Open scrimmage at the Dude

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
We have more players than we can put in the field. Colton Ledbetter is the real deal. Hunter went out of the park. Kellen hit a rope off the wall for a triple. Dakota Jordan hit a ball to left, over the Lounge area. Amani Larry is new, ok and can hit and field. It comes down to pitching, like it did last year. If we pitch well, we win, a lot. No Landon. No Self. No Moreland.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
We have more players than we can put in the field. Colton Ledbetter is the real deal. Hunter went out of the park. Kellen hit a rope off the wall for a triple. Dakota Jordan hit a ball to left, over the Lounge area. Amani Larry is new, ok and can hit and field. It comes down to pitching, like it did last year. If we pitch well, we win, a lot. No Landon. No Self. No Moreland.
If it comes down to pitching, we are screwed. Because, every SEC West pitching staff is better. Same song as last year, different verse.

AlSwearengen2

Nov 29, 2022
I just hope we aren’t doing all of this hitting b/c the pitching is really really weak. I’m not expecting a lot, but it will be hard to stomach bad, as in bottom of the league pitching. Mediocre I can handle. Bad is going to mean another tough year.

Reactions: Bulldog45

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I just hope we aren’t doing all of this hitting b/c the pitching is really really weak. I’m not expecting a lot, but it will be hard to stomach bad, as in bottom of the league pitching. Mediocre I can handle. Bad is going to mean another tough year.
Pitching as whole is ok. It's deeper and better than was available last year. Starting pitching is a question. It's not dominating starting pitching. We don't have a high level starter.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Freak out !!!!!
Baseball is kind of like women’s basketball to me. Only worth following/caring about when we are good. We won’t be good.

Don’t get me wrong. A day at the Dude in mid to late spring can’t be beat. But, at this point in my life, it doesn’t matter if we are winning or losing.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Baseball is kind of like women’s basketball to me. Only worth following/caring about when we are good. We won’t be good.

Don’t get me wrong. A day at the Dude in mid to late spring can’t be beat. But, at this point in my life, it doesn’t matter if we are winning or losing.
Yet here you are in the thread not caring.

Reactions: AFDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Yeah you suck pretty hard.

We will be fine.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Pitching as whole is ok. It's deeper and better than was available last year. Starting pitching is a question. It's not dominating starting pitching. We don't have a high level starter.
You don’t think Cade Smith or KC Hunt will make a jump? Of course they will. Someone always does.

Everybody gets a year older, and no one ever accounts for it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If it comes down to pitching, we are screwed. Because, every SEC West pitching staff is better. Same song as last year, different verse.
Then why put the jerseys on?

It's January, for Magnum's Sake!

I guess it is outlandish to think we might have improved as well?

Why do I click on baseball threads before March, thinking I might want to read it instead of slitting my wrists two posts in?

Reactions: mcdawg22

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
You don’t think Cade Smith or KC Hunt will make a jump? Of course they will. Someone always does.

Everybody gets a year older, and no one ever accounts for it.
They're not power arms that will dominate. But they can pitch. That's not a knock, but also they aren't a Bednar or Sims.
Dohm topped out at 98 mph. He's going to be big time. Kohn improved and throws a little harder.
We've got a lot of arms.

Reactions: Mjoelner

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t think our pitching is good enough for us to make a deep run or win it all, but I expect us to be much improved. I think we’re a borderline host team, lean toward us being a 2 seed in a road Regional.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
They're not power arms that will dominate. But they can pitch. That's not a knock, but also they aren't a Bednar or Sims.
Dohm topped out at 98 mph. He's going to be big time. Kohn improved and throws a little harder.
We've got a lot of arms.
Location is the key, especially in college. Jeff Brantley is one of the best pitchers we've ever had and he rarely hit 90. But he had great command of his pitches. Last year we had way too many guys that could not put the ball where they wanted for whatever reason. They were either walking folks or grooving pitches and that gets you beat no matter the velocity. We need to see a big improvement there for us to have a significantly better pitching staff this year.

Beardo27

Mar 15, 2013

giphy (1).gif

Attachments

• giphy (1).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 2

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
we suck again GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login