On this day in 1994...

WSTLion87

Oct 10, 2021
I saw in what I believe my 50 year obsession as a PSU football fan the greatest PSU team ever witnessed take on Temple at Franklin Field. I have been to many venues over the years, but that trip to Franklin Field was one of my absolute favorites! PSU won 48-21 and were blanked in the opening and final stanza. Coach definitely took it easy on his in-state rival, but it is scary to think how many points in a game that team could have accumulated. It was a drizzly day and we were sheltered from the rain on the 40 yard line. Was anyone else there?

Reactions: BobPSU92

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
I was there. Franklin field certainly has an historic feel to it. A bit cramped. I remember the bench seating sections, at least where I was, being REALLY long. Had to crawl over about a hundreds people to get out. The portals were really small as well. Made a little claustrophobic.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
I can say I felt better that day than leaving the Linc after Temple beat the Hackenberg led Nits some years later.

As mentioned, the destruction of Ohio St in 94 stands atop the mountain of the sheer brilliance of that squad. What a day that was.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I was there. KiJana hurt his hand that game, and everyone was concerned. Until the next game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login