OT: a week later

Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
This is the best overview of the shooting I’ve seen.

I think at least one thing she gets wrong is the sniper team that took out the shooter. The nearest team was obstructed by a tree (as the first video shows). The team on the opposite building took him out.

One of my takeaways is the shooter’s line of sight. Yes, he had a very reasonable shot at Trump, but had he moved to his right along the roof, he would have had an even easier shot. The people who alerted the police and the policeman that climbed the roof and forced the shooter to rush the shooting probably saved Trump’s life.

IMG_1597.jpeg

Btw, I don’t believe any of the conspiracy theories. This was simply a disaster of incompetence.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

I think at least one thing she gets wrong is the sniper team that took out the shooter. The nearest team was obstructed by a tree (as the first video shows). The team on the opposite building took him out.

One of my takeaways is the shooter’s line of sight. Yes, he had a very reasonable shot at Trump, but had he moved to his right along the roof, he would have had an even easier shot. The people who alerted the police and the policeman that climbed the roof and forced the shooter to rush the shooting probably saved Trump’s life.

View attachment 613239

Btw, I don’t believe any of the conspiracy theories. This was simply a disaster of incompetence.

Yep. Appears to be a school shooter type, that picked Trump because he came to town.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
If it was an organized attempt to assassinate the president, no way that’s who would be chosen to take the shot.
Just repeating this because it's what I read somewhere. I make no claims at all to its accuracy. In fact, I tend to strongly say it's BS, but somebody evidently did a forensic sound analysis and concluded there were three different weapons fired indicating multiple shooters. The shooter was the fall guy and the pros were further back.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
and we're off and running! I will say any thought there would be a "changed person" it ain't happening if today is any indication. Ho lee chit.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It was some kid who felt like a no body. Who was picked on while growing up. Who had access to weapons and the teaching on how to use the weapon. He got to a point where he felt he did not have any reason to live and decided he would go out with a bang. If Biden was the guy there, he would have tried to take him out. No conspiracy. Just some lonely guy who did not want to live but wanted to be remembered for something big. Then you add in the ****** planning and the carrying out the plan by the Secret Service it was all set up for a disaster. If you were going to take Trump out that was a great opportunity. They won't get that again.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
and we're off and running! I will say any thought there would be a "changed person" it ain't happening if today is any indication. Ho lee chit.
I don't watch him. I am voting for him, but I will not listen to his speeches. Democrats are even more hateful. I don't listen to them anymore either.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Shooter got incredibly lucky with that vantage point not being guarded.

After watching thousands of Ruskies blown to bits with $500 drones in Ukraine, I don’t know you’d stop an attack like that.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
If it was an organized attempt to assassinate the president, no way that’s who would be chosen to take the shot.
Unless there was more than one gunman, aka lee Harvey Oswald with his crappy italian carbine.

you always need a patsy, like sirhan sirhan and RFK. More shots were recorded fired than Sirhans gun held.

im not sayang that’s the case here, but it would explain the use of a patsy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishsqeezer

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It is difficult to wrap my mind around the fact that it happened due to poor planning, poor communication, and a lack of doing something when there was a known concern(spotted 20min before shot taken).

I get why people fall back to conspiracies on this, since simple reality is so bonkers.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
It is difficult to wrap my mind around the fact that it happened due to poor planning, poor communication, and a lack of doing something when there was a known concern(spotted 20min before shot taken).

I get why people fall back to conspiracies on this, since simple reality is so bonkers.
You're not the only one. It's completely & utterly unfathomable the lack of competency that day.

My brain hurts just thinking about it.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

View attachment 613239

We may never know what was going thru the mind of the counter-terrorist sniper as he looked thru his telescopic sight and beheld white Steve Urkel. The sniper’s disbelief at what he was seeing had to be dramatic. He had to be questioning shooting a kid that looked to be 12.

Reactions: DerHntr

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
A 150 yard shot from a cheap AR 15 shooting “off the shelf" ammunition with open sites in the prone unsupported position is not an easy shot.

Plus that kid had little experience, wore glasses and probably didn't know how to adjust for the wind.

And why would he have a rangefinder? There’s not enough adjustment on an open site to make precise distance matter much. I think it was to draw attention to himself.

That kid didn’t come up with that **** on his own, plus someone insured he wasn’t hassled much by the local police or other agents. It was like he wanted to be seen and wanted to be filmed at that event.

I'm not implying there was or was not a second shooter, but he certainly was guided, manipulated and protected by someone.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021

I still haven't seen much on the most basic question and seems to me the easiest to determine. How the heck did he physically get on the roof in the first place. Saw something about a ladder early on and now something about the HVAC. Has that been determined and I just missed it?

patdog

May 28, 2007
And a week later, it was either pathetic incompetence, a conspiracy, or they were just letting it happen.
No in between.
I think a combination of incompetence & letting it happen is most likely. I certainly don’t think anyone conspired to kill him. But they didn’t exactly assign the best & brightest agents to protect him.

Reactions: GloryDawg

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Just repeating this because it's what I read somewhere. I make no claims at all to its accuracy. In fact, I tend to strongly say it's BS, but somebody evidently did a forensic sound analysis and concluded there were three different weapons fired indicating multiple shooters. The shooter was the fall guy and the pros were further back.
1721523219124.gif

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I have been expecting an attempt on him for a couple of months. The more they tried to destroy him, the stronger he became. Been telling my wife for awhile that if they decided that they couldn’t beat him, then they would kill him. However, I think this nut job preempted a more professional hit that would have happened pretty soon, which now makes it more difficult, but not impossible for them to do that now. That lead to them all of a sudden freaking out about trying to replace Biden. Replacing plan A with plan B now. What a huge dirty mess. In my opinion, the gunman either acted alone or had the help of 1 or 2 dirty local cops. Nothing more. The Secret Service has apparently been hiring workers from Wendy’s that leave the fries out of your bag.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
A 150 yard shot from a cheap AR 15 shooting “off the shelf" ammunition with open sites in the prone unsupported position is not an easy shot.

Plus that kid had little experience, wore glasses and probably didn't know how to adjust for the wind.

And why would he have a rangefinder? There’s not enough adjustment on an open site to make precise distance matter much. I think it was to draw attention to himself.

That kid didn’t come up with that **** on his own, plus someone insured he wasn’t hassled much by the local police or other agents. It was like he wanted to be seen and wanted to be filmed at that event.

I'm not implying there was or was not a second shooter, but he certainly was guided, manipulated and protected by someone.
I’m sorry, but there isn’t much “adjusting for the wind” at 150 yds

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
It might be something to think about if a hurricane was blowing through Butler, PA at that time.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I have been expecting an attempt on him for a couple of months. The more they tried to destroy him, the stronger he became. Been telling my wife for awhile that if they decided that they couldn’t beat him, then they would kill him. However, I think this nut job preempted a more professional hit that would have happened pretty soon, which now makes it more difficult, but not impossible for them to do that now. That lead to them all of a sudden freaking out about trying to replace Biden. Replacing plan A with plan B now. What a huge dirty mess. In my opinion, the gunman either acted alone or had the help of 1 or 2 dirty local cops. Nothing more. The Secret Service has apparently been hiring workers from Wendy’s that leave the fries out of your bag.
When/If Biden drops out and if Hillary somehow secures the nomination, Trump better hire Seal 6 for 24 hour security.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
We may never know what was going thru the mind of the counter-terrorist sniper as he looked thru his telescopic sight and beheld white Steve Urkel. The sniper’s disbelief at what he was seeing had to be dramatic. He had to be questioning shooting a kid that looked to be 12.
Did you not see the more recent pic?
The ones that showed, were from high school when he was about 17.
1721527381616.png

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Incredible.

1) no camera in the back where the bullet could have been shown hitting the ear. Literally perfect way for the failed attempt to go. Hits but minor damage near the face but... no photo or video of the ear will ever be shown. If it was going to be faked then that's how to do it. No blood appears until after he stands up...

2) behavior of secret service on the stage was very unusual and seemed rehearsed

3) photo with blood on the face, flag in the background, with group hug of secret service also looked too perfect to be accidental

4) Trump never looked traumatized at all, recovered in less than an a minute, cheers on the crowd, never missing a beat

Last edited:

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
It’s astounding to me how little press is being given to the guy who 17’n died. There is a wife and kids who are without their husband and father now because of this nut job. I get it was an assassination attempt on a ex-president, but good lord.

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Yep. Appears to be a school shooter type, that picked Trump because he came to town.
Agreed.

There are literally probably a thousand guys within 5 miles of where I sit right now that that wouldn't have missed. That's not that hard of a shot if you shoot regularly. Heck, he was prone and braced. Trump is lucky, very lucky. Shooting an AR with off the shelf ammo there wouldn't be much drop at all there due to range. The fact that the kid went for a head shot is probably what saved Trump. There is no conspiracy here, this was a school shooter type poor old bullied dweeb looking to go out, like all of them, in a blaze of notoriety. As I always say when this type crap happens, the worst thing we can do is put their name out all over the place. That's why they do it.
That being said there were some monumental failures with security. That roof was the obvious place. THAt being said we are talking about an ex-President. They don't get the type of multilayered federal stuff the sitting one does. The failure was with the local cops it seems.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
He moved his head at the last second. If he hadn't, he'd be dead.
Respectfully disagree. Yes, thankfully he moved his head but He tried to get cute and copy the Kennedy shooting from 1963. All he had to do was center him up with any garden variety cup and core bullet and a sure thing would have been over in 5 seconds. When that buck of a lifetime comes by you don’t get cute, you put one through both lungs because it’s a quick and a sure thing. So thankful that this guy was just another dumb a$$. By the way, I was working with a new rifle recently and shot a 5 shot group at a similar distance that measured under .400” and I am not nearly as good as I used to be. The accuracy of the better rifles today is amazing. The guy was an idiot and can’t shoot worth a crap. The guy that was sadly killed was in the upper left hand corner behind the stage. Since the shooter was to the left, that shot missed by perhaps 30 feet. After the first shot I guess he freaked out and just shot wildly in the general direction of the stage. Not a professional at all. Thankfully. It makes me sick that this is even a conversation. I don’t care which side you support, we are suppose to settle our elections by voting not by murder.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
One more comment and then I am done with this. If you notice in any of the zillion videos out there, the wind was blowing pretty stiffly from right to left. While the novice or non shooter might not realize it, very little wind has an impact on the bullet trajectory. While I have not run any numbers on any of the 5.56 bullets available, I do have the trajectory dope for a 6.5PRC with the 143 Hornady ELDX right here in front of me and with only a 10 mph right to left cross wind at 130 yards the impact point would be pushed to the left by .700”. Any projectile from a 5.56 rifle would have moved at least this much and probably a little more. Any professional shooter would take that factor under consideration. The guy had a GOLF range finder for crying out loud, not that Anyone needs a range finder for a 130 yard shot anyway. Definitely not a professional. Just some guy with some sort of mental / depression type issues that made a terrible mistake affecting his entire Country. Over and out.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Respectfully disagree. Yes, thankfully he moved his head but He tried to get cute and copy the Kennedy shooting from 1963. All he had to do was center him up with any garden variety cup and core bullet and a sure thing would have been over in 5 seconds. When that buck of a lifetime comes by you don’t get cute, you put one through both lungs because it’s a quick and a sure thing. So thankful that this guy was just another dumb a$$. By the way, I was working with a new rifle recently and shot a 5 shot group at a similar distance that measured under .400” and I am not nearly as good as I used to be. The accuracy of the better rifles today is amazing. The guy was an idiot and can’t shoot worth a crap. The guy that was sadly killed was in the upper left hand corner behind the stage. Since the shooter was to the left, that shot missed by perhaps 30 feet. After the first shot I guess he freaked out and just shot wildly in the general direction of the stage. Not a professional at all. Thankfully. It makes me sick that this is even a conversation. I don’t care which side you support, we are suppose to settle our elections by voting not by murder.
As for the lung shot …wasn’t Trump wearing a vest?

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
Incredible.

1) no camera in the back where the bullet could have been shown hitting the ear. Literally perfect way for the failed attempt to go. Hits but minor damage near the face but... no photo or video of the ear will ever be shown. If it was going to be faked then that's how to do it. No blood appears until after he stands up...

2) behavior of secret service on the stage was very unusual and seemed rehearsed

3) photo with blood on the face, flag in the background, with group hug of secret service also looked too perfect to be accidental

4) Trump never looked traumatized at all, recovered in less than an a minute, cheers on the crowd, never missing a beat
Oh boy.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

I don’t think there is any elaborate conspiracy other than the SS and Co willfully not sending their best for Trump’s security detail. What’s the worst that happen? Amirite?

I can guarantee you there are 1000s of badass roughnecks that got denied jobs with the SS because they didn’t meet the their newest recruitment criteria…

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login