O.T. Any Y'all got any experience leasing rural MS Farmland to Cell Tower Companies?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Sorry for the O.T. but I own farmland in Leflore County that thankfully is not in the city of Itta Bena but right next to it. Google just wants to get me to sign up for offers and I was just wanting some specifics on the average going costs from people here at The Pack I would trust over scammers. I signed a lease 'bout 5 months ago and got $1K up front then the $50K Lump Sum is due in less than 90 days. No monthly income after that. I've got an out should I choose to execute if I find a better deal. Anybody in the know think I'm gettin' screwed?

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
Sorry for the O.T. but I own farmland in Leflore County that thankfully is not in the city of Itta Bena but right next to it. Google just wants to get me to sign up for offers and I was just wanting some specifics on the average going costs from people here at The Pack I would trust over scammers. I signed a lease 'bout 5 months ago and got $1K up front then the $50K Lump Sum is due in less than 90 days. No monthly income after that. I've got an out should I choose to execute if I find a better deal. Anybody in the know think I'm gettin' screwed?
Find a better deal..really do

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
You might get a deal for $75000 if you can wait that long. Be sure to get them to help you pay property taxes on their tower.

it happened to my father. He signed the lease for $50k. 6 months later, he was offered $75.

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Thanks Guys. Once I'm done with this I plan on maybe selling my 40 acres (no mule). Tired of the farming bidness. Especially how the Delta Farmers got screwed on this last deal.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Google?

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
By the way, I just paid attention for the first time to what your username actually says, and how is your profile picture not one of Tom Hagen?

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Thanks Guys. Once I'm done with this I plan on maybe selling my 40 acres (no mule). Tired of the farming bidness. Especially how the Delta Farmers got screwed on this last deal.
Also in Leflore county. Also a farmer. And also signed a tower lease.

I signed the longer term option. It’s just about risk. Your choice is more definite. My choice is much more lucrative. If it’s never built or actually leased, you win.

Also, please sell that land to a local farmer(preferably a 6 packer like myself), not an Northeastern based investment group that will screw the farmer.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login