Okla State S&C coach makes $1M annually

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Highest paid in the country at his position. When will the madness end on football salaries? At these levels, amateur athletics is getting to be farther and farther back in the rear view mirror. I guess we'll just have to sit back and watch college football crater under its own weight.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is why you can't get mad about players getting some money. The money is there.

The crazy thing is that there is really that much money in it. Where I get pissed off is that they want nobodies like me to fund this madness. Can't do it. I buy tickets, go to games, and spend money in Starkville. That's my support and happy to do it, but I can't go above that.

Then the portal....can't argue with that either. Coaches come and go, regular students come and go. It is what it is. The problem is these things should have been integrated over time, but instead the baby boomer 'leaders' we have right now suppressed it for 20 years then folded under the COVID pressure all at one time.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
This is why you can't get mad about players getting some money. The money is there.

The crazy thing is that there is really that much money in it. Where I get pissed off is that they want nobodies like me to fund this madness. Can't do it. I buy tickets, go to games, and spend money in Starkville. That's my support and happy to do it, but I can't go above that.

Then the portal....can't argue with that either. Coaches come and go, regular students come and go. It is what it is. The problem is these things should have been integrated over time, but instead the baby boomer 'leaders' we have right now suppressed it for 20 years then folded under the COVID pressure all at one time.
Who are the Baby Boomers that caved?

FQDawg

May 1, 2006

It wasn't covid related. It was lawsuit related - some of which have been in the works for years. O'Bannon vs. NCAA was filed in 2009.

But you're right about the other part... the NCAA (i.e., the schools) could have gotten in front of this a long time ago but chose to stick their heads in the sand, assuming they could keep operating the same way they'd always operated. They didn't and as soon as they lost a couple of those lawsuits, all hell broke loose and they weren't really prepared for it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Who are the Baby Boomers that caved?
Baby boomers are about what, all 55-75 year olds right now? Basically make up the majority of the leadership in this country at present.

Don't get in your feels. Just reality.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It wasn't covid related. It was lawsuit related - some of which have been in the works for years. O'Bannon vs. NCAA was filed in 2009.

But you're right about the other part... the NCAA (i.e., the schools) could have gotten in front of this a long time ago but chose to stick their heads in the sand, assuming they could keep operating the same way they'd always operated. They didn't and as soon as they lost a couple of those lawsuits, all hell broke loose and they weren't really prepared for it.
COVID pressure. I didn't mean it was caused by COVID.

Everybody sitting at home, nothing to do, outrage was at all time highs. A lot of change forced into a small window of time. Folks had been holding back change for a long time and dam broke behind the pressure. Just like the state flag, riots, etc.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Baby boomers are about what, all 55-75 year olds right now? Basically make up the majority of the leadership in this country at present.

Don't get in your feels. Just reality.
Change that to 58. Dec 1964 is the last baby boomers. There's probably more Gen X running things. However, that fat *** FTX cat is what the next Generation is going to be like.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login