Oklahoma OC Fired

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
I'm assuming his part of the co-coordinator responsibilities was the OL.
Our OL is just as bad, but we get crickets on making a change.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Real world translation: Venables (or whatever his name is) taking a page right out of Dablo's playbook. Gotta be a sacrificial lamb somewhere.

Reactions: 3USC1801

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
I'm assuming his part of the co-coordinator responsibilities was the OL.
Our OL is just as bad, but we get crickets on making a change.
I'm just as frustrated as you - my only solace is knowing Beamer cannot keep ignoring the actual stats..... Someone else said we ranked 1st in sacks allowed. Beamer might ignore the fans, but he doesn't ignore the stats. He knows. He will be forced to make a change. It's coming.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
I'm just as frustrated as you - my only solace is knowing Beamer cannot keep ignoring the actual stats..... Someone else said we ranked 1st in sacks allowed. Beamer might ignore the fans, but he doesn't ignore the stats. He knows. He will be forced to make a change. It's coming.
Beamer has to get over that ''loyalty thing'' when it impacts the team and his job.
If Teasley had the same loyalty to Beamer, he would resign and make it easy for him.

Reactions: I4CtheFuture

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
If Lonnie Teasley isn't fired this off-season... SMDH

If Dowell Loggains isn't fired... SMH
Teasley gotta go. Loggains may eventually, but there ain’t many play callers that could call a consistent games with our OL play. I know he could scheme and all, but you can only run so many screens to beat a rush.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Teasley gotta go. Loggains may eventually, but there ain’t many play callers that could call a consistent games with our OL play. I know he could scheme and all, but you can only run so many screens to beat a rush.
Last year, the arguments to keep Teasley were that he is a great recruiter and the OL was riddled with injuries.

What argument could be offered this year to bring him back next year?

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
We need to do the same thing, but barely enough winning is shielding firing heat from Loggains' @$$.

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
I can buy into our scheme and playbook. I can't buy into our actual playcalling / gameplanning.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login