Oh, MBB Won Another Game Tonight...

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
3 = a streak, 5+ game winning streaks turn the tables on others in the conference

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I guess I'm begrudging. I want our team to succeed, but I want it to be the real thing. I don't want to see Frank save his job only to flounder hereafter.

Yes, the concern is that we put a little streak together to save Frank's job, only to follow up with another 9 years of middling results.

Nevertheless, the team seems to be rounding into form.

Baltcock96

Joined Dec 11, 2001
Jan 28, 2022
Good win at Texas A&M. Two teams that plod along offensively but we were better tonight. Really good effort. About to hit a pretty tough stretch.
Who is this positive guy? Jk. Agree games get tougher. Next couple weeks are key.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Who is this positive guy? Jk. Agree games get tougher. Next couple weeks are key.
I try to be pragmatic. I mess with people a little bit and some of them can't take it. Some people are more emotionally invested in a particular sport or team. They can't take any irreverence toward that sport or team.

I myself think sports are for fun. Opinions of what constitutes fun differ from person to person. But I try to be pragmatic.

This is not an ultra-talented basketball team but they are working hard and achieving a measure of success. They might yet make something out of this season. They are coming to a critical juncture.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
So…..We’re ALL IN this thing together right King?🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️
No right-thinking person wants anything but the best for the university's teams. I just don't want to be fooled. Frank Martin, even if he has a Renaissance, is probably closer to the end than the beginning. It's time to Dance. Past time. He can't stumble into the Dance. Lots of people stumble into the NIT.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
Dance This Year or Out of Here!
I try to be pragmatic. I mess with people a little bit and some of them can't take it. Some people are more emotionally invested in a particular sport or team. They can't take any irreverence toward that sport or team.

I myself think sports are for fun. Opinions of what constitutes fun differ from person to person. But I try to be pragmatic.

This is not an ultra-talented basketball team but they are working hard and achieving a measure of success. They might yet make something out of this season. They are coming to a critical juncture.
Please! Don't bring us Miss Hope! Leave her in Georgia or wherever she is at the present time!

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
If you're talking a bar being set, then all Frank needs to do is win a game in the SEC Tourney, and make it into the NIT... If he makes it, then he will get a contract extension for another 10 years and clauses that we pay him triple if we fire him...
I have made such statements rather sarcastically, but honestly, making the NIT after the past several years should not get Frank anything. Now, if he can come back and Dance next year and things look bright, that would be time to consider it. If we hold off on extensions and raises and someone else wants him worse, then sayonara.