Now on to important relevant subjects...Hot Lips died.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
In the interest of not making younguns here read minds, Hot Lips is the actress Sally Kellerman, who played Hot Lips in the Mash movie, directed by the great Robert Altman. She was 84 and had dementia.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
In the interest of not making younguns here read minds, Hot Lips is the actress Sally Kellerman, who played Hot Lips in the Mash movie, directed by the great Robert Altman. She was 84 and had dementia.

Our fathers probably thought she was quite the filly in their younger days.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I know I did...

Signed: Major Frank Burns

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I was only 8 when the movie came out and 10 when the series started. I hated them, both. I was expecting shooting, blood and guts, etc at that age and it was more of a comedy.

I didn't really understand it and start watching it until I came to MSU in '82. My whole suite would watch it every night at 6:00 before trudging up the hill from Suttle to The Perry for dinner, and we never missed it. It is truly one of the greatest series ever if you really watch and try to understand it. Alan Alda was on campus a couple years ago at Lee Hall and I regret not going. I still watch it a few times a week and after all these years still see new things I missed in the dozens of times I've already seen the episode. RIP Hot Lips. Never realized how much she looks like Loretta Swit either till I watched that clip w/ Rodney Dangerfield.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He leans pretty far left from everything I have read and seen and it showed in some of the episodes

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He leans pretty far left from everything I have read and seen and it showed in some of the episodes

I listened to him on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast. His political leanings are understandable after listening to his life story, but he did say that Wayne Rogers and Mike Farrell (his two sidekicks) were both dear friends even though they were very different people. We probably need more of that these days.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I listened to him on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast. His political leanings are understandable after listening to his life story, but he did say that Wayne Rogers and Mike Farrell (his two sidekicks) were both dear friends even though they were very different people. We probably need more of that these days.

1) a guy with a voice like Gilbert Godfrey has a pod cast
2) After Wayne Rogers retired from acting, he went on to have a very successful investing and money management career. I really enjoyed watching him on Cashin’ In on Saturday mornings.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
1) a guy with a voice like Gilbert Godfrey has a pod cast
2) After Wayne Rogers retired from acting, he went on to have a very successful investing and money management career. I really enjoyed watching him on Cashin’ In on Saturday mornings.

Amazing huh?? He does talk in a harsh tone, but the over the top voice is an act (he is a comic after all). He's also got a co-host who does most of the talking and is a pro.

I love it. If you have any interest in old Hollywood, classic Sci Fi and Horror films or just classic TV and film in general it's a great listen.

It helps if you're north of 45 years old.

Wayne Rogers lived out his later years in Destin. I was staying in the condo he lived in and met him by the pool once. Very nice guy. Modest and down to earth.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login