Ok. The obvious. Prime

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The man has been talking **** and backing it up for decades.

For any idiot that ran their mouth saying he would never work in Starkville/sec etcetera…….. you don’t understand the player of the modern game.

Prime is going to be wildly successful and have his pick of jobs in less than 5 years.
He runs his mouth like he’s all show, but his team played very disciplined ball today. Big opponent on the road and Colorado was more prepared. I was impressed.

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I've seen another team go on the road, set passing records, and knock off a defending title game participant too. And in that case, it was the actual national champion. AND....just like TCU, that team also lost a ton off the previous year's team. That first game joy didn't last long.

I'll wait a little longer before I declare Prime the Saban of the new era.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I've seen another team go on the road, set passing records, and knock off a defending title game participant too. And in that case, it was the actual national champion. AND....just like TCU, that team also lost a ton off the previous year's team. That first game joy didn't last long.

But that sure was a fun game

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

I don’t think anyone is ready to declare Colorado a playoff contender, but they went 1-11 last year and have 68 new scholarship players. Just making a bowl game this year is a phenomenal achievement and they look clearly capable of that with a PAC 12 schedule.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

For any idiot that ran their mouth saying he would never work in Starkville/sec etcetera…….. you don’t understand the player of the modern game.

Prime is going to be wildly successful and have his pick of jobs in less than 5 years.
"Wildly successful".

Losses to Oregon, USC and Utah. Guessing 2 more losses in there as well.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Still time to pump the brakes.
Tcu returned 3 starters on offense. Not nearly the team they were last year.

But give Colorado and prime credit.

if he wins 6 games this year, it will be a GREAT season.

5 won’t be bad.

but he’s gonna need to win 6 or more this season and 8 or more next season before I’m ready to declare him a great sec hire.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don’t think anyone is ready to declare Colorado a playoff contender, but they went 1-11 last year and have 68 new scholarship players. Just making a bowl game this year is a phenomenal achievement and they look clearly capable of that with a PAC 12 schedule.
Agreed but going 6 and 6 this year doesn’t mean he’ll be the next Saban or close to it.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022

This might be your best post ever. And I completely agree. That team you speak of also lost to a team that had a new coach and had been down for years. Who is next on Colorado’s schedule? That’s right, Nebraska.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
If trajectory stays based on first games he might be at Florida
Florida is not going to hire one of FSU's most well known alums. I mean, maybe if he was just crazy successful over the next couple years.

It would be like us hiring Elijah Moore as HC.

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
TCU had 3 returning starters (I heard). Very impressive debut, but I will withhold judgement until he plays Oregon and USC.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
He runs his mouth like he’s all show, but his team played very disciplined ball today. Big opponent on the road and Colorado was more prepared. I was impressed.
Yesterday was a perfect storm of events for them. I still think Colorado is not going to be very good.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I loved the after game interview with him, he was emphatic about his football experience, because it seems as if certain media members were born after his last pro play.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Agreed but going 6 and 6 this year doesn’t mean he’ll be the next Saban or close to it.

Is anyone calling him the next Saban? I think the general premise is just that he’s doing a good coaching job at a place that has been a disaster in recent years. It’s all relative. Colorado has been to two bowl games in the last 15 years. They have been worse than Vandy until now. If you can win games there, you can coach.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
From ESPN:

Sure, this wasn't last year's TCU. That team was like the guitar solo in "Free Bird" -- chaotic, rollicking, lasting far longer than it had any right to, but never truly earning the respect of the cultured class of critics. But those Frogs had a host of NFL-caliber players. This year's team -- well, it's a little like seeing Skynyrd today. There's no one from the original band left.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It would be like us hiring Elijah Moore as HC.

Does not compute. Elijah Moore has been an honorary Bulldog in my book for 4 years running. He’s easily our most successful NFL WR of the past 25 years or so.

Maybe after he retires from the league, we can at least bring him back for a home game to present him with an honorary diploma from the Theatre / Fine Arts department for his heroics in 2019.

Reactions: drumrcraig

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Nobody is talking about TSU guy.
I'm game to talk about a Texas State gal though...
1000011221.jpg

The new coach is just using the Fighting Armadillos old Hollywood script.** Completely overlooked and underrated football movie.

Necessary Roughness GIF

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Kathy Ireland should have been a receiver in that movie to make it better**
That or snapper. I think we'd all love to see that snapper in action. I'd definitely audible and get up under center and try to sneak it in.**

ETA: 17 me. We really are pervs huh?

• Haha
Reactions: DerHntr
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login