OK we know who the playoff teams are...who plays who...nm

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I don’t care who gets ranked where - but semis have to be Bama / Cincy and Ga/ Mich

Why would you guarantee a rematch of Bama/ga in the semis? Making them both win a game at least gives you an opportunity to avoid a rematch altogether.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I get that Bama beat the better opponent yesterday, but they were #3 coming in. Number 2 Michigan absolutely leveled Iowa coming off an impressive win over then #2 Ohio State. They are peaking at the right time. I see the committee going with:

1 - Michigan
2 - Alabama
3 - Cincinnati
4 - Georgia

I don't think Georgia in its current state beats Michigan, so that's the best chance at avoiding an SEC final outside making them play in the semifinals.

That’s not how the CFP rankings work….its based off the exact body of work up to the point in time, and updates accordingly with new data. That’s exactly how its intended to be different from the normal polls, where teams could never be leapfrogged until they lost.

With the final data available, Bama’s resume is just better than Michigan. A lot better. Iowa will not even be Top 15 in the final rankings….they are comparable to a Texas A&M, NC State, or Arkansas type team. Michigan has one big win over Ohio State….nothing really special beyond that. Bama beat another CFP team, as well as another Top 8 team in Ole Miss. They also have 8 other wins against bowl teams, 7 of which had 7 wins or more. And of course, they finished as league champion in the toughest conference, with the same record as Michigan.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login