Olympics Opening Ceremonies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Serious question: why does everyone here care so much? I thought the fashion show stuff was a little weird. Much like fashion shows in general. I shrugged my shoulders at it and enjoyed the athletes enjoying themselves. I also laughed at how some teams got yachts and some got pontoon boats. Overall I enjoyed it. I really don’t understand why so many people seem to enjoy being angry and offended about EVERYTHING. As a great man once said:

View attachment 616598
Probably like me and being forced into watching, so the resentment has to go somewhere

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Well I noticed Manning didn't say a word about the drag show mocking the last supper, my problem is the air time. They gave that way more time than anything else. Sickening.
I still haven't seen that. I'm sure it's coming but I'm giving y'all the perspective I'm commenting from.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Rough night for Kelly - my wife, who is a fan, just commented that she added nothing to the broadcast.

I know he dominated the French Open, but really odd to have Rafa carry the torch.

I was hoping Zidane was going to headbut the masked fencer to take the torch back
The strangeness of it all continues, how bout the boat crew? I will say having the Eiffel Tower to work with as an anchor is pretty cool.
OK finally on to the Frenchies, all is good.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
This entire thing is abnormal. Nobody walks around in Paris being followed by a bunch of men with pink furry circles that they connect into hearts and other shapes.
Nothing is normal in any of this.

But to be serious- grooming requires an end goal of sexual abuse. There is 0 evidence of that, based on the picture that was commented on.
Again, the term is used far too casually.
A kid being around people in drag is not grooming...it's performance acting.
Exposing a kid to sexual things of any orientation is inappropriate. If you think that the word “grooming” is not the appropriate word then good for you for studying the dictionary.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
1-I think you are understating the sexual nature of drag queen shows, generally. Yes, some are more overtly sexual than others, but they are all sexual to some degree.
2-Probably?
Yeah, probably. Again, context. If it's a play where there is sexual content within the storyline like some adult characters are sexually assaulted, then a kid could still possibly be involved without me viewing it as bad, if the kid is old enough to understand the story and actions.
So yeah- probably.

As for me understating the sexual nature of drag shows, I am not understating the sexual nature of drag shows.
I have been commenting on THIS specific performance because THIS performance is the one that was claimed to be a clear instance of grooming.
THIS specific performance didn't seem overly sexualized, based on the clip I saw.

Kids perform in sexual story situations all the time- TV, movies, plays, etc.
Its absurd to claim that someone who identifies as male and performs in drag is grooming a kid that performs alongside them, simply because the adult is in drag, when meanwhile actual statistics show straight males are WAY more likely to both attempt to groom and actually sexually assault underage girls.

But hey- let's instead just continually misuse and overuse a serious term to the point that it's meaning is diluted.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Serious question: why does everyone here care so much? I thought the fashion show stuff was a little weird. Much like fashion shows in general. I shrugged my shoulders at it and enjoyed the athletes enjoying themselves. I also laughed at how some teams got yachts and some got pontoon boats. Overall I enjoyed it. I really don’t understand why so many people seem to enjoy being angry and offended about EVERYTHING. As a great man once said:

View attachment 616598
I grew up watching Mel Brooks' movies, Monte Python, Archie Bunker, George Jefferson, Fred Sanford, and many like them. I am not easily offended. My gosh, that offensive stuff even passed for uproariously funny COMEDY back then. Get a life people.

Reactions: HailStout

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Now as for something offensive, that I shrugged off and enjoyed the games, WE had Muhammad Ali participate in the opening ceremony.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

View attachment 616598
There was a boat with like a coal powered paddle wheel, and then this futuristic looking yacht right after that the Netherlands were on.
Wild difference.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
For 30 minutes, my wife and I have played where the 17 is that country at?

Do I get to play also in what offended me tonight? Or does that automatically disqualify me?

Reactions: L4Dawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Nah, it seems everyone here was offended by something. Now if you were offended and can shrug it off, you are obviously disqualified. 😂

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Nah, it seems everyone here was offended by something. Now if you were offended and can shrug it off, you are obviously disqualified. 😂
Whats Up Hello GIF by Max

Reactions: L4Dawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Exposing a kid to sexual things of any orientation is inappropriate. If you think that the word “grooming” is not the appropriate word then good for you for studying the dictionary.
So you are firmly and universally against child actors being in any TV, movie, play, etc that has sexual content of any kind?
Like a scene where a parent is sexually assaulted and the kid sees it.
Etc etc etc

There are countless instances of this every year on every medium of entertainment.
Yet I never saw a peep about grooming on here or anywhere else, until a handful of years ago and none of those references are ever about hetero situations.
Odd.
Not really, to be clear. It's actually spot on for many posters here.

Reactions: uptowndawg

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021

View attachment 616598
Hold on now, been trying to gin up classic 6P snark all night. Seems this was red meat and just funny stuff all night for such. Oh well, we got grumpy 6P tonight.
As a side note and if you were watching WTVA. While you had to put up with Richard Swartz all night you also got cutie from Barns Crossing selling you cars as well so there was that.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
Can't say I've ever thought of it.
Context matters though.

If the child isn't sexually objectified or exploited, and the performance isn't inappropriate, so it's really just a child that is participating in a performance that also included drag queens...I couldn't care less what age the child is.

If it's a sexualized performance, then a kid probably shouldn't be involved.

I saw a 30 second clip of the actual performance in question and they are all just posing.
It's distasteful. It's odd. It isn't something I think was beneficial to have. But based on the clip I saw and the image posted in this thread, there is no evidence that the child is being prepared for sexual exploitation.
The entire subject is sexualized and exploitive in nature. The entire gay agenda is sexual by definition. Why drag a kid into that subject matter? Give me one damn reason why a kid needs to ever be involved in gay culture or any other sexually motivated culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.