Ok, let's have "that" conversation...

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
First off, this was a great win for a number of reasons. Came from behind. Led by 2nd string QB. Coaches didn't turtle the offense when Pribula took over.

I was most concerned about this last point because of JF's track record of forcing the run, and based on the way Pribula looked on the initial drive (nervous... had many of us thinking about 2021 vs Iowa 🤢).

Huge credit to everyone for hanging in and *playing to win*. Huger credit to Pribula for making it look like he does this every week.

Alright. Ready?

WHAT IF...?

-Drew Allar can play next week BUT he's not 100%?
-Drew Allar CAN'T play next week?
-Drew Allar can play, and he IS 100%... or at least SAYS that he is?

I hesitate to say this but... the offense did kinda, sorta look pretty good with Pribula under center, no?

If Drew tries to play next week, how much leash does JF give him before Pribula gets a shot? Do we live and die with Allar?

Does this performance merit #9 getting more opportunities, in general, even if Allar is 100%?

Side note: I think Julian Fleming should be bumped down the depth chart to WR5. I know he made two catches that kept us alive @USC, but you have to consider the whole body of work.

It's hard to envision a scenario at this point where he is one of the best 11 guys on the field. 🫤

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
I think somewhere late in the 3rd quarter, Kotelnicki took the "option" part of the plays away to make things easier for Pribula. All kinds of problems the first two drives of the 2nd half, and then things started to click.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
First off, this was a great win for a number of reasons. Came from behind. Led by 2nd string QB. Coaches didn't turtle the offense when Pribula took over.

I was most concerned about this last point because of JF's track record of forcing the run, and based on the way Pribula looked on the initial drive (nervous... had many of us thinking about 2021 vs Iowa 🤢).

Huge credit to everyone for hanging in and *playing to win*. Huger credit to Pribula for making it look like he does this every week.

Alright. Ready?

WHAT IF...?

I hesitate to say this but... the offense did kinda, sorta look pretty good with Pribula under center, no?

If Drew tries to play next week, how much leash does JF give him before Pribula gets a shot? Do we live and die with Allar?

Does this performance merit #9 getting more opportunities, in general, even if Allar is 100%?

Side note: I think Julian Fleming should be bumped down the depth chart to WR5. I know he made two catches that kept us alive @USC, but you have to consider the whole body of work.

It's hard to envision a scenario at this point where he is one of the best 11 guys on the field. 🫤
If Allar is healthy there is no “conversation” to be had; none.

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
I assume #9 will be the starter next week. If that is the case I hope he practices the handoffs in the read-option this week. It looked shaky at times yesterday.
Beau played a heck of a game….better than could have been expected under tne circumstances…doubt it will be anywhere near good enough against O$U

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
They will both be on the field, lined up side by side. Snaps will be made to either depending on down and distance. Trust me. I know stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: step.eng69

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
I assume #9 will be the starter next week. If that is the case I hope he practices the handoffs in the read-option this week. It looked shaky at times yesterday.
I agree. Unless DA is really healthy there is no reason to rush him back. It sucks, but if you have your eyes on a bigger prize which they should you don't risk him if you don't have to. The haters will lose their mind if PSU loses next week regardless, but you have to do what is best long term for the team and Drew. You don't send out a hobbled QB to face tOSU...it's not sound to do so.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
They will both be on the field, lined up side by side. Snaps will be made to either depending on down and distance. Trust me. I know stuff.
That's the standard package. In the special package they'll be side by side and the snap will go to Tyler Warren,

Reactions: fairgambit

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021

Alright. Ready?

WHAT IF...?

If he’s healthy, he plays…end of discussion.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
That's the standard package. In the special package they'll be side by side and the snap will go to Tyler Warren,
FYI. I don’t know if anyone noticed, but on the second play at the goal line in the fourth when they lined Warren up at QB, Pribula was WIDE OPEN at the WR spot. Nobody covered him and if Warren throws the ball out to him, Beau could have done the moonwalk into the endzone.

Player2BNamedL8r

Oct 12, 2021
If he’s healthy, he plays…end of discussion.
I was more than pleased with Beau McSorley’s performance in a very clutch situation, but Allar is one of the most physically gifted QBs we’ve had in decades, and he appears to finally be turning a page with the mental aspect of the game in this year’s system. He’s got day 1 draft potential, so if he’s even close to ready, then it shouldn’t be much of a conversation about who will start. #9’s time is coming…just not quite yet if #15 is good to go this week.

Reactions: Ludd

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021

Alright. Ready?

WHAT IF...?

IMO there is no way that Allar will be 100%. My guess is that he won't even practice until Wednesday and that will be with no contact. I wouldn't be surprised to see Allar start but Pribula getting half the snaps.

Reactions: retsio

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Agree 100%. Doubt he will be though.
I'd like to see Allar but not at the risk of aggravating his injury. We need him for the home stretch vs Washington, Minny, Purdue, and Maryland. 10-1 should get us a home game. I'd sure hate to see us wind up with 2 losses.

Lionville

Oct 19, 2021
IMO there is no way that Allar will be 100%. My guess is that he won't even practice until Wednesday and that will be with no contact. I wouldn't be surprised to see Allar start but Pribula getting half the snaps.
I think it’s important that OSU has to prepare for both PSU QB’s this week.

Franklin needs to get QB #3 reps this week if Allar cannot go.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I'd like to see Allar but not at the risk of aggravating his injury. We need him for the home stretch vs Washington, Minny, Purdue, and Maryland. 10-1 should get us a home game. I'd sure hate to see us wind up with 2 losses.
Kind of agree. But I think we could beat Purdue with Warren or Grunk at QB. Beau is good enough to beat Washington and MD. Minny is going to be a tough game and we'll need some healthy players.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
I'd like to see Allar but not at the risk of aggravating his ioice but to accept njury. We need him for the home stretch vs Washington, Minny, Purdue, and Maryland. 10-1 should get us a home game. I'd sure hate to see us wind up with 2 losses.
We have no choice but to wear what fate will provide. But i won't forget the enjoyment this team has given me.

Reactions: LionJim

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
I think it’s important that OSU has to prepare for both PSU QB’s this week.

Franklin needs to get QB #3 reps this week if Allar cannot go.
Who is that third string QB? Tyler Warren? Just kidding. Is it Smolik or Grunkemeyer?

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
If Allar couldn't go in the 2nd half lastnight, then I doubt he'll be healed up for OSU. I think we're probably going to let him heal and give Pribula 1st team reps all week in order to get him ready for OSU. To be honest, I like our chances with either for different reasons.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
It’s unfortunate he hasn’t had a snap in college yet. I’d hate for that first one to be vs.
I'll find 600 things I'd be more concerned with than getting my third string QB game snaps. If both Allar and Pribula are injured, you hope to scrape by Purdue and perhaps Maryland.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login