Official PSU - Illinois 2024 game thread

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
WR threat wasn’t necessary tonight. It will come.
Hope so, but I don’t think that guy is on the roster. I like the multi TE looks that can block and catch, particularly with the twin headed RBs and an improving o line with a few NFL players on it. And Warren at least makes you account for him. But when we get out athleted by the elite teams on d you need that clutch WR threat/play.

PSUQbKeeper

Oct 12, 2021
it is really funny, I had heard multiple times, not just here but also on radio shows and such, that the spread was too high and often times the person thought it should be 9 to 12

so now we beat Illinois by 14 and it seems like a lot of people think that it was tougher than it should have been and that we should have beat them by more?

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
it is really funny, I had heard multiple times, not just here but also on radio shows and such, that the spread was too high and often times the person thought it should be 9 to 12

so now we beat Illinois by 14 and it seems like a lot of people think that it was tougher than it should have been and that we should have beat them by more?

The Denizens were super confident the spread would be covered.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021

And let’s not forget that Franklin can’t beat a ranked team, then he does and it wasn’t by enough. Some folks need to find a different hobby.

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021

The same ones who were throwing a fit we didn’t kick a FG, then who get mad when we try it and the kid misses? Those people?

Reactions: LB99

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
I do agree that the lack of a dependable kicker is a huge issue but the QB is confident and making the right reads the overwhelming majority of the time. He really only had that one boo boo where he threw instead of taking the easy 7 yards. They imposed their will tonight on the OL. I’ll take that every day and any day. On D, they need to clean up some things that are manageable.

They will compete in every game including OSU.

Dec 14, 2021
I've decided to be happy with a 21-7 wn over a ranked opponent with fixable issues.
Shutout Illinois for 54:26
Gave up 75 yards on the first drive, 144 yards the rest of the way.
Negatives:
Need a kicker
Too cute on offense sometimes (fixable)
Too many silly defensive penalties (fixable, I think)
Passing game needs to emerge (not willing to put it all on the WR's)
3rd & 3 out patterns for 2 yards.
Positives (no order):
Developed depth on the offensive line
Developing secondary depth
Can pound the run when needed
Will eventually loosen secondaries (I think)
Singleton & Allen
Zane Durant
Abdul Carter (I like when they move him around)
Use of the pistol (wouldn't mind seeing more of it)
Tyler Warren
Can see adjustments being made

med2659

Jul 23, 2022
Says troll boy. Show some discipline yourself and STFU
not a troll...just very sick and tired of D offsides, personal fouls and blocks in back when there was zero reason for it...things like that will cost you games, IF they can clean up these MENTAL mistakes, they will be fine, heck more than fine,...so STFU

Last edited:
Reactions: step.eng69
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login