or if she isn't that the "old battle axe" should suffice?

View attachment 496168
Wifey

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Yes. Hubby is dumb and sounds like the guy’s name down at the alternator shop who eats the grease under his fingernails.

Also on the dumbass scale is “DH, DD, DS” abbreviations for Dear Husband, Dear Daughter, etc.
Don't think we are talking about dumb. I was talking about being offensive. Lotta shite is dumb, doesn't make it offensive.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Don't think we are talking about dumb. I was talking about being offensive. Lotta shite is dumb, doesn't make it offensive.
After you pass enough years being married, you don't care what you refer to each other as long as it's not prefaced by a swearword.

I use "wife" sometimes when I type, not very often and If I'm saying it out, I referred to her as the boss.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
We have friends who are huge Disney fans, to the point that they spent over $40,000 on permanent passes and something akin to a Disney timeshare. They go 5-6 times a year. They have invited us many times and we finally went with them last year. They know every secret. When to go, where to go, secret bathrooms, how to get past lines at the rides, how to get in restaurants. It was a pretty amazing trip even though we aren’t Disney fans. Both of them are college graduates and professionals. Yes they wore matching shirts every day and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. It was a fun trip.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login