$NVDA’s run is no where near over..

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
It’s up 23% in 2024 alone. You could make the case they have the most valuable product in the history of economics.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Goodness, they're up 251% in the past year. Knew they'd been doing well but no idea it was that kinda heater.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Happy Democratic Party GIF by The Democrats

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
I’ve seen it all before, it’s going to end in tears. But it could go much higher before going lower.

Reactions: Boom Boom

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I plan to ride this wave for a few years and see where it goes. Who knows where it will end up but this is one of those stocks that has the potential to create a lot of investor wealth if things go right for this company. Got in pretty low so risk is minimal. I think this is one worth a roll of the dice. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So, I actually think I have some of this in my IRA. I ain't the best with the stock market, so we talking about NVIDIA? The name is recognizable....what's the story? Why is it controversial?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Reactions: OG Goat Holder

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
It's the only stock that I bought on the advice of motleyfool that us up from 2021. Well they also said Apple but I already had that. Every other stock they recommend is down an average of 80%.

• Wow
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
It's the only stock that I bought on the advice of motleyfool that us up from 2021. Well they also said Apple but I already had that. Every other stock they recommend is down an average of 80%.
Their name checks out....

Reactions: 57stratdawg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
So, I actually think I have some of this in my IRA. I ain't the best with the stock market, so we talking about NVIDIA? The name is recognizable....what's the story? Why is it controversial?
They’re a chip maker specifically for AI applications.

It’s like they’re the largest weapons manufacturer in the world, and WW3, WW4 and WW5 are all expected to breakout in the coming years.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I casually read The Fool. I’ve bought several of their recommended stocks through the years. I do my own research before I buy but I’ve been fairly successful with their picks. Synopsis and One Oak are two that come to mind. I’ve been riding Nvidia since it was $200 a share. It’s going up Monday too.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
I bought Vanguard Information Technology ETF a few years ago in the IRA - top three shares are Apple, MS, and Nvidia. Net expense ratio of .1%. Its up 180% over the last 5 years.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
It’s the flagship bubble stock in the current cycle. Not that the company doesn’t have merits, the valuation is just silly, and silly valuations tend to get more silly, so I will remain on the sidelines for now.

AI is going through its hype and misallocation of capital phase, and NVDA is king. Reality will eventually set in, and valuations will overcorrect to the downside. The space will be neglected for 3-5 years , then all of the AI promises will come to fruition. That will be the time I attempt to play it from the long side. I would wager the leader in the space 10-15 years from now is some company no one has heard of, not Nvidia, OpenAI, etc.

To reiterate, no reason the stock couldn’t double from here; I ain’t playin it for now.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

revereno

Jun 17, 2014
Bought back in 2014 and made it my largest individual holding then based on the breakdown of Moore's law. Still my largest holding and will continue to hold. It's a well run company and Jensen is a fantastic CEO.

I don't worry about valuations too much. I want companies that have great management, have a strong economic moat with a product that will continue to be in demand for the forseeable future. The rest usually takes care of itself.

Last edited:

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Up another 2%+ today and 1.5% after the markets closed. Super Micro “blowout” earning report keeping the whole AI train roaring.

$NVDA is nearly 7% since I started this thread.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I don't worry about valuations too much. I want companies that have great management, have a strong economic moat with a product that will continue to be in demand for the forseeable future. The rest usually takes care of itself.
So fossil fuel companies?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

If you want to ban federal officeholders from trading stocks/ bonds, I'm in agreement with you. I believe they're entire portfolio should go into some kind of blind trust.

As we sit here today, that's not the case. Nvidia hasn't been much of a secret for a long while now, and plenty of people have made big money from them. Pelosi has also been wealthy for a long while, $1m isn't life changing money for her. What's the story here?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If you want to ban federal officeholders from trading stocks/ bonds, I'm in agreement with you. I believe they're entire portfolio should go into some kind of blind trust.

As we sit here today, that's not the case. Nvidia hasn't been much of a secret for a long while now, and plenty of people have made big money from them. Pelosi has also been wealthy for a long while, $1m isn't life changing money for her. What's the story here?
My question is how many Congressmen and Women are giving insider information to friends and family. I believe that is illegal.

Reactions: CEO2044

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

I think the story is that she has a reputation for doing so well on stock picks that it appears she is able to act on insider information. Her record is really good. I don’t believe you aren’t aware of how well she does in the market. I don’t believe she isn’t doing anything other elected officials aren’t doing. I don’t like that any of them may be doing this. I like your blind trust idea, but that won’t happen.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
She’s been picking “nvidia’s” for decades. Look it up.
Look, I get viscerally despising a politician - I promise I do. Absent some rigorous guardrails and oversight (which, again, sign me up) and/or overhauling how we tax stock trades and wealth in general (maybe some ideas are good; some are not) , I'm not sure what you want to see happen here? An extremely wealthy person got more wealthy? Welcome to America.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack
Aug 18, 2009
The problem is that she, and other politicians of all shapes, sizes, and political affiliations, have gotten filthy, dirty rich just from being in Congress. It's not always, or even usually, just rich people getting richer. Specifically related to Pelosi and $NVDA, though, it's an issue when she or other members of congress make large transactions in a stock like this just to have the news subsequently come out that some big new advancement or trade deal involving that company has been signed. Here, allegedly, the Chinese President visits her state, she buys NVDA within the next week, then 6 days later news breaks that NVDA has developed a chip designed to get around US restrictions on trade with China. Imagine that! What fortuitous timing!

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
If she or any other member have done something illegal, light their *** up. Sign me up for increasing scrutiny. Crony capitalism is BS.
I do believe that’s what this tweet was pointing at, and you replied with “so what’s the story”. Sounded like you didn’t care if Pelosi is part of the crony capitalism. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your posts.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login