On road to ATL for Stadium Tour

irondawg007

Jan 23, 2007
Gonna corrupt my teenage daughters with Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett.

Will be interesting to see who has the best show being in their 60’s.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Gonna corrupt my teenage daughters with Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Vince will be amazing. His enunciation is perfection and he remembers every lyric! 😂😂😂😂

Poison is playing the Silver Star on July 3rd but they went 75 bucks a ticket. Out of those acts, I think Bret is the only one that sounds near to what they were in the 80s. Joe isn’t bad but he definitely sings lower than he did back in the day.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Glam metal overload. I don't absolutely hate all their music, but no way I'm paying money for that bunch that's over 60 and they all think they still got it.

But hey, Tommy Lee got himself a hot 30-year old wife.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I was looking forward to seeing Bret Michaels & Drive-By Truckers in Natchez last month but both performances were canceled because of lightning.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I was going until they rescheduled it from Saturday to Thursday.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
A lot of songs I’ve always liked aren’t as enjoyable when I hear my daughter singing them in the car.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
I was looking forward to seeing Bret Michaels & Drive-By Truckers in Natchez last month but both performances were canceled because of lightning.

I wanted to go to that as well. Glad I waited to buy tickets because that Friday was some terrible weather.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Def Leppard just released a new album and it's their best in at least two decades. With that said, Bret is probably still the best singer out of those three bands.

irondawg007

Jan 23, 2007
3 out of 4 complete so far tonight. Here’s what I’ve got while Def Leppard sets up. Huge sold out crowd in Atlanta.

Joan Jett was a typical opener. Not many effects. Musically, just the same as she’s ever been. Vocally just as good. Seeing Joan Jett was definitely a cool experience. Half the crowd wasn’t in seats yet, and I hated they missed such a good opener.

Poison honestly blew me away. I’ve seen them about six times over the years and a couple of Bret’s single shows with a band. Tonight, they all looked like they were in their late 20’s giving it everything. Bret was in the best shape of his life physically and vocally sounded as good as I’ve heard him in many years. C.C. was absolutely killer tonight. Rikki solid. Amazing show with all of their hits from 1986 on.

Now for the Crue. Musically they had very strong points. Vince started ok, but it got so uncomfortable the more the show continued. Several songs had about 10-15 seconds of dead silence between them with awkward intros by a heavy breathing Vince. The other band members were great musically but not in sync with rhythm on many songs. Effects for Motley Crue have been the best so far in the night. Incredible actually. But the Crue would have been better to just play instrumental tonight in my opinion.

Now I know why Def Leppard was given the final stage spot. I’ve seen them a couple times and they are always pin-point perfect live. I expect Def Leppard to rise up and put on an amazing end to the night.

ArcadeDawg

Jan 14, 2016
Thanks irondawg007,
How was Def Leppard?
I hate Tommy Lee isn’t 100%. One of my favorite drummers.

irondawg007

Jan 23, 2007
Def Leppard was absolutely incredible. A few songs into their set, a rainstorm came through. Rather than delay the night and kill the moment, they switched gears and did an extended acoustic set. Once it passed, they shifted right back into full gear and played it all. Impressive thing was, as the rain started coming down, they changed to a raindrop effect on their video and effects to fit the mood while playing Love Bites. Vocally, extremely impressive. They had amazing visuals. As another posted shared above, the new album they released is strong. They played those songs and it was shocking how a group of men that age can do exactly what they did years ago. Worth every penny to attend. My daughters had the best time.

ArcadeDawg

Jan 14, 2016
Thanks for the update. Our show is actually in Arlington. One of the reasons we picked it was the retractable roof. Also we are seeing this show one night and Lady Gaga the next.

Avelso

Apr 20, 2014
I’m embarrassed to say how many times I’ve seen Def L. They have never disappointed our group. They play those 15 songs they have just like they did in the 80’s. I can’t make the Stadium tour but hope to see them summer 23 if they do a amphitheater tour. Poison is also damn good. We’ve seen them twice. Brett was great and does a lot of “USA” stuff that works perfect down south.

ArcadeDawg

Jan 14, 2016
I have also been a huge Def Leppard fan.
Saw them in Vegas in 2019 during their residency at Planet Hollywood. It was a great show and the video boards were unreal.

irondawg007

Jan 23, 2007
It appears Def Leppard and Motley Crue will flip who closes each night. I’m guessing Crue will now be last set in Miami tonight.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Joan Jett was a typical opener. Not many effects. Musically, just the same as she’s ever been. Vocally just as good. Seeing Joan Jett was definitely a cool experience. Half the crowd wasn’t in seats yet, and I hated they missed such a good opener.

I saw her a couple of times way back in the early 80's and any other band trying to play on the same stage as her got their *** handed to them unless they weren't giving it all they had. She never does anything half ***.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login