OL against A&M

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Who on the usual starting OL was out this past Saturday? I noticed Losoya played LG which is usually occupied by Nick Jones. But I'm pretty sure I saw Nick Jones in, possibly playing RT.

Thanks

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Who on the usual starting OL was out this past Saturday? I noticed Losoya played LG which is usually occupied by Nick Jones. But I'm pretty sure I saw Nick Jones in, possibly playing RT.

Thanks
Jones moved over to LT because Dollar Bill was out.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I say leave him at LT. It's been awhile since we didn't give up a sack.
Us not giving up a sack had more to do with A&M's defense. They didn't even try to bring pressure. They were dropping back as much as they could. They walked an extra LB into the box when we went to two back sets and demonstrated that we could run the ball a little. But they didn't heat Will up much at all. I don't know who put together A&M's defensive game plan, but it's the same failed one they used last year even though it's a different DC, so I assume it was Jimbo being Jimbo. Whatever the case, their dysfunction was our advantage.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Us not giving up a sack had more to do with A&M's defense. They didn't even try to bring pressure. They were dropping back as much as they could. They walked an extra LB into the box when we went to two back sets and demonstrated that we could run the ball a little. But they didn't heat Will up much at all. I don't know who put together A&M's defensive game plan, but it's the same failed one they used last year even though it's a different DC, so I assume it was Jimbo being Jimbo. Whatever the case, their dysfunction was our advantage.
But even so, we've seen our offensive line give up sacks with a 3 and 4 man rush more than once. I would even argue the pressures were minimal without looking it up.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
But even so, we've seen our offensive line give up sacks with a 3 and 4 man rush more than once. I would even argue the pressures were minimal without looking it up.
They got pressure some. The difference was really more about our running slowing them down a little and Will getting the ball out faster. Will had two or three options underneath virtually every play. The only time I really recall them going man and bringing pressure was right after they scored the TD to make it 28-17. They were building momentum and assumed we would run the ball there, and we checked to the go route that RaRa housed. That was the biggest play of the Leach era so far, IMO.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login