Nvidia up 15% today

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
My "disciplined" investing left me with 50% of my original position, but I've learned that a quick way to go broke is just trying to time the market...

Reactions: Dawgg and dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
My "disciplined" investing left me with 50% of my original position, but I've learned that a quick way to go broke is just trying to time the market...
I have a few shares and continue to hold them... in my Vanguard funds.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I meant to bump the old thread. I think they’re the most valuable company in the world, possibly behind Microsoft. NVDA’s earnings reports yesterday was basically a circlejerk.

In fairness, it had slipped some in the last few days of trading. Now up 59% in 2024 alone. 277% since 2/22/23.

Reactions: dorndawg

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
We bought in a couple of years ago and plan to just ride it for the next 2-3 years before we even think about selling any of it. It will have some ups and downs but this is one of those rare opportunities where you have a chance to make some significant money eventually.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
That catapults them past Amazon for #3 on market cap, behind only Apple and Microsoft. Congrats to all who bought in.

I was late to the party on NVIDIA. I know it breaks all the rules to buy high but thinking about buying in. Can some of your expert forecasters weight in? What's the forecast here?

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I was late to the party on NVIDIA. I know it breaks all the rules to buy high but thinking about buying in. Can some of your expert forecasters weight in? What's the forecast here?
My opinion FWIW (little on this, I don't understand all the tech), is that a perfect storm of high crypto, AI demand, and the booming Biden economy has pushed demand for their products through the roof. I think AI is overrated and the current purchasers will be disappointed in their returns and will scale back severely soon enough. If that combines with a crypto downturn or general economic downturn, then demand for their products will crater and so will earnings and stock price.

• Haha
Reactions: JackShephard

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
My opinion FWIW (little on this, I don't understand all the tech), is that a perfect storm of high crypto, AI demand, and the booming Biden economy has pushed demand for their products through the roof. I think AI is overrated and the current purchasers will be disappointed in their returns and will scale back severely soon enough. If that combines with a crypto downturn or general economic downturn, then demand for their products will crater and so will earnings and stock price.
I of course like what it's doing for the ol' portfolio these days, otherwise I actively root against AI.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login